blueandwhite
Big Phil
Paul
bayman
Brucetiki
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Preliminary Final: Port v South - Sunday 14 September @ Adelaide Oval Empty Preliminary Final: Port v South - Sunday 14 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:49 pm

Port v South

Sunday 14 September
Adelaide Oval

League: 2:40pm

Last Week
Port 12.7.79 lost to Norwood 13.14.92 @ Adelaide Oval
South 21.11.137 d Sturt 10.9.69 @ Adelaide Oval

Last Time They Met
South 10.11.71 d Port 8.6.54 @ Hickinbotham Oval

Last 5 Matches
Port LLWLL
South WWWWW

Port have stumbled into the Preliminary Final dropping 4 of their past 5, while South roar into the Preliminary Final winning their past 6 matches. Who will meet Norwood in the Grand Final...

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Preliminary Final: Port v South - Sunday 14 September @ Adelaide Oval Empty Re: Preliminary Final: Port v South - Sunday 14 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by bayman Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:19 pm

i hope & pray that South win but i think Port will be too powerful for them & win by
6 goals

does anyone think the result in Perth could mentally have an influence on some of the Port players either way ?
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Preliminary Final: Port v South - Sunday 14 September @ Adelaide Oval Empty Re: Preliminary Final: Port v South - Sunday 14 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by Paul Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:14 am

Port by a lot.
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:33 am

Go Panfers Smile
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:36 am

The Panthers are on a serious roll.
-6 wins on the trot.....at the same time Port have won only 1 of its last 5 games, one of those a loss to South at Noarlunga....South are playing with confidence and belief..playing for each other, the coach and the club. All players are in good form and are fit. South will win the rucks, have the grunt to win the inside ball and have the legspeed to cover the vast acreage at Adelaide Oval as well, and have the firepower up forward to kick a winning score.

South will win and win well- Then march into the grandfinal v Norwood where the two teams will meet in the Grand Final for the first time since 1899.

GO PANTHERS!
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:45 am

I think the Panthers will win this and win well.

I have never seen a South Adelaide outfit this focussed or determined.

I also think that the Power still being in the AFL finals will work against the Magpies, as the PAFC's focus will be on what is happening there and not with the Maggies.

Home and away is one thing, but in the heat of finals football it comes down to who really wants it, and I think the Magpies will come up short due to fact that winning the SANFL flag is no longer their primary purpose.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:21 pm

Based on form, I think South will win comfortably. South have been in some outstanding form of late, and most of those wins have been against solid opposition. Port, on the other hand, are somewhat in free fall, losing to just about anyone.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:34 pm

I'm with Gingernuts, Port's focus is solely on the AFL this week and they will reserve as many players as they need without a thought for the welfare of their SANFL side.

That said, Port finished where they did because they are a very good side. I think it will be a close one, South by two goals for mine.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:54 pm

If either of Newton or Aaron Young are missing I lean toward South, if not then maybe Port just. Should be an excellent match between the two most talented groups of players.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:19 pm

Here it is 4 days before either team gains the right to challenge Norwood for the Crown of SANFL football and it is as quiet as a mouse sneaking up on a baited trap.

There is very little reported in the morning paper today, p66, to get the fans enthused and excited, South getting five more lines than SPAM, Hocking tells of his problems getting back from Perth in time for the match, while South are trying to get another practice session on AO

We get a nice pic of the two coaches all smiles with the oval as the background and a whole article on SPAM Captain Steven Summerton.

Even both the clubs have been pretty quite about the lead up from what I have heard, maybe the local messenger has write ups in each clubs respective areas.

If the SANFL want this to be a success, then they had better start spending some $$$'s on promoting this match.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:36 pm

Agree Prowler.

Very poor reporting by the media.  All focus on poor old Port's issues with flying back to Adelaide Oval.  Who cares ???

Buddha and the 4 emergencies not there at the start ...the ball will still be bounced at 2.40 pm!!!

If we stick to our structures and game plans I feel we can do the job.

There would be no "god"if Port made the GF. Evil or Very Mad
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:56 pm

Southee
We have a choice if SA make the Grand Final
Music Fair at Salisbury or see SA the Grand Final 21/9/2014 ?
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:50 pm

Scrappy wrote:Southee

No choice mate Laughing

Panthers all the way in 2014 Smile
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:01 pm

Preliminary Final: South v Port

Sunday 14th at Adelaide Oval at 2:20pm!

Brent Macleod,       Sam Overall,`      Adam Gulden.

Caleb Daniel,          Brett Eddy,         Peter Rolfe.

Jake Veide,            Nick Liddle,         Matt Rose.

Nick Murphy,         Josh Thewlis,       Scott Taylor.

Frazer Dale,          Brad Crabb,        Tom Fields.

Ruck - Keegan Brooksby, Xavier Gotch, Joel Cross.

Interchange - Daniel Bass, Brede Seccull, Nathan Daniel.

Unchanged
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:32 am

Southee wrote:

No choice mate Laughing

If its a NW V SA Grand Final
Would you like a can of coke at the next music fair we attend as a bet ?
You can pick which team you want !
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:59 pm

I do hope the Panthers get up in this game but I favour the port team winning because of the lop sided AFL influence.
testy
testy

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:13 pm

Scrappy wrote:
Southee wrote:

No choice mate Laughing

If its a NW V SA Grand Final
Would you like a can of coke at the next music fair we attend as a bet ?
You can pick which team you want  !

Done deal ! Wink

Love to see us there in the GF mate .....
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:31 pm

Southee
Which team are you backing ?
South Adelaide or the potential 3peaters ?
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:50 pm

If South approach this with the same level of commitment and will to win they showed last week against Sturt, they will be very hard to beat. AFL players notwithstanding, if Port are distracted by things like getting back from Perth, they're gone. The SANFL finals need to be taken just as seriously as the AFL.
countrycousin
countrycousin

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:59 pm

they will be, they'll want to win both premierships & players on the cusp of the AFL team will do everything in their power (no pun intended) to convince the coach of a (remote) recall
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:39 am

Which team are you backing ?
South Adelaide or the potential 3peaters ?

Reckon we will beat the power reserves by 3 goals .
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:41 pm

Port belt South for a quarter and take the game away in 30 minutes of footy.

Norwood and Port face each other in another Grand Final.

Traditional rivals on the biggest stage.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:57 pm

Well that sucks....

Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:02 pm

South were very brave, but ultimately the Port fitness level was the main difference, players like Mitchell were still running full pace when his counterparts were tiring, usually when a team has two dominant ruckmen that team wins, today South had two dominant ruckmen but the Port runners as i said kept running for Port...........i don't agree this is a ''traditional rival'' contest (although the media circus will try to convince us) this is a different structure of Port than what it was
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:02 pm

Brave to the very end South. So hard to make it from the Elimination Final, probably should have finished with the double chance but for a mid season lull.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next