2nd Semi Final: Eagles v Port - Sunday 10 September @ Adelaide Oval

+3
mickyj
Scrappy
Brucetiki
7 posters

Go down

2nd Semi Final: Eagles v Port - Sunday 10 September @ Adelaide Oval Empty 2nd Semi Final: Eagles v Port - Sunday 10 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:09 pm

Eagles v Port
Sunday 10 September
Adelaide Oval

3:10pm

The Eagles have limped to a minor premiership, winning 1 of their past 5 games (and they came from 8 goals down for that solitary win), while Port held off a fast finishing Sturt in the Qualifying Final. The AFL EF the night before could have an impact on the game. With that in mind, who will book their ticket to the GF on Sunday?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

2nd Semi Final: Eagles v Port - Sunday 10 September @ Adelaide Oval Empty Re: 2nd Semi Final: Eagles v Port - Sunday 10 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by bayman Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:18 pm

regardless of the game the night before,  the Power reserves should win comfortably, somewhere between 4 & 5 goals...i'll add i think the Eagles are the only team capable of beating the Power reserves
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

2nd Semi Final: Eagles v Port - Sunday 10 September @ Adelaide Oval Empty Re: 2nd Semi Final: Eagles v Port - Sunday 10 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:17 pm

Coming onto the finals, The Eagles probably had the worst form of the 5 sides. Not great time to have injury / form wobbles.

This could be the Power Res straight into a GF.

However, the big "if" will be if AFL Port get rolled Saturday night, how much incentive to play will SANFL Port have to play on Sunday? I always wonder about that these days.

With so many regular first stringers in the sanfl side (Broadbent, Impey, Trengrove, Young et al), will the lure of Mad Monday and end of season ops take precedence?
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:22 pm

As a follow on to this, I think all Eagles, Centrals and Sturt supporters will become West Coast barrackers on Saturday night.

Putting the Power out renders about 5 or 6 of their prime movers who played against Sturt last week ineligible. So the WWT Eagles may get a windfall out of that on Sunday as Power Reserves Reserves come up into the sanfl league side.

I read that Cornes will be pulling a number of them from playing against Sturt Reserves on Saturday just in case this scenario eventuates. He's not happy about that, but concedes the rules are the rules and they will work within them. That could be first! Very Happy
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:00 pm

It does become a bit ludicrous when the availability of a third of your team depends upon the results of another team playing in a different competition.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:19 pm

UncleHuey wrote:It does become a bit ludicrous when the availability of a third of your team depends upon the results of another team playing in a different competition.

Just another reason why the franchises shouldn't be in the sanfl
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:28 pm

UncleHuey wrote:It does become a bit ludicrous when the availability of a third of your team depends upon the results of another team playing in a different competition.

Not only disruptive for PA, but disruptive for WWT as well waiting until the night b4 to formulate game plans

Because of the terms and conditions, at various times, some PA players can not be selected
Its a let down for any PA players that miss out on the opPORTunity of playing
In these cases , forgotten is the most imPORTant factor, the PA players who wanna play football
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:16 pm

LEAGUE TEAM
IN – BORHOLM, HAYLOCK, STEWART
OUT – HEINJUS

2nd Semi Final: Eagles v Port - Sunday 10 September @ Adelaide Oval 2nd-Semi-Final-League-Team-Lineup-1024x852
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:48 pm

If the Power win I am picking the reserves to beat the eagles by 5 goals.

If the Power lose then I think the Eagles will win.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:25 pm

The Eagles seem to be in some rut at the moment.
What has happened?

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:05 pm

Disappointing effort from the Eagles, never really looked likely to win. Based on the form shown by Sturt the eagles will go out in straight sets and it will be a flashback to the 1960's with a Port-Sturt Final.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:35 pm

Eagles still seem to have the same old problem of not being able to score against the better teams.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:57 pm

allover in 15 minutes, Power reserves were down two men early & still coasted for the last three quarters, while scoring was basically even after the first break i felt the Power reserves were in cruise control only only did what they had to do
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down