PhilH
Booney
The Hatchet
Southee
the prowler
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Preliminary Final: West v Centrals - Sunday 20 September @ Adelaide Oval - Page 3 Empty Re: Preliminary Final: West v Centrals - Sunday 20 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by firstblood Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:23 am

bayman wrote:today West proved they are a top 3 (now at least top 2) team especially with key players out, as mentioned above Central never threw the towel in & their supporters should be proud of the improvement they've shown over the course of the season, the players that came in played in a matter to give the coach selection headaches next week, i thought Homburg was instrumental in setting up victory not only with his early goals but with his mopping up out of defence, looking forward to next week, i hope there is a big crowd but after 7,218 turned up today i fear a crowd less than 20,000 turning up for next weeks grand final

Hopefully there will be more than 20,000 next week bayman..lots of supporters from the Riverland, Roxby Downs and our other country areas will make the trip down, i'm sure you will see quite a few more Blood's supporters there this week.
firstblood
firstblood

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Preliminary Final: West v Centrals - Sunday 20 September @ Adelaide Oval - Page 3 Empty Re: Preliminary Final: West v Centrals - Sunday 20 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by Big Phil Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:35 am

Lee wrote:You're not jumping at shadows, are you, Phil.

I was totally truthful all along.

Trustworthy  Very Happy

I never said you weren't?

Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:42 am

Lee wrote:Edmeade a big out for Central, O'Brien in.

No big outs for West - official

Phil?

Yes, Lee, Edmead(e) was a late withdrawal for the Dogs after hurting a thigh at training...

I was unable to get on to reply as I was calling the Maccas Cup U18's Grand Final for the SANFL stream...

Definately missed Edmead's forward pressure yesterday but even if he did play, Central looked shot and tired anyway...

Full credit to the Bloods, whos intent was clear from the outset and had some impressive performances from some of the lesser likes...

Should be a good Grand Final next week and those key midfield injuries for the Eagles will certainly help West Adelaide's chances, for sure...

I think the Bloods chances have a lot riding on whether Hartlett comes up or not? What are his chances, Lee?

Well done to the Bloods on a good win and well done to Central for knocking out the reinging Grand Finalists in consecutive knock-out finals and giving great entertainment to their fans in the back half of the season...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:34 am

Absolutely buzzing at the moment. Great win.

Would hate to be a selector this week. Will be someone unlucky boys unfortunately.

Bring on Sunday.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:40 pm

I'm not quite sure why so many people have mentioned Centrals being tired from their campaign. They played the same number of finals and the same number of minor round games as West.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:47 pm

Flag No.9 wrote:I'm not quite sure why so many people have mentioned Centrals being tired from their campaign. They played the same number of finals and the same number of minor round games as West.

But you had the first week of finals with a doubel chance, knowing that if you lost, there would be next week...

Central had a knock out game for 4 weeks, essentially...

Considering they just scrapped into the five, pretty good effort for them to finish where they did...

A fair bit of up-side for next year, as long as some obvious holes are fixed up, recruitment wise...

West have been very good this year, no doubt, and thoroughly deserve their spot in the Grand Final next week...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:31 pm

Big Phil wrote:
Flag No.9 wrote:I'm not quite sure why so many people have mentioned Centrals being tired from their campaign. They played the same number of finals and the same number of minor round games as West.

But you had the first week of finals with a doubel chance, knowing that if you lost, there would be next week...
Would that make us less tired?
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:51 pm

Flag No.9 wrote:
Big Phil wrote:

Would that make us less tired?
No, of course not...

The Dogs looked like they ran out of steam, Westies didn't...

Is that better?
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:20 pm

The week before, Central had a solid game against Port, but escaped without injury, whereas West had a tough game against the Eagles and lost 2 to severe concussions and one key player to injury.

I think West's ability to cover those losses is perhaps underestimated.

18 year old Jack Agostino was very composed until coming off after a clash with Milera (for which Milera was cited and reprimanded) and then suffering a quad injury. Mark Mickan was brave to select a 17 year old Jaydn Brind for his first game and was rewarded with a strong game and two goals. Riley Milne has only played a handful of league games this year, but was fantastic in defence, while less heralded Nick Homburg had a heap of the footy and kicked 3 goals.

That was a fair effort in adversity and to play the style of footy we played was testament to the team's character and ability.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3