PhilH
Booney
The Hatchet
Southee
the prowler
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Preliminary Final: West v Centrals - Sunday 20 September @ Adelaide Oval Empty Preliminary Final: West v Centrals - Sunday 20 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:52 pm

West - 3rd (11-7 54.91%)
Centrals - 5th (9-8-1 51.59%)

2015 Results:
Round 5: West 13.17.95 d Centrals 9.7.61 @ City Mazda Stadium
Round 14: West 11.12.78 d Centrals 10.7.67 @ Playford Alive Oval

Centrals hung on for dear life in their win over Port, while West gave the Eagles a good run for their money but ultimately fell short. Will Centrals fairytale finals run continue, or will West get the job done?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Preliminary Final: West v Centrals - Sunday 20 September @ Adelaide Oval Empty Re: Preliminary Final: West v Centrals - Sunday 20 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by bayman Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:21 pm

Westies' to be too good for what has been a very gallant Central over the last 8 or so matches
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Preliminary Final: West v Centrals - Sunday 20 September @ Adelaide Oval Empty Re: Preliminary Final: West v Centrals - Sunday 20 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by the prowler Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:30 am

Looks to be 2 evenly matched teams going on form.

Centrals have the momentum now and could push Westies to the edge of the cliff.

However and a big however, Westies should be able to hold on and forward themselves into a Grand Final.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:54 am

Lee vs Phil

The prize here is much bigger than what Malcolm and Tony had to gain.
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:49 am

Yes. Thought it was sorted, but Central have been terrific.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:09 am

Yes, for those not aware, Lee and myself had a bet that whoevers team finished the higher would have a new member for season 2016...

I must admit, even after getting into the finals and knocking the reigning premiers off, I had found myself perusign the membership page of the WAFC website...

Dare to dream...

In Laird We Trust...

Praise the Laird...

P.S - Good luck on the weekend, Lee, it has been an enjoyable battle Smile
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:13 am

West have a couple of key outs with Hill, who has had a very good season IMHO, and like many West players, has probably been under-rated outside of the WAFC...

Aaron Fielke is a classy player, goes without saying, and always seems to give Central a few match-up headaches...

No doubt the Dogs heirachy will be pleased he is not there...

This will be a real war of attrition between two sides that have a nice mix of youth, experience and class...

Have tipped against the Dogs the last 3 weeks and it seems to have had the opposite affect, but will hold off on seeing the teams until making my selection...

Very much looking forward to the game...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:16 am

Paul wrote:Lee vs Phil

Nothing compared to BIG Phil v Scrappy
Ive now lost 2 lots of ham and pineapple pizzas on the 2 CD finals games with BIG Phil

BIG Phil
Would you like another small ham and pineapple pizza on the Prelim final as well ?
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:42 am

Big Phil wrote:Yes, for those not aware, Lee and myself had a bet that whoevers team finished the higher would have a new member for season 2016...

I must admit, even after getting into the finals and knocking the reigning premiers off, I had found myself perusign the membership page of the WAFC website...

Dare to dream...

In Laird We Trust...

Praise the Laird...

P.S - Good luck on the weekend, Lee, it has been an enjoyable battle Smile

You too, Phil, I don't think either of us thought it would come down to the result of a Preliminary Final.

Same again next year, regardless of result?
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:47 am

Scrappy wrote:

Ive now lost 2 lots of ham and pineapple pizzas on the 2 CD finals games with BIG Phil

BIG Phil
Would you like another small ham and pineapple pizza on the Prelim final as well ?

Want to up the stakes, Scrappy?

If Central win the Prelim, you owe me a Party Size Ham & Pineapple Pizza...

If West win, then we are all square and you owe me nothing...

Sounds fair?
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:02 pm

Big Phil wrote:
Scrappy wrote:

BIG Phil

Want to up the stakes, Scrappy?

If Central win the Prelim, you owe me a Party Size Ham & Pineapple Pizza...

If West win, then we are all square and you owe me nothing...

Sounds fair?

Ye$
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:16 pm

After witnessing Centrals beat South to knock us out the finals race in the last round of the year, I walked out thinking they are red hot to create something special......

They will...Centrals by 3 goals.
Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:19 pm

Central were $81.00 to go top in the lead up to the South v Central match, (South were $26.00) i thought about it but couldn't see them winning 5 'elimination' games in a row, can't see them winning but i'm sure it'll be close for the majority of the day
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:00 pm

Some big calls to make, for both clubs, from the selection point of view...

Injury clouds and risks of players coming back in underdone to be heavily discussed...

Look forward to seeing the selected teams come out later today...

Last edited by Big Phil on Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:44 pm

Correct, Phil.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:33 pm

WEST
West Adelaide has been dealt a further blow with key defender Adam Hartlett ruled out of Sunday’s Preliminary Final against Central with a thigh injury.
A member of the Bloods’ leadership group, Hartlett hurt his quad during the first term of the Second Semi Final but continued to play in pain.
‘’He’s been fantastic for us particularly with his on-field discipline this year,’’ West football manager Andrew Marks said.
‘’He’s been displaying great leadership so he will certainly be missed.’’
The former Carlton player has been joined on the Bloods’ omission list with defender Logan Hill and classy forward Aaron Fielke, who have both been sidelined with concussion.
Ex-Glenelg utility Riley Milne looms as the direct replacement for Hartlett after being named at centre half-back.
‘’Riley can play tall or small and he can rebound off his opponent to provide some important drive for us,’’ Marks said.
Star midfielder Taite Silverlock is edging closer to a return from a hamstring strain suffered against Port in the Qualifying Final.
‘’As the week has gone by he’s getting closer to playing,’’ Marks said of Silverlock.
‘’But he’s got to train with the main group on Friday night first as he hasn’t managed that yet.’’
Should Silverlock not recover it could open the door for strong-bodied midfielder Jadyn Brind to make his League debut.
A member of the McDonald’s SA Under-18 team this year, Brind – from Roxby Downs – measures in at 180cm and 92kg.
His fellow State team-mate, Jack Agostino, looks certain to replace Hill in the back pocket while key position player Ben Klemke has been included on the extended interchange bench.

F: Haysman, Webb, Anderson
HF: Green, Tuck, Beech
C: Homburg, Stevens, Schiller
HB: Caire, Milne, Wasley-Black
B: Agostino, Keough, Helbig

R: Willits, Schmidt, Snelling
INT: Silverlock, Klemke, Middleton, Brind, Porplyzia
IN: Milne, Silverlock, Brind, Klemke, Agostino
OUT: Hill (concussion), Fielke (concussion), Hartlett (quad)

Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:51 pm

Hartlett out is a big blow for the Bloods...

The Dogs up to their eyeballs in this one and a chance for a new member in 2016 Wink
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hatchet Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:32 pm

looks like a few other radio stations coming on board for the rest of the finals.

does the sanfl pay for their involvement?
The Hatchet
The Hatchet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:40 pm

Big Phil wrote:Hartlett out is a big blow for the Bloods...

The Dogs up to their eyeballs in this one and a chance for a new member in 2016 Wink

Don't get ahead of yourself, Phil.

There's still a bit of quality in the side, despite the outs
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:17 pm

Central by 19
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bundy Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:12 pm

Dogs by 34pts
Bundy
Bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:38 am

The Hatchet wrote:looks like a few other radio stations coming on board for the rest of the finals.

does the sanfl pay for their involvement?

I believe that FiveAA and ABC will be calling the Preliminary Final and Grand Final then TripleMMM will also be doing the GF, as well...

No, to my knowledge, the SANFLdoesn't pay them, they provide the coverage as a 'community service' at their own cost. But, they are a commercial station and have a huge sponsorship income to cover their costs...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:46 am

Too many quality outs for the Bloods.

Harlett controlled the back half against Port, the inexperienced Shaw and Harvey let him do as he pleased and he set up the wall across half back, directed his fellow backmen into place and Port looked unable to score because of it.

Last week, while playing injured, had both Wundke and Ainger to deal with and it proved too much for he and Westies back half to deal with.

Centrals hardened finals bodies to dictate terms here, Centrals by 22 points.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:01 pm

Booney wrote:Too many quality outs for the Bloods.

Hearing there could be another one, now?
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:24 pm

Big Phil wrote:
Booney wrote:Too many quality outs for the Bloods.

Hearing there could be another one, now?

Sadly heard that as well.

Was very confident we'd win up to I saw that Hartlett was an out. He is our most important player.

Centrals have pretty much been playing elimination finals for each of the last 8 weeks or so, so surely you would think it would be taking its toll.

Earlier in the week I thought we'd win by 10 goals but now I think it is going to be a hell of a lot closer. Maybe a kick either way and hopefully it is the bloods on the right side of the ledger.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum