UncleHuey
Cambridge Clarrie
zipzap
waddayamean
Brucetiki
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Second Semi Final: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 11 September @ Adelaide Oval Empty Second Semi Final: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 11 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:35 pm

Eagles v Sturt
Sunday 12 September
Adelaide Oval
3:10pm

While the Eagles dominated the minor round, they were embarrassed by Norwood in the final round, while Sturt upset South in the Qualifying Final.  If anyone said this would be the 2nd Semi Final match up when the two sides played in round 1, most would've said, 'Eagles against who?'  Will the Eagles take the direct path to the Grand Final, or will Sturt reach their first Grand Final since 2009?

Last edited by Brucetiki on Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Second Semi Final: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 11 September @ Adelaide Oval Empty Re: Second Semi Final: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 11 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by bayman Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:49 pm

Eagles comfortably, I can't see the Sturt defence holding the Eagles forward line all day, they'll get off the leash at some stage & win by about 5 goals
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Second Semi Final: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 11 September @ Adelaide Oval Empty Re: Second Semi Final: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 11 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by mickyj Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:27 am

go you eagles
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:10 am

Got to say re the Eagles being embarrassed by Norwood a nothing game . Sturt drew their last minor round game after being in front . Didn't affect their finals game they won .
Just a thought
And Macgregor could be a starter for the Eagles bit more fire power up forward
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:11 pm

sorry guys the date is wrong sunday is the 11th
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:38 pm

mickyj wrote:sorry guys the date is wrong sunday is the 11th

That's the last time I use my fingers to work out the date Very Happy

All fixed now

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:17 pm

Brucetiki wrote:
mickyj wrote:sorry guys the date is wrong sunday is the 11th

That's the last time I use my fingers to work out the date Very Happy

All fixed now

I didn't notice it to start off either lol
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by zipzap Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:34 am

Would have said Eagles comfortably but I thought the same about South last week. The Sturt that turned up that day can beat any team in the comp...
zipzap
zipzap

Back to top Go down

Post by Cambridge Clarrie Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:25 am

zipzap wrote:Would have said Eagles comfortably but I thought the same about South last week. The Sturt that turned up that day can beat any team in the comp...

Good call Zip-Zap. We'll have our best team on the park again this weekend. If they come with the right mindset, we'll be a good chance.
Cambridge Clarrie
Cambridge Clarrie

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:54 pm

Eagles in a close one, missing Boyd will hurt a bit against the Sturt midfield but I can't see the Double Blues holding all the Eagles forward options quiet all day.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:46 pm

Woodville-West Torrens forward Lachlan McGregor has made a successful recovery to be named for Sunday’s Second Semi-Final against Sturt at Adelaide Oval.
The livewire goalsneak broke his arm against Glenelg in Round 21 but has proven his fitness to be named in the Eagles’ 23-man squad.
Listed on the five-man extended interchange bench, McGregor will provide his side with some much-needed scoring punch after managing just six goals against Norwood in Round 22.
Versatile youngster Jack Hayes has also been named on the pine, Eagles coach Michael Godden liking the former McDonald’s SA Under-18 utility’s flexibility to play in multiple roles.
Godden has resisted the temptation to play star midfielder James Boyd, who suffered a broken collarbone in the same match against the Tigers.
Boyd is more likely to play in the SANFL Grand Final should the Eagles qualify.

F: O’Brien, Redden, N. Hayes
HF: Gaffney, Ainger, Rowland
C: Goldsworthy, Poole, Hall
HB: Jarrad, Von Bertouch, Allmond
B: P. Raymond, Thompson, Giuffreda

R: Borholm, Petrenko, Rowntree
INT: Wundke, McGregor, Press, Lewis, J. Hayes
IN: McGregor, J. Hayes

Last edited by mickyj on Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:03 pm

Broken arms heal in 3 weeks now? Divine intervention perhaps. Second Semi Final: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 11 September @ Adelaide Oval 3349184707

I think it is at Adelaide Oval on Sunday September 11 at 3:10pm according to SANFL.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:12 pm

Second Semi Final: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 11 September @ Adelaide Oval 2016_h10
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:38 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:Broken arms heal in 3 weeks now? Divine intervention perhaps. Second Semi Final: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 11 September @ Adelaide Oval 3349184707

I think it is at Adelaide Oval on Sunday September 11 at 3:10pm according to SANFL.

Fixed that . It was the seconds team for Saturday I was in two minds didn't need it here
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:58 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:Broken arms heal in 3 weeks now? Divine intervention perhaps. Second Semi Final: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 11 September @ Adelaide Oval 3349184707

he's been to Lourdes & back
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:47 pm

Ah yes, the old holy water out of the rock trick.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:07 am

I make no predictions about this game. We'll give it our best shot and see if we're far enough advanced to make it to a grand final.
countrycousin
countrycousin

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:30 am

countrycousin wrote:I make no predictions about this game. We'll give it our best shot and see if we're far enough advanced to make it to a grand final.

Actually not attacking country cousin
But same for the Eagles
Last year they won through to finals and lost so many to injury from the midfield
Hopefully not again tomorrow
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:12 am

Second Semi Final: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 11 September @ Adelaide Oval Lifefm14
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:16 am

Will the Eagles win by 39 points against Sturt for the third time this year?

Thanks to PhilH for the stats above
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by killer Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:38 pm

5th goal to the WWT in the 1st Q
not looking good for Sturt
killer
killer

Back to top Go down

Post by killer Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:43 pm

Sturt come up 24 points short
killer
killer

Back to top Go down

Post by southern bulldog Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:47 pm

Good Luck Sturt your gonna need it against 20 AFL players
southern bulldog
southern bulldog

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:27 pm

Well done Eagles
Sturt almost but not quite
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next