Lee
PhilH
Scrunch
Southee
Brucetiki
25 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Preliminary Final: Eagles v North - Sunday 16 September @ Adelaide Oval - Page 3 Empty Re: Preliminary Final: Eagles v North - Sunday 16 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by Lee Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:40 pm

See the Rumour File thread. North kicked 2 goals with an extra player on the field, it's alleged.

Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Preliminary Final: Eagles v North - Sunday 16 September @ Adelaide Oval - Page 3 Empty Re: Preliminary Final: Eagles v North - Sunday 16 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by bayman Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:43 pm

Lee wrote:See the Rumour File thread. North kicked 2 goals with an extra player on the field, it's alleged.

had read it & if true that fault surely belongs to those in official capacities at the interchange gate

can a protest be lodged ?

regardless 10-2 up & you should not be losing

bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:07 pm

Channel 7 and SANFL having a meeting over 19 North players on the oval ?
How did interchange stewards miss it and umpires miss it ?
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:11 pm

mickyj wrote:Channel 7 and SANFL having a meeting over 19 North players on the oval ?
How did interchange stewards miss it and umpires miss it ?
I’m not sure it’s the umps job to see it unless the opposition points it out to them. Who knows these days with so many rule changes over the years though.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:14 pm

Law 5.5.3.c says the score is wiped, however given how the interchange is supposed to work rather than having a count it is probably too late....a league official from another club text me that lawyers are already involved so perhaps it’s best to leave it for the time being
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:17 pm

Just got another text saying the afl changed the result of a St Kilda & Fremantle match so although in a different competition a precedent has been set there
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:43 pm

Keep on saying why didn't the 3 interchange stewards (North, Eagles and the SANFL) the extra umpires and champion data Notice what was going on
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by bayman Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:57 pm

My Eagles man said that he thinks (his opinion only) that because the interchange steward didn’t pick it up that the match will not be overturned & would imagine he’s going to be in huge trouble
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:07 pm

I wonder if anything would of been said if the Eagles hadn't been 8 goals up and won instead of blowing there win
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:14 pm

Same thing happened in the Neafl today, absolutely astonishing in this day & age
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:28 pm

bayman wrote:Same thing happened in the Neafl today, absolutely astonishing in this day & age
Yeah read about it
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:36 pm

Pretty sure the rules state the Captain needs to request a head count from the umpire.

Can't understand how the message wasn't sent out to Thompson or Guieffreda if Eagles officials knew about it?
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:41 pm

It seems Black & White ... no count no change ... so why is this taking so long to confirm?
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:41 pm

PhilH wrote:It seems Black & White ... no count no change ... so why is this taking so long to confirm?
Agreed, mate.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:52 pm

Whatever the ruling, an extra man for 5 minutes is a massive advantage.

Not only the goal scored, but it was such an important time in the game .

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:55 pm

Press Release from the SANFL

SANFL STATEMENT – PRELIMINARY FINAL

SANFL can confirm that in today’s SANFL Macca’s League Preliminary Final between Woodville West Torrens Football Club and

North Adelaide Football Club at Adelaide Oval there were 19 North Adelaide players on the field at the commencement of the fourth quarter.

SANFL is currently considering this matter and will provide a further statement as soon as possible.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:02 pm

From my 35 years in sports admin ... generally those running a league want the result on the field to stand.

Exception is when there is a clear breach of rules that had a material effect on the result ... then they are honour bound to ensure rules they have at their disposal are enforced.

Issue here is there "appears" to be a clear breach of rules and that breech had a material result.

But the process put in place to deal with it, a players count "appears" to have failed.

But there is also an interchange rule which if breached gives more open juristiction to the league to decide an appropriate penalty.

But does having only 2 players come off at the start of the final quarter from the huddle constiutute an interchange infingement?

PhilH
PhilH

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:20 pm

When the interchange came in vogue, the interchange steward is the one in charge & the count as it was is no longer an option, umpire Robin Bennett explains in the “Fred Bills & the 19th man” article
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:25 pm

Good points, Phil.

There are a number of practical issues here relating to interchange rules, notification, players coming on and off.etc.

It's a difficult situation for everyone involved.

A 'no win' situation, whatever is ruled.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:45 pm

Agree Lee .... probably best SANFL actually take some time on this one.

Sleep on it and make what will be an historical determination tomorrow morning. .... I'm off to bed ... looooong day
PhilH
PhilH

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:47 pm

Is a replay possible & the grand final the week after?

If so is that fair on Norwood?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:59 pm

I have many thoughts; this is just one of them.  I noticed on the screen after North kicked a goal sometime near the end of the 3rd or before they were in front in the last, it had Carr calmly clapping with no other emotion.  I said to Dad, "it's as if he knew they were going to win..."
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:44 am

How does the NAFC interchange steward not notice that he has one fewer on the bench than he should have?
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:40 am

North had 2 on the bench a fair bit of 3rd quarter with Tropiano & Spina in medical rooms at different times. Probably thought 1 was still down there.
PhilH
PhilH

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next