Bundy
eartotheground
Lee
Booney
Admin
25 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Tracking your Team - Port Adelaide - Page 3 Empty Re: Tracking your Team - Port Adelaide

Post by Big Phil Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:19 am

Ben Newton now a Port Magpies player...

From Localfootysa...

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/west-adelaide-lose-young-gun-ben-newton-to-port-adelaide-magpies/story-fn525un5-1226595950375
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Tracking your Team - Port Adelaide - Page 3 Empty Re: Tracking your Team - Port Adelaide

Post by StrayDog Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:08 am

Big Phil wrote:Ben Newton now a Port Magpies player...

From Localfootysa...

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/west-adelaide-lose-young-gun-ben-newton-to-port-adelaide-magpies/story-fn525un5-1226595950375
"A Power spokesman said the club was putting Newton's needs first.
"All we want is what's best for our player and his development," he said.
"

Benevolent to the last.

StrayDog

My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:13 am

All we want is what's best for our player and his development.

End of story.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:22 am

I've got a Harbor Bridge I can sell you, Booney Wink

I hope the Magpies never play him anywhere other than on-ball in the League. Very Happy

Arrogant and untrustworthy.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:26 am

I wonder if Ken McGregor is a just a puppet destined for 'bigger things' at Alberton. What job does he have behind the scenes in addition to head coach of the Magpies?? What have they promised him? Tracking your Team - Port Adelaide - Page 3 1344700888
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Booney Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:41 am

howthewestwaswon wrote:I wonder if Ken McGregor is a just a puppet destined for 'bigger things' at Alberton. What job does he have behind the scenes in addition to head coach of the Magpies?? What have they promised him? Tracking your Team - Port Adelaide - Page 3 1344700888

In a part-time role on a one year deal. Make of that what you will.

Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:49 am

redandblack wrote:I've got a Harbor Bridge I can sell you, Booney Wink
I hope the Magpies never play him anywhere other than on-ball in the League. Very Happy
Arrogant and untrustworthy.

No, it's always been "Proud of the past, confident of the future"

Very Happy
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:01 am

redandblack wrote:

You dont need to worry about that. If you do, you'd be wasting your time and energy. Focus on things you can control.

Now, how much do you want for that bridge? Very Happy
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:25 am

I have to build it first, mate Very Happy
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:06 pm

Taking a different tack.

What in your opinion Booney would be against this non-advantage agreement between the Power/Magpies?

If everything that has foregone so far is ok with the SANFL Commission, despite their voiced concern from the initial McGregor / Richardson etc comments, then I do wonder what activities would be construed as deal breakers.

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:48 pm

redandblack wrote:I have to build it first, mate Very Happy

Your words. My thoughts. Smile
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:54 pm

Glad you got my drift Wink
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:38 pm

one player at a time getting moved to Port ''Magpies'', the ''Power'' are getting their reserves side put together one player at a time & not worried about any voting, meetings etc on any of the issues regarding this, blind freddie can see this happening why can't the SANFL put a stop to it ? they should be telling the Power if your not happy with these players at (in this case) West well then they go to Sturt as Sturt were last years wooden spooners, ffs call their bluff
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:15 pm

Picked this up from another Forum today, regarding SANFL Club memberships (http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/1941/):

PORT ADELAIDE
2012 total – 4351
Current tally – 3314

Tally this time last year – 3470
2013 Target – 4500

2013 Membership Theme
We are Port Adelaide.

2013 Membership Specials
Magpie membership provides you with priority over the public when it comes to selecting seats at Adelaide Oval in 2014.

Would this be considered a commercial advantage of the "One Club" arrangement, the likes of which wasn't supposed to occur?
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by StrayDog Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:28 am

StrayDog wrote:
"A Power spokesman said the club was putting Newton's needs first.
"All we want is what's best for our player and his development," he said.
"

Benevolent to the last.
Booney wrote:All we want is what's best for our player and his development.

End of story.

Laughing

StrayDog

My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:39 am

be·nev·o·lent/bəˈnɛvələnt/ Show Spelled [buh-nev-uh-luhnt] Show IPA
adjective
1. characterized by or expressing goodwill or kindly feelings: a benevolent attitude; - Wanting what we feel is best for Newton.

Very Happy
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:53 am

I'm in two minds about this. The Power have had players shift clubs before the 'One Club' agreement, so it's nothing really new there. But to dictate where and how a player should play whilst under the care of another club and coach is a bit rich. Would they like a more versatile player who can play in multiple positions? Just proves that the AFL don't give a shite about these so-called 'feeder leagues'.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by eartotheground Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:52 am

Scrunch wrote:Picked this up from another Forum today, regarding SANFL Club memberships (http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/1941/):

PORT ADELAIDE
2012 total – 4351
Current tally – 3314

Tally this time last year – 3470
2013 Target – 4500

2013 Membership Theme
We are Port Adelaide.

2013 Membership Specials
Magpie membership provides you with priority over the public when it comes to selecting seats at Adelaide Oval in 2014.

Would this be considered a commercial advantage of the "One Club" arrangement, the likes of which wasn't supposed to occur?

Expect to see this raised at upcoming SANFL meetings by at least one club who is already voicing their anger.
eartotheground
eartotheground

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:10 am

bayman wrote:one player at a time getting moved to Port ''Magpies'', the ''Power'' are getting their reserves side put together one player at a time & not worried about any voting, meetings etc on any of the issues regarding this, blind freddie can see this happening why can't the SANFL put a stop to it ? they should be telling the Power if your not happy with these players at (in this case) West well then they go to Sturt as Sturt were last years wooden spooners, ffs call their bluff

Some years ago when Mitch Farmer was disgruntled at not getting a league game for Sturt, he wanted out.
He was definitely good enough, but an attitude issue was keeping him back. Initially Port were supportive of Sturt's stance, but in the end their player wasn't improving and they wanted him out as well.

However, South being the previous year's wooden spooner, was where he went.
Doesn't seem to be the way it is done now.

Were Sturt offered the services of this Newton fellow?

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by robranisgod Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:29 am

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:
bayman wrote:one player at a time getting moved to Port ''Magpies'', the ''Power'' are getting their reserves side put together one player at a time & not worried about any voting, meetings etc on any of the issues regarding this, blind freddie can see this happening why can't the SANFL put a stop to it ? they should be telling the Power if your not happy with these players at (in this case) West well then they go to Sturt as Sturt were last years wooden spooners, ffs call their bluff

Some years ago when Mitch Farmer was disgruntled at not getting a league game for Sturt, he wanted out.
He was definitely good enough, but an attitude issue was keeping him back. Initially Port were supportive of Sturt's stance, but in the end their player wasn't improving and they wanted him out as well.

However, South being the previous year's wooden spooner, was where he went.
Doesn't seem to be the way it is done now.

Were Sturt offered the services of this Newton fellow?

Same has happened with Danny Butcher this year
robranisgod
robranisgod

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:29 am

On that point, to be fair, I would think he was.

There is a transfer fee, though, and Sturt may not have wanted to pay it.

South would have been next, but it's so close to the start of the season and they have a very strong midfield, so how could they guarantee him a spot?

The Power obviously knew in advance that he would be guaranteed a midfield spot in Round 1 with the Magpies. Cool
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:24 pm

i can hear it coming.................................................................

still coming...................................................................

it isn't here yet but i'm sure by seasons end it'll be here & that off course is

THE KARMA BUS Wink
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:45 am

redandblack wrote:On that point, to be fair, I would think he was.

There is a transfer fee, though, and Sturt may not have wanted to pay it.

South would have been next, but it's so close to the start of the season and they have a very strong midfield, so how could they guarantee him a spot?

The Power obviously knew in advance that he would be guaranteed a midfield spot in Round 1 with the Magpies.

Cool

If he is fit and released by the Power, of course. Smile
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next