2nd Semi Final: Norwood v Eagles - Sunday 9 September @ Adelaide Oval

5 posters

Go down

2nd Semi Final: Norwood v Eagles - Sunday 9 September @ Adelaide Oval Empty 2nd Semi Final: Norwood v Eagles - Sunday 9 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:23 pm

Norwood v Eagles
Sunday 9 September
Adelaide Oval

League: 3:15pm

Norwood head into this 2nd semi final coming off a loss, while the Eagles had a great win over Sturt. Who will go through to the Grand Final?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

2nd Semi Final: Norwood v Eagles - Sunday 9 September @ Adelaide Oval Empty Re: 2nd Semi Final: Norwood v Eagles - Sunday 9 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by bayman Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:30 pm

Norwood by plenty
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

2nd Semi Final: Norwood v Eagles - Sunday 9 September @ Adelaide Oval Empty Re: 2nd Semi Final: Norwood v Eagles - Sunday 9 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by Scrunch Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:31 pm

Tough one, two different styles. Norwood been lethal with their high scoring brand of footy during the season, but the Eagles played a strong shutdown style against Sturt. More often than not it’s defence rather than attack that wins flags.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:04 pm

EAGLES

Woodville-West Torrens coach Michael Godden has brought in two possible replacements for injured ruckman Marc Borholm ahead of the Second Semi-Final against Norwood.

Former Central and Glenelg bigman Seb Guilhaus has overcome his back ailment to be named alongside forgotten Jordan West – who has only played one Macca’s League game for the year.

The giant pair have been joined by goalsneak Jake Johansen on the five-man extended interchange bench, with two players to be trimmed before the bounce.

Johansen has recovered from the minor calf ailment which sidelined him last Sunday.

Borholm will miss the rest of the season with a fractured foot, suffered in the dying minutes of the Qualifying Final win against Sturt.

F: Gray, N. Hayes, Lukosius

HF: Boyd, J. Hayes, Petrenko

C: Hall, Sinor, Lewis

HB: Goldsworthy, Thompson, Rowland

B: Giuffreda, Von Bertouch, Stewart

R: Redden, Sharrad, Poole

INT: Haylock, Johansen, West, Guilhaus, Firns

IN: Johansen, Guilhaus, West
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:34 pm

Eagles impressed last week in shutting down Sturt's run to grind out a win. Sturt looked fumbley and turned the ball over more then usual, whether due to eagles pressure or a bad day I'm not sure. Can't see Norwood doing the same so the opportunities to capitalise on turnovers will be less.

Norwood looks a bit strong for the Eagles so I'm picking the legs by 15 points.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:40 pm

I'm not sure what to make of the Eagles picked line up.
Gods has been changing positions around .
I like Firns saw his tackle on the Sturt player Battersby ( spelling could be wrong ).
Eagles have been working on and using a more shut down game .
So hope the Eagles can shut down Norwoods midfield as they did to Sturt.
And I hope the Eagles will pick up free Norwood players
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:57 pm

The Eagles had their chances, the loss of a rotation was a cruel blow but credit to Norwood for being more ruthless for longer periods of the match, obviously Wilson was the game breaker & I’d suggest this was the worst match I’ve seen Boyd play in
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum