Lee
PhilH
Scrunch
Southee
Brucetiki
25 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Preliminary Final: Eagles v North - Sunday 16 September @ Adelaide Oval - Page 7 Empty Re: Preliminary Final: Eagles v North - Sunday 16 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by goddy11 Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:35 pm

To top everything thing off Louis Sharrad has been offered a 2 match suspension.
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Preliminary Final: Eagles v North - Sunday 16 September @ Adelaide Oval - Page 7 Empty Re: Preliminary Final: Eagles v North - Sunday 16 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by Scrappy Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:54 pm

Taking 4 points off NA in 2019 is also unfair ?
The crime should be pertaining to this season only ?

Great effort by NA to be 47 behind and win
Great effort by EG to kick 3 late late goals and almost get up
Great game
Great shame
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:12 pm

goddy11 wrote:To top everything thing off Louis Sharrad has been offered a 2 match suspension.

Was always going to be in trouble
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:14 pm

Lee wrote:His plan seemed to work for nearly 3 quarters pretty well.

Perhaps the Eagles players thought it was all over and eased off too early, lost momentum, then couldn't get it back for various reasons.

Could be
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:19 pm

Hey Mickey a certain poster has mentioned the EG have not killed off some games this year
Was this a factor last Sunday ?
Was he right ?
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:39 pm

Scrappy wrote:Hey Mickey a certain poster has mentioned the EG have not killed off some games this year
Was this a factor last Sunday ?
Was he right ?

For a few games this year the killing off turned into how can I say this .
A form of defence that squeezed the life out of the other side.
Good example South at norlunga . Eagles stopped South from running away with the game halted South and themselves scoring .
Totally killing off a side didn't happen much perhaps the game against the onfield cheaters at prospect was an example of the Eagles killing off a team in the first term.
Killing off didn't appear in the game plan
Winning was the goal
Certain games made zero difference if the Eagles won or lost . The Game I'm thinking of invovled North if they'd won the Eagles had to win to guarantee third spot North lost so Eagle's didn't need to win .

Personally Eagles need to change
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:45 pm

Last quarter about 20 seconds into the quarter
This is what C7 commentator John Casey had to say
" Loose ball, Eagles with numbers now." Exclamation
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by mickyj Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:58 pm

Scrappy wrote:Last quarter about 20 seconds into the quarter
This is what C7 commentator John Casey had to say
" Loose ball, Eagles with numbers now." Exclamation

I was there so didn't hear it
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Scrappy Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:04 pm

Tram boy wrote:What do you mean Scrappy ?

The irony is he said Eagles with numbers at a contest just after the centre bounce in the last quarter
But it was NA with numbers , 19 in fact
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:10 pm

Tram boy wrote:Godden whinging about fans losing faith in the SANFL. ??? Surely just that one incident people dont lose faith in the SANFL. I think he needs to explain why they are losing interest as it has nothing to do with this decision. Why hasn't he said this previously as he is probably right. However nothing to with 1 decision. Sounds like he may be on his way if he is speaking out .

A lot of fans lost faith in the sanfl when it allowed & wanted their clubs to vote the afl franchises in & I am one of them

As for the killing off, The Preliminary final is not one of them, I had always believed that the second semi final was a physical bruising encounter & expected them to tire
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmTheWarrior Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:47 pm

There’s no 2 games that the points come from- North just start the year on minus 4 points. All % during the year stands for them and their opponents.

Just on the penalty- I’ve been thinking about it and I can accept his point that he couldn’t prove that the extra man had enough impact for him to overturn the result. However, that being the case maybe he should have suspended North from next week’s game. Eags don’t go through because they didn’t win but North doesn’t benefit from breaking the rules. Norwood gets the premiership because they are the only ones there next week. Next season is a clean slate for everyone, including the 4th umpire and interchange stewards who are all enjoying their Saturday afternoon shifts at their local otr.
IAmTheWarrior
IAmTheWarrior

Teams : Woodville (now WWT), Crows, Strathfieldsaye Storm and Sunshine Kangaroos

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:07 am

IAmTheWarrior wrote:There’s no 2 games that the points come from- North just start the year on minus 4 points. All % during the year stands for them and their opponents.

Just on the penalty- I’ve been thinking about it and I can accept his point that he couldn’t prove that the extra man had enough impact for him to overturn the result. However, that being the case maybe he should have suspended North from next week’s game. Eags don’t go through because they didn’t win but North doesn’t benefit from breaking the rules.  Norwood gets the premiership because they are the only ones there next week.  Next season is a clean slate for everyone, including the 4th umpire and interchange stewards who are all enjoying their Saturday afternoon shifts at their local otr.

I may not always agree with everyone but your post is great and I agree .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:01 am

Would this penalty be appropriate if the same thing happens this week in the Grand Final?
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:33 am

Flag No.10 wrote:Would this penalty be appropriate if the same thing happens this week in the Grand Final?

I bet the Norwood captain will be watching .
And I hope the Norwood faithful scream out the entire game either 19 men or Cheats all day .

Seriously allegedly the fourth umpire was told I hope he is never allowed to umpire again if he was told and did nothing
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:40 pm

The next time I get picked up for sneaking over the speed limit & get busted doing 65 in a 60 zone, I’m going to point out this precedence that North didn’t mean to do it so was allowed to keep the match, so because I didn’t mean to sneak over the speed limit I should be exonerated
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:16 pm

Maybe in legal circles it will become known as "the Roosters Defence"!
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7