PhilH
UncleHuey
waddayamean
Cambridge Clarrie
EagleRock
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

First Semi Final: South v Adelaide - Sunday 11 September @ Adelaide Oval - Page 2 Empty Re: First Semi Final: South v Adelaide - Sunday 11 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by goddy11 Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:55 am

These players are [laying for careers not a club. There will be recruiters there so don't expect any relaxation of effort. some will be playing for themselves so team football will go out the window. I recall Fergus Watts booting 10 goals for WWT a few years back and moving to St Kilda. I hope South will come through and win. Their players play for the jumper.
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

First Semi Final: South v Adelaide - Sunday 11 September @ Adelaide Oval - Page 2 Empty Re: First Semi Final: South v Adelaide - Sunday 11 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by PhilH Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:59 am

First Semi Final: South v Adelaide - Sunday 11 September @ Adelaide Oval - Page 2 Lifefm13
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:06 pm

I'm watching in a big group of Crows supporters. I doubt any of them have been to a regular season game.

25 metre penalty given -" Don't they have 50 metre penalties?".

"This Beech moves well, wonder where he comes from?"

Not a good game to watch -professionals v amateurs.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hatchet Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:26 pm

poor crowd and atmosphere again here, this should be a worry for the league but doubt it will cause concern
The Hatchet
The Hatchet

Back to top Go down

Post by killer Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:08 pm

the score looks pretty horrible
killer
killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:08 pm

Sad game to watch.

South supporters have been through a lot, but this must be a big blow to them.

Almost impossible task today against 21 listed players.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by southern bulldog Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:16 pm

No one is going to beat them whilst they have a full list the wanker commentators are saying how well managed the Crows are with injuries so they should be with the advantages of doctors,physios,dieticians etc etc.This is the most boring finals series in a long time.

southern bulldog
southern bulldog

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:16 pm

Part of the job description of being a South supporter is..

"Become used to having your heart ripped out, thrown on the ground and stomped on."

so, sadly in some ways, we are immune to it..

but today , it was done so professionally... despite the professionalism- it was more painful than usual.

Joel Cross felled 30m off the ball in the 2nd quarter by Menzel...no free kick,I'm assuming there would be a report, but you never know.

Last edited by blueandwhite on Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:28 pm

The worry is, B&W, that it wouldn't have mattered who Adelaide played today, the result would bave been the same.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:44 pm

Lee wrote:The worry is, B&W, that it wouldn't have mattered who Adelaide played today, the result would bave been the same.

I agree, sadly..the 2 teams playing in the late game today are playing for 2nd place..

RIP SANFL.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:43 pm

Deep into the first quarter
SA 4-1
AC 1-0

CYE out of the match
South went into attack about 3 times but could not score
2 turnovers
2 quick goals to AC

1/4 TIME
SA 4-1
AC 4-0

By 1/4 time
I wonder what the SA players were thinking
SA had played mostly the better football , put in an acceptable overall effort but only led by the smallest of margins
Not enough reward for effort

Have to give  AC credit where it is due
CYE out of the game
AC conceding a 19 point start
Won by 54 points
They did this with a skill level , that was above any of the 4 teams I saw play today at Adelaide Oval
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:12 pm

a men playing boys type of match again, they may've lost one but unless 4 or 5 more drop out it'll be clear sailing for Adelaide to notch up a premiership, barring Central & South the other 6 clubs have only themselves to blame, the ABC radio on the way home said there will probably be a limit from next season on how many listed players can play every week, but to me having a team way too strong (because of its conditions) & handicapping them with limits to make them too weak or about on par is equally wrong, no Port or Adelaide wont win every year however when they have a full compliment of players to choose from they will win almost every time & in fact i've said it before how Norwood beat the Power reserves with 20 listed players & Steven Summerton in a grand final is completely beyond me.........South have had to endure this twice when they've looked to have a decent chance & it will happen over & over again when they have a full compliment of players to choose from......................the AFL told me in an email a few years ago (it will be on this site in the archives) that it costs too much money to run an actual reserves competition yet about 3 years later they put money into a womens' comp, there is nothing wrong with that but they should have football on all levels firing first
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:50 pm

Lee wrote:Sad game to watch.

Been through alot Lee as a South supporter.  

Seen my relatives buried with South scarfs and hats over their coffins. (Grandfather, uncle and mother)

Sadly, I walked out the game today thinking I'm not sure I can deal with this much more ...... Sad

This has really shattered me to the core .....

To be laughed by a few Crows supporters at the Adelaide train station tonight on the Seaford line with the comment "see you next year" .... Was the icing on the cake of a crap day.
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:09 pm

Southee wrote:

Seen my relatives buried with South scarfs and hats over their coffins. (Grandfather, uncle and mother)

Sadly, I walked out the game today thinking I'm  not sure I can deal with this much more ...... Sad

To be laughed by a few Crows supporters at the Adelaide train station tonight on the Seaford line with the comment "see you next year" .... Was the icing on the cake of a crap day.
Provided you keep most of your players, I believe you should hang in there...premiership droughts generally are proceeded by clubs being a regular finals participant before hand - eg. Westies, yes, 2014 was a blip, but were in there for 2012-13; Centrals had a blip in 1999, but were in there from 1992-1998; Sturt, again a blip in 2001, but were in there 1997-2001. There had to be something building there; I trust it's the same here.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:38 pm

Different landscape back then spelly
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:39 pm

bayman wrote:Different landscape back then spelly

True Crying or Very sad I still think it's around the corner however.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:12 pm

Southee wrote:

Sadly, I walked out the game today thinking I'm  not sure I can deal with this much more ...... Sad

I feel your pain, mate.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:44 pm

Lee wrote:The worry is, B&W, that it wouldn't have mattered who Adelaide played today, the result would bave been the same.
You're quite right of course. It's our turn next week, and from what I've seen of the way the Crows have demolished Central and South, we've got Buckley's chance against them. I'll be there of course, but I'm nearly at the end of the road, and I wonder whether young people will continue to support the true clubs in the future. Poor crowds the last 2 weeks. 8000 odd last week and barely 9000 today. Either the SANFL cares about the current 8 teams, or they're happy to just provide practice games for the AFL franchises. Time to bite the bullet IMO.
countrycousin
countrycousin

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:28 pm

They were one minor round win away from doing it last year; Westies fans must feel grateful they didn't make it then.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by StrayDog Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:20 am

Southee wrote:

You might be hard to spot among the thousands they bring to the games every week.   Very Happy

Seriously though, any Crows supporter that got enough satisfaction out of that mis-match to rub it into someone's face has got a freaking screw loose.

Last edited by StrayDog on Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:41 am; edited 2 times in total
StrayDog

My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by StrayDog Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:32 am

spell_check wrote:They were one minor round win away from doing it last year; Westies fans must feel grateful they didn't make it then.
Yep.

Apologists will remind us that they finished seventh last year thus hardly a 'threat' - but one straight kick at Woodville late in the season would have seen them in the finals after having outscored opponents by an average of 2:1 in the last third of the season.
StrayDog

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:18 am

When it is convenient for them to play, they play.
When it is convenient for them to experiment, they experiment.

When the head coach walks out of a game half way through (as Younie did some weeks ago), it is time for the experiment to end.

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:43 am

I was extremely conflicted watching this game. My brother played for South and I spend 5 or 6 years going along to Panthers games - while I'd never claim to be a die hard South fan I have witnessed their dedication so I can only imagine how hard it would've been to witness that.

At the same time Adelaide came into being when I was 10 and I've supported them my entire life, and I have thoroughly enjoyed their efforts this SANFL finals series with some very talented youngsters showing some of their potential around at the moment.

I'm still not sure how I feel about the result TBH.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:45 pm

StrayDog wrote:
Southee wrote:

You might be hard to spot among the thousands they bring to the games every week.   Very Happy

Seriously though, any Crows supporter that got enough satisfaction out of that mis-match to rub it into someone's face has got a freaking screw loose.

Agreed. Most Crows supporters should be focusing on the semi final against Sydney next week rather than gloating about sending South out of the SANFL finals in straight sets (even more so given the notoriously low number of Crows supporters that turn up to SANFL games).

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Brucetiki wrote:
StrayDog wrote:
Southee wrote:

Agreed.  Most Crows supporters should be focusing on the semi final against Sydney next week rather than gloating about sending South out of the SANFL finals in straight sets (even more so given the notoriously low number of Crows supporters that turn up to SANFL games).

Absolutely.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next