PhilH
UncleHuey
waddayamean
Cambridge Clarrie
EagleRock
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

First Semi Final: South v Adelaide - Sunday 11 September @ Adelaide Oval Empty First Semi Final: South v Adelaide - Sunday 11 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:32 pm

South v Adelaide
Sunday 12 September
Adelaide Oval
12:10pm

South were disappointing in a shock loss to Sturt in the Qualifying final, while there's been much controversy in Adelaide's demolition of Centrals in the Elimination Final.  South beat Adelaide at Noarlunga just 2 weeks ago.  Will they repeat that result on Sunday?

Last edited by Brucetiki on Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

First Semi Final: South v Adelaide - Sunday 11 September @ Adelaide Oval Empty Re: First Semi Final: South v Adelaide - Sunday 11 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by bayman Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:46 pm

A different Adelaide line up to two weeks ago, they'll unfortunately send South out of the finals race & march on, Adelaide by over 10 goals unless they just coast to limit the off field damage
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

First Semi Final: South v Adelaide - Sunday 11 September @ Adelaide Oval Empty Re: First Semi Final: South v Adelaide - Sunday 11 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by blueandwhite Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:26 pm

Im a glass half full kinda guy...
I thinkwe'll send the Cows crashing out of the finals race and restart our quest for the flag.20-30pts.
However our new found depth is being severely tested...

Tyson Brown - hamstring (season)
Ben Haren - shoulder (season)
Jake Veide - knee (season)
Ben Darrou - groin (season)
Pat Kerin - ankle (season)
Josh Giddings - hamstring (season)
Tarak Redigolo - knee (season)
Jordan Taylor - hamstring (season)
Peter Rolfe - knee (season)

6 of these guys would be in our best 22 if fit.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by EagleRock Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:27 pm

Which  six, blueandwhite ?
EagleRock
EagleRock

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:00 pm

i can get 4 of them, Rolfe, Veide, Haren & Redigolo
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Cambridge Clarrie Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:23 am

I can see South getting up in this one. They have the players, the game plan and more importantly they have the passion. What do the Crows have to play for? A small handful might have a small chance of making the AFL side... For all of the whinging about the Crows, Central looked pretty deplorable. The coach almost gave them an out with his comments prior to the game. Go Panthers!
Cambridge Clarrie
Cambridge Clarrie

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:14 pm

bayman wrote:i can get 4 of them, Rolfe, Veide, Haren & Redigolo

+ Brown and Giddings IMO.

blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:17 pm

Who would they replace, B & W?
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:22 pm

Lee wrote:Who would they replace, B & W?

good question once again..IMO...rankine ,Taylor,Durdin, Overall,Newell,and on last weeks game Gulden.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:57 pm

Cambridge Clarrie wrote:I can see South getting up in this one. They have the players, the game plan and more importantly they have the passion. What do the Crows have to play for? A small handful might have a small chance of making the AFL side... For all of the whinging about the Crows, Central looked pretty deplorable. The coach almost gave them an out with his comments prior to the game. Go Panthers!

and had Central won it would have been a coaching masterstroke.................

however i don't know the man personally but to me he seems to be a straight to the point person with no garbage, to me he said what he thought & i applaud him for that, it was interesting to see Brad Gotchs' take on it, he's all for it, they should be in the league etc etc......well well well all i can say is Roy Laird is a South Australian who grew up & later played & now coaches in the SANFL, Brad Gotch grew up with the VFL, played for the defunct Fitzroy, yes he came to Adelaide & played for the Port in the 1980's & has been in their (Vic) system basically since, as for his comments this week, well i'll say he's toeing the ''party line'' of being the Victorian & being pro AFL rather than the better good of Australian Rules Football, having said that i still think he's the best coach in the SANFL, although he couldn't find the right match up on Scott MacMahon in the last quarter on Sunday just gone
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:19 pm

waddayamean wrote:That is a ridiculous post Bayman.

each to their own, but do me a favour & please read it once more, you might understand a bit more as to what i mean
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:25 pm

Good post about Gotch and Laird, bayman.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:27 pm

blueandwhite wrote:

good question  once again..IMO...rankine ,Taylor,Durdin, Overall,Newell,and on last weeks game Gulden.

Big call on Rankine and Gulden.

Overall and Haren would be about equal?
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:58 pm

waddayamean wrote:
waddayamean wrote:That is a ridiculous post Bayman.

Brenton Sanderson was the instigator , a South Australian.

and Chapman too, but that was a few years ago i was strictly speaking on this weeks comments
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:00 pm

Lee wrote:
blueandwhite wrote:

good question  once again..IMO...rankine ,Taylor,Durdin, Overall,Newell,and on last weeks game Gulden.

Harens last 3 wks before injured were exceptional. As for Rankine and Gulden,.... I almost jumped the fence and belted the both of them last saturday. Evil or Very Mad
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:07 pm

re the Laird/Gotch issue..

I think given his time again Laird may have moderated his comments a little; I think it certainly had an effect on his playing group on Saturday.

I can assure you that Gotchy loves the sanfl and loves the tribalism of it. If you listen closely to the interview he also mentions that perhaps the situation may work better with a cap of 14-15 listed afl players,,,,he also said how disappointing it was that a club that regularly boasts about its 50k membership supports its sanfl side so poorly.

also the thoughts of the coach may not necessarily similar to those of the clubs management.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:37 pm

blueandwhite wrote:
Lee wrote:
blueandwhite wrote:

Harens last 3 wks before injured were exceptional. As for Rankine and Gulden,.... I almost jumped the fence and belted the both of them last saturday. Evil or Very Mad

Would of jumped over the fence with you !!! Evil or Very Mad
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:47 pm

South are a chance here, depends who Adelaide take out of the squad to cover their final. Be disappointing if they go out in straight sets.

I think Laird saw the writing on the wall with his comments. The Crows reserves would be at almost full strength and Centrals were going to struggle against that many AFL listed players. As it turned out.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:17 pm

waddayamean wrote:Thanks for posting Bayman but Lee ( R&B) keeps wanting to interject and stifle conversation. Being part of this conversation and being part of a board at West I assume his is nothing but a Muppet.
It is disappointing that for some weird reason people must stick together on forums. You can drag out you "thees and thous" Lee but you just can't involve yourself in a sensible conversation.

Thanks for that sensible conversation, W Very Happy
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:03 am

Adelaide really hit the ground running against Centrals, and the result was stitched up at half time. I wonder how much it will affect the reserves players if their main side loses on Saturday? The club's whole season comes to a screeching halt, and firing up the guys in the SANFL on Sunday morning would be a job I suspect their coach would rather not contemplate. Rolling Eyes
countrycousin
countrycousin

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next