Lee
PhilH
Scrunch
Southee
Brucetiki
25 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Preliminary Final: Eagles v North - Sunday 16 September @ Adelaide Oval - Page 5 Empty Re: Preliminary Final: Eagles v North - Sunday 16 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by Thiele Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:52 pm

Seven 4pm news said Tribunal will sit at 5.
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Preliminary Final: Eagles v North - Sunday 16 September @ Adelaide Oval - Page 5 Empty Re: Preliminary Final: Eagles v North - Sunday 16 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:55 pm

This is what North FC had to say about it.

"As you are most likely aware, there has been some controversy surrounding our great win in the Preliminary Final yesterday regarding having 19 men take the field at the beginning of the last quarter. As we have acknowledged, this is correct and was the result of an accidental interchange issue where our bench thought we still had one player in the changerooms getting treatment. This was not the case, and as soon as we realised we had an extra player on the field, a player was immediately removed, being a few minutes into the quarter. This was not picked up at the time by the interchange stewards either."
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:12 pm

This is in my opinion a very serious breach of the rules. The fact that none of the umpires or officials became aware of the situation at the time is extremely disappointing.
I think there is a trend developing these days which sees umpires relying on video evidence post game - and let someone else ajudicate and punish any breach of the rules.
As you will no doubt notice from my past posts I have no love for either the eagles, north or in fact Norwood- who must be be laughing their collective heads off. But you really have to wonder what is going on at Prospect...I mean really- another week another controversy.!
We have this laughable scenario..
We have Almond getting of his report on appeal- personally I think it was a cowardly attack with a raised forearm- that did connect.
The previous week we see the North runner manhandle a South player 3m from an umpire- the umpire if he had any stones would have blown his whistle, reported the runner,sent him off the ground- which he is entitled to do, and awarded the South player a free kick 30m from goal where the incident occured..But no- it was dealt with post-game...
Then at the 3/4 time break the North Adelaide Coach "initiates contact" (that apparently is the official direction as to the way it was to be reffered to) with a South player , once again 3-4m  from an umpire...an umpire with any stones at all would have made a report and awarded South a free kick before the ball was bounced in the last quarter..But no..its dealt with on the quiet behind closed doors and the North coach is slapped over the knuckles with a wet lettuce leaf..
For God sake SANFL grow some balls ...
The Preliminary final should be replayed in full.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Thiele Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:46 pm

Tribunal to sit and make a decision at 6.30
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:50 pm

Thiele wrote:Tribunal to sit and make a decision at 6.30

And then watch the lawyers go to work
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:52 pm

Tram Boy ....  here is what happens if count comes to 18

5.5.4 Correct Number and Request Without Merit
Where a count reveals that the opposing Team has the permitted
number of Players on the Playing Surface, the following shall apply:
(a) a field Umpire shall award a Free Kick to the captain or acting
captain of the opposing Team, which shall be taken at the Centre
Circle or where play was stopped, whichever is the greater penalty
against the offending Team;
(b) a Fifty-Metre Penalty shall then be imposed from the position
where the Free Kick was awarded; and
(c) if a field Umpire is of the opinion that a request was made under
Law 5.5.1 primarily to delay play or such request did not have
sufficient merit, the field Umpire shall report the Player who
requested the count for Time Wasting
under Law 19.2.2.
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:56 pm

PhilH wrote:Tram Boy ....  here is what happens if count comes to 18

5.5.4 Correct Number and Request Without Merit
Where a count reveals that the opposing Team has the permitted
number of Players on the Playing Surface, the following shall apply:
(a) a field Umpire shall award a Free Kick to the captain or acting
captain of the opposing Team, which shall be taken at the Centre
Circle or where play was stopped, whichever is the greater penalty
against the offending Team;
(b) a Fifty-Metre Penalty shall then be imposed from the position
where the Free Kick was awarded; and
(c) if a field Umpire is of the opinion that a request was made under
Law 5.5.1 primarily to delay play or such request did not have
sufficient merit, the field Umpire shall report the Player who
requested the count for Time Wasting
under Law 19.2.2.

Another what if - while the captain requests the count; the 19th man goes off the ground at that instant and neither the captain nor umpire(s) see it.  The umpire lines the players up and it's 18.  So, does the captain get reported, even though they had every right to call for the count?

Edit: Also, the team who called for the count gets penalised a free and 50, how does the umpire know there was any merit when he didn't see the 19th player go off?

Last edited by spell_check on Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:01 pm

Seeing there are what ifs
North has admitted they knew they made a mistake and had 19 on the field .
Is this under the law an admission of guilt ?
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:07 pm

Channel 7 News reporting channel 2 media person Michael Mahney was told north player wearing number 1 was not playing he was off . He looked onto the oval number 1 was playing he reported it to an official that north had 19 men on the field .

So the sanfl were told there's 19 players on the oval
Game wasn't stopped
North admits it had an extra player .

Gee tribunal hearing at 6.30.
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:28 pm

I didn’t hear the whole interview as am at work but I’m sure Luke Powell mentioned among other things that they tried to get the message to the captain, I find this part hard to believe, the North player by all accounts was on the oval for 4-8 minutes depending on who you believe, I’m sorry even in that time I could waddle out to the captain & deliver the message
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:34 pm

bayman wrote:I didn’t hear the whole interview as am at work but I’m sure Luke Powell mentioned among other things that they tried to get the message to the captain, I find this part hard to believe, the North player by all accounts was on the oval for 4-8 minutes depending on who you believe, I’m sorry even in that time I could waddle out to the captain & deliver the message

I was at work I didn't hear or see any of this.
Channel 7 claim Eagles have video evidence that was not known before .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:37 pm

mickyj wrote:
bayman wrote:I didn’t hear the whole interview as am at work but I’m sure Luke Powell mentioned among other things that they tried to get the message to the captain, I find this part hard to believe, the North player by all accounts was on the oval for 4-8 minutes depending on who you believe, I’m sorry even in that time I could waddle out to the captain & deliver the message

Good to see your back at work
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:44 pm

bayman wrote:
mickyj wrote:

Good to see your back at work

Thanks not paid work not work for the dole.
I fall between the ages of 55 to 59 under federal law to collect Newstart I can volunteer 15 hours a week.
Believe me no one wanted to hire me paid or volunteer work I had to go to a volunteer place who sent my information to 20 places . Five minutes after I left got the volunteer job this is my third week 3 days I work 5 hours a day .
Seems Centrelink are happy
The volunteer workers are great
There's no pressure no hassles
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:52 pm

Good, I’m pleased for you
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:56 pm

Either way ... let tonight's decision be THE decision ... ie no legal action.

Note I am saying this before result announced.

If North are allowed to play that should be it from the Eagles
Further legal action would be bad for the GF and bad for the comp
Eagles are having the opportunity to present their case to someone independent tonight, that is enough.

Same applies to North

For the good of the league it has to end tonight.
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:58 pm

The tv news said the decision will be final
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:59 pm

bayman wrote:Good, I’m pleased for you

Thanks everyone's happy
The charity loves me .
Centrelink are happy
I'm happy
Gives me four day weekends every week .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:00 pm

mickyj wrote:
bayman wrote:Good, I’m pleased for you

Thanks everyone's happy
The charity loves me .
Centrelink are happy
I'm happy
Gives me four day weekends every week .

Nice
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:08 pm

In other news it’s 50 days until the Melbourne Cup
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:08 pm

PhilH wrote:Either way ... let tonight's decision be THE decision ... ie no legal action.

Note I am saying this before result announced.

If North are allowed to play that should be it from the Eagles
Further legal action would be bad for the GF and bad for the comp
Eagles are having the opportunity to present their case to someone independent tonight, that is enough.

Same applies to North

For the good of the league it has to end tonight.

Great post I agree with you
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Scrappy Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:26 pm

Agree TB
And do it this week
Otherwise, and this is a proverbial longshot , there is a potential for this to happen again in the G/F
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:32 pm

Scrappy wrote:Agree TB
And do it this week
Otherwise, and this is a proverbial longshot ,  there is a  potential for this to happen again in the G/F

What happens next week SANFL says it's an Eagles v Norwood GF
North are in the seconds GF
What happens to Eagles fans will North fans have a riot ?
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:43 pm

This is going to be a longer thread than the grand final will be
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next