Lee
PhilH
Scrunch
Southee
Brucetiki
25 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Preliminary Final: Eagles v North - Sunday 16 September @ Adelaide Oval - Page 2 Empty Re: Preliminary Final: Eagles v North - Sunday 16 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by bayman Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:36 pm

mickyj wrote:
UncleHuey wrote:North for me, they have rediscovered their running game and look a balanced side.

Eagles seem to get the wobbles in September. Another finals loss might lead to some questioning. They have been a dominant side for many years but can't seem to turn that into premierships

I was early a few finals back this is the hoodoo final.
I don't know who actually come in Jake more than likely .
Or will Godds go one ruckman bring Jake ,Rowe or Moore.

I’m not allowed to post the incoming player or I would tell you
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Preliminary Final: Eagles v North - Sunday 16 September @ Adelaide Oval - Page 2 Empty Re: Preliminary Final: Eagles v North - Sunday 16 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by bayman Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:46 pm

UBET odds are up

Eagles $1.70

North $2.12

I think North will be the fresher of the two from last week & will over run the Eagles in the last term
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:49 pm

bayman wrote:
mickyj wrote:
UncleHuey wrote:North for me, they have rediscovered their running game and look a balanced side.

Eagles seem to get the wobbles in September. Another finals loss might lead to some questioning. They have been a dominant side for many years but can't seem to turn that into premierships

I’m not allowed to post the incoming player or I would tell you

I'll enjoy the surprise.
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:01 pm

The word “you” can be singular or plural, in this case it was obviously plural
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:17 pm

bayman wrote:The word “you” can be singular or plural, in this case it was obviously plural

So I could be right going small
Whatever the answer is its the Eagles hoodoo final
We will see what unfolds
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:39 pm

Lee wrote: Bayman, didn't Josh Scott get off a 3 week suspension on appeal in an incident where Jono Beech was concussed and took no further part in the game?

I’ll add to my initial reply, what Scott did was to bump him a bit late & as I said & free kick down field was warranted & nothing more in my opinion

When players king hit other players then the book should be thrown at them, the two perfect examples of this was Gowans on Schubert & the other Grocke on Symes those incidents are the ones quite rightly should be dealt with severely but not a late bump that should be dealt with on field by the umpires
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:37 pm

I'm hoping the Eagles get over the line in this one. (those that know me will find it difficult to believe I said that) .They are overdue for some finals success, well overdue ,theyve recently made a habit of quick exits in finals, but this year maybe different.
They will have to overcome the Roosters however to meet Norwood in the GF. North have adopted a fierce ,unsociable type of game which translates to a particularly fierce attack by their players and sometimes officials it has to be said,on the opposition when they have the ball...or havent got the ball also.
Hopefully the Eagles have the personel to deal with this and will get another crack at Norwood next week.
Another issue....its time to introduce the 50m penalty!.. too many teams are deliberately giving away 25m in their defensive zone to slow the game down so they can get 18 players in front of the ball, make it 50m and they'll cut it out and stop the congestion. Norwood are Masters at it and North are learning quick..
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:54 am

Tough one to call. I'll tip the Eagles by 8 points, but if North get off the leash at some stage that tip is likely out the window. My tipping in the finals series thus far is 0/4 so North are probably good things haha.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:51 am

There is a coupon in todays paper for Admit 2 for $25
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Country Cock ! Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:47 pm

Go u Cocks ! Preliminary Final: Eagles v North - Sunday 16 September @ Adelaide Oval - Page 2 3349184707
Country Cock !
Country Cock !

Teams : The Cocks !
My club : north

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:37 pm

Preliminary Final: Eagles v North - Sunday 16 September @ Adelaide Oval - Page 2 Pf510
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:01 pm

For those that live in the southern area be wary of road closures courtesy of the city-bay run
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:27 am

Yep thank goodness for the South Road / Anzac Highway underpass
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:52 am

bayman wrote:The word “you” can be singular or plural, in this case it was obviously plural

Seems bayman could be correct I'll find out at 2.15.
Went for a quick flick at West lakes mix News stayed along with Gray . A couple more Eagles players are up for tests .
That was the 6 am News .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:35 am

mickyj wrote:

Went for a quick flick at West lakes mix News stayed along with Gray . A couple more Eagles players are up for tests .
That was the 6 am News .

Not sure where you are coming from, but my quote is an English lesson only & no cryptic clue of the incoming player
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:41 am

mickyj wrote:

Given that Central won numerous second semi finals in a row & the Eagles played in many grand finals I’d suggest without knowing that the Eagles preliminary final record is fairly good & not the hoodoo you think it is, if they win today then next week is their hoodoo match in my opinion
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:43 am

bayman wrote:
mickyj wrote:

Given that Central won numerous second semi finals in a row & the Eagles played in many grand finals I’d suggest without knowing that the Eagles preliminary final record is fairly good & not the hoodoo you think it is, if they win today then  next week is their hoodoo match in my opinion

Lately this is as far as the Eagles get
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:48 am

bayman wrote:
mickyj wrote:

That was the 6 am News .

Not sure where you are coming from, but my quote is an English lesson only & no cryptic clue of the incoming player

I was being totally honest I was driving to West lakes at 6 am and the news reader on FM radio station Mix clearly stated Godden has indicated two players have to prove their fitness. It was not stated who the two players are.
I couldn't be bothered going through your posts to find the one you mentioned players or a player could be out .
That's all leaving shorly
Go Eagles
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:23 pm

Good start by the Eagles as they’ve just won a thrilling grand final by 5 points against South

Eagles 13.11.89

South 12.12.84

Jackson Mead was awarded the Alan Stewart medal
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:55 pm

Amazing game. Eagles 8 goals up early 3rd quarter, North led by over 3 goals with 5 minutes left, held on by 5 points.

Big credit to North, Eagles looked a little unlucky at times, but should have won.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:03 pm

Great game of football. Well done North
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by southern bulldog Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:06 pm

Well done North great to see a team get the ball forward quickly and actually give their forwards a chance.Funny how kicking goals wins games.
southern bulldog
southern bulldog

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Scrunch Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:31 pm

What a game! North play a very aesthetically pleasing style of footy. Great advertisement for the comp, well done to both sides.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:33 pm

I know the game last week against Norwood was physically taxing & why I thought if North were close they’d run over the top, however when early in the third term a team leads 10 goals to 2 my statement all year of them not being ruthless enough is spot on when you consider that Boyd nonchalantly strolls in for an easy goal & hit the post when more care was needed & a buffer would have been there, also did the Eagles tire considering they kicked the last few goals or just not ruthless enough?

A big positive for the sanfl & with no disrespect meant, an extra 10,000 will roll up for the grand final this Sunday
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next