rocket_rooster
UncleHuey
Scrunch
blueandwhite
Brucetiki
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Preliminary Final: Sturt v Adelaide - Sunday 18 September @ Adelaide Oval Empty Preliminary Final: Sturt v Adelaide - Sunday 18 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:57 pm

Sturt v Adelaide
Sunday 18 September
Adelaide Oval
2:10pm

Sturt were gallant in their loss to the Eagles, while Adelaide overcame an early 4 goal lead to smash South by 9 goals. Will Sturt stop the Crows hot form, or will Adelaide burn Sturt as well.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Preliminary Final: Sturt v Adelaide - Sunday 18 September @ Adelaide Oval Empty Re: Preliminary Final: Sturt v Adelaide - Sunday 18 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by bayman Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:47 pm

Like the last couple of weeks if Adelaide have basically a full compliment of players they'll win comfortably, we'll all have to wait & see the named teams.......

For those going early on Sunday & from the southern suburbs please remember that the city-bay run is on
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Preliminary Final: Sturt v Adelaide - Sunday 18 September @ Adelaide Oval Empty Re: Preliminary Final: Sturt v Adelaide - Sunday 18 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by bayman Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:52 pm

Any idea what time the under 18's grand final starts?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:26 am

bayman wrote:Any idea what time the under 18's grand final starts?

I'd dare say around 11:10-ish

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:34 am

I have a lot of time for Sturt. I kee reading that the AFC will easily win this but I think Sturt will win by 3-4 goals, Centrals and their coach lost focus in match 1 with all the weeks happenings. South were just plain awful last week and the week before. It was not the way they have played all year, Some players got ahead of themselves against Sturt and could not lift to their norm against the Crows.They are better than that. Sturt have a good coach who get a plan together that will stop the Crows.
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:48 am

Well, we very poor against Sturt 2 weeks ago, our effort v the Crows was much better- but we were smashed.
Im tipping the Crows to win by 9 goals plus v Sturt unless its wet.
Sadly Sturt and the Eagles are playing for second spot if the Crows turn up with the lineup they had last Sunday.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:57 am

I give Sturt a chance this week. I thought they were alright last week, just gave an opponent a start, and didn't apply enough scoreboard pressure themselves. If they can hit the scoreboard more often I think they can challenge both remaining clubs.

Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:43 pm

Adelaide in a canter. I suspect it will be similar to last weeks match against South.
Sturt will be competitive for a half and then get steamrolled.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:24 pm

COME ON STURT
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:07 pm

Brucetiki wrote:
bayman wrote:Any idea what time the under 18's grand final starts?

I'd dare say around 11:10-ish

not bad & thanks, i found out today it is a 10.55am start

go the Tigers!

Ian (younger brother) of Milera & Liam Mackie are players i've seen enough of to know that they ''can play'' Liam takes the game on, have seen Liam playing for both Glenelg & Plympton & Ian bobs up in the right place at the right time more often than not, Jackson Edwards (son of) is one i haven't seen much of but has a good reputation
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:12 pm

Just a thought on the game being played on Sunday. Why is not it being played
on Saturday afternoon as no ALF on in that time period. It would give the winner a day extra to recover or is it to appease the Crows playing away. I don't think the crowd would be much different.
goddy11
goddy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:02 pm

7 goals doesn't even get Beech a spot on the 3-man emergency list. Did they really draft him to play AFL?
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:57 pm

Flag No.10 wrote:7 goals doesn't even get Beech a spot on the 3-man emergency list. Did they really draft him to play AFL?

Lack of injuries all year has ruined his chance of an afl call up
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:14 pm

bayman wrote:
Flag No.10 wrote:7 goals doesn't even get Beech a spot on the 3-man emergency list. Did they really draft him to play AFL?

Lack of injuries all year has ruined his chance of an afl call up

He has had a good season and has been named as an emergency for the AFL side a few times.

Bayman is right. If the AFL side had had a "normal" run of injuries, Beech would have made his AFL debut.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:34 am

Why does it require injuries for him to get a spot? Can't form (like 7 goals) get you a game?
Flag No.10

Back to top Go down

Post by robranisgod Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:42 am

Flag No.10 wrote:Why does it require injuries for him to get a spot? Can't form (like 7 goals) get you a game?

I am no fan of the Crows, but am a fan of good footballers, of which Beech is one. But he can hardly oust forwards of the ilk of Walker, Lynch, Betts and Jenkins. Whose place would he take? Thus he has to wait for injuries.
robranisgod
robranisgod

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:15 am

Mitch McGovern?
Flag No.10

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:23 am

Flag No.10 wrote:Mitch McGovern?

What! he's kicked 30 goals this season. Maybe R Douglas.
goddy11
goddy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:39 am

Yeah, I better decamp from this thread, my lack of knowledge about the Crows is getting me into trouble.
Flag No.10

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:16 pm

If the mail is right it is good news for Sturt, that is Henderson unlikely to play (injured)
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by southern bulldog Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:51 pm

Huge bonus for Sturt no Seedsman,Henderson or Ellis-Yolmen
southern bulldog
southern bulldog

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:52 pm

I now think Sturt can & will win, the $4.20 is too tempting not to take, have taken the line too
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:37 am

After last night's result, will there be a decreased level of interest from Adelaide's players and supporters (if that's possible)?
Flag No.10

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:21 am

Flag No.10 wrote:After last night's result, will there be a decreased level of interest from Adelaide's players and supporters (if that's possible)?

I'm wondering for Adelaide who can not play today as the AFLs season has now ended
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by killer Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:15 pm

7 minutes in and Sturt on 1 point
killer
killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next