Booney
Lee
Paul
Bundy
Flag No.10
UncleHuey
14 posters

Go down

1st Semi Final: Port v Centrals - Sunday 13 September @ Adelaide Oval Empty 1st Semi Final: Port v Centrals - Sunday 13 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:23 pm

Port - 2nd (13-5, 55.83%)
Centrals - 5th (9-8-1 51.59%)

2015 results:
Round 9: Port 13.7.85 d Centrals 11.11.77 @ Playford Alive Oval
Round 16: Port 12.7.79 d Centrals 9.8.62 @ Alberton Oval

Port faded out of their Qualifying Final against West, while Centrals stormed home against Norwood in their Elimination Final. Port are the last side to defeat Centrals, will they do it one more time to end their season, or will Centrals send Port out in straight sets.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

1st Semi Final: Port v Centrals - Sunday 13 September @ Adelaide Oval Empty Re: 1st Semi Final: Port v Centrals - Sunday 13 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by bayman Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:07 am

hoping Centrals but thinking Port may bounce back, all the pressure on Port though & Central can play with the same freedom they played with last week, Central need to make it a contest & give no space to Port, when West manned up yesterday it squeezed the life out of Port
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

1st Semi Final: Port v Centrals - Sunday 13 September @ Adelaide Oval Empty Re: 1st Semi Final: Port v Centrals - Sunday 13 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by UncleHuey Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:21 pm

Centrals are not without a chance in this. They have had a good run into the finals and seem to being playing their best footy in September. (How many times have we seen that over the last decade! Smile )

I think Port's greater depth may count unless their AFL players went mad Mondaying too hard.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:23 pm

Port to bounce back.

Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:27 pm

Yes, Port to bounce back from their disappointment at the Permit Tribunal.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:31 pm

Laughing

Sore winners, that's new.
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:00 pm

Booney, do you think Port will play Butcher, Amon and Young?

If so, will that make them a bit top heavy, unless they lose a big through injury?
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:31 pm

Go Dogs

Last edited by Thiele on Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:00 pm

Lee wrote:Booney, do you think Port will play Butcher, Amon and Young?

If so, will that make them a bit top heavy, unless they lose a big through injury?

Out: Mason Shaw (groin) - a big through injury.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Bundy Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:04 pm

The dogs for me.They will pressure the magpies err power err one team oh hell the opposition team until they crumble.
Bundy
Bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:29 am

Port by 17
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:30 am

Lee wrote:
Lee wrote:Booney, do you think Port will play Butcher, Amon and Young?

Out:  Mason Shaw (groin) - a big through injury.

He shouldn't be playing at SANFL level anyway.
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:08 am

Why? Not good enough or should be playing AFL?
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:21 am

Not good enough, nor are a few others who are played at SANFL level with the current set up.
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:53 pm

Booney wrote:Not good enough, nor are a few others who are played at SANFL level with the current set up.

Even with full time employment as a professional footballer ??

Hate to see them get delisted and play as a part time player for a real SANFL club. There would be no hope for them ! Shocked
Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:59 am

http://sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/3175/

Semi finals previews.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:48 pm

Congratulations Centrals. Well done!
countrycousin
countrycousin

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:02 pm

What an effort by this Centrals side. Scrape into the finals, scrap out a gutsy win in the Elimination Final then cling on for dear life in the First Semi Final and all of a sudden they've gone from 6th to a Preliminary Final in the blink of an eye.

Really proud of the Doggies effort today. When Port threw out their second half challenged, they dug in and kept on digging in, right down to the last rushed behind that ultimately won us the game.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:17 pm

straights sets Cool thankfully leaves 3 traditional clubs left & i must say the umpire was brave not to give a free in the dying seconds of the match, my opinion on it was it was one of those that sometimes gets paid & other times don't, too many Power reserve players were waiting for someone else to 'spark them off' in the first half & for the second week in a row Hocking was clearly beaten in the coaches box
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:29 pm

Frampton should have had a free with 30 seconds to go , to level the scores

Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:34 pm

Well done Centrals
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:52 am

Scrappy wrote:Frampton should have had a free with 30 seconds to go , to level the scores

Stephenson could have been given a free kick for Butcher holding on to him, as well, but that's the way it went...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:16 pm

Big Phil wrote:
Scrappy wrote:Frampton should have had a free with 30 seconds to go , to level the scores

Stephenson could have been given a free kick for Butcher holding on to him, as well, but that's the way it went...

exactly, if they paid every possible decision the game would take longer than a grid iron game, it would have been a soft decision to give & well done to the umpire for being brave & umpired the same as they had for the entire match by letting the game flow......Power reserves cost themselves more than any umpire, Mitchell fumbled continually, he also had a chance to stream forward to an open forward line & seemed to be in second gear, had a look & knew a player was behind him, obviously didn't pay the respect to him & paid the penalty when Habel mowed him down, that was the moment that Central were going to WIN
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:50 pm

Big Phil wrote:

Its the ones that are not paid in the last minute of a game that hurt the most
Framptons was a decision that would prob have been paid in the first quarter  , but not late in the game
To me a free is a free , no matter the time of the match

Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down