Bundy
eartotheground
Lee
Booney
Admin
25 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Tracking your Team - Port Adelaide - Page 6 Empty Re: Tracking your Team - Port Adelaide

Post by Lee Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:46 am

Have some empathy, Booney Very Happy

As a kid, I saw Port beat us in about 3 GF's by less than a goal. I hated them from that time, along with anyone who didn't support Port.

25 years ago, there is no doubt at all that Port gave their word to the other clubs and then broke that word by going behind the backs of the other clubs to negotiate with thwe AFL.

Bayman doesn't forget that. I haven't forgotten it and most of the non-Port population hasn't forgotten it still.

Later, the Magpies said they were really struggling and many non-Port supporters put the competition before their feelings and helped out.

Then we were told to support the 'One Club' merger. We had doubts, as we saw it would give the Magpies an advantage. We were told, in writing, many times, that it wouldbe for administrative purposes only.

They haven't told the truth about the Slattery job offer and their dealings with their AFL players has also been arrogant.

Again, they've broken their word. Not only that, but they dismiss any criticism with arrogance and an 'up yours' attitude.

It's no wopnder we don't have much time for them anymore and we certainly don't trust their word.

Once bitten, etc....

That's our feelings. I don't have any problem with you having the opposite view, as a supporter. I'd do the same to stick up for my club, no matter what, but the above might help you see where Bayman is coming from.

See you at the footy, mate Very Happy
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Tracking your Team - Port Adelaide - Page 6 Empty Re: Tracking your Team - Port Adelaide

Post by howthewestwaswon Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:35 am

Rekindling the fire of old perhaps??

I reckon it's exciting times ahead, as IMO they had lost their 'way' in the last decade or so.

I questioned a few times last year what ever happened to the Port 'arrogance' as it was that attitude, which many non-Port people hated most, that felt like it had disappeared. Certainly the favourite rounds of the SANFL season for me are West v Port, even more so if both sides were finals contenders.

Let's not put this out of context thought, I completely understand and accept some supporters' anguish about what has been happening. But maybe that arrogance may rekindle the fire for a lot of SANFL supporters, Port and non-Port.

Last edited by howthewestwaswon on Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:52 am

That's a wise post, HTWWW.

I have to say I'll look forward to this year's West v Port games because of it Very Happy

Doesn't excuse not being able to trust someone's word, though.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:25 am

redandblack wrote:That's a wise post, HTWWW.

I have to say I'll look forward to this year's West v Port games because of it Very Happy

Absolutely. Twisted Evil
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:28 am

redandblack wrote:That's a wise post, HTWWW.

So if someones "word" has been broken and it is a word governed by a body, lets call them the SANFL for a giggle. And that SANFL has taken no action......
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:37 am

Yes, that's weak by the SANFL, but it takes a complaint for them to act, I presume and the clubs tend to keep these things to themselves.

No need to put "word" in quotes, mate. Very Happy
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:45 am

Nice pick up.... Very Happy

So if the other clubs make no complaints, the SANFL take no action.

Then it isn't weak by the SANFL, it is weak by the other clubs. So, speak to your CEO and ask is your club happy with what is happening and if not why has no complaint been made.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:53 pm

Booney wrote:Nice pick up.... Very Happy

So if the other clubs make no complaints, the SANFL take no action.

Then it isn't weak by the SANFL, it is weak by the other clubs. So, speak to your CEO and ask is your club happy with what is happening and if not why has no complaint been made.

good point Mr Booney, i'll have a chat to our new President on Good Friday, thankyou for that
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:20 pm

redandblack wrote:Have some empathy, Booney Very Happy

As a kid, I saw Port beat us in about 3 GF's by less than a goal. I hated them from that time, along with anyone who didn't support Port.

25 years ago, there is no doubt at all that Port gave their word to the other clubs and then broke that word by going behind the backs of the other clubs to negotiate with thwe AFL.

Bayman doesn't forget that. I haven't forgotten it and most of the non-Port population hasn't forgotten it still.

Later, the Magpies said they were really struggling and many non-Port supporters put the competition before their feelings and helped out.

Then we were told to support the 'One Club' merger. We had doubts, as we saw it would give the Magpies an advantage. We were told, in writing, many times, that it wouldbe for administrative purposes only.

They haven't told the truth about the Slattery job offer and their dealings with their AFL players has also been arrogant.

Again, they've broken their word. Not only that, but they dismiss any criticism with arrogance and an 'up yours' attitude.

It's no wopnder we don't have much time for them anymore and we certainly don't trust their word.

Once bitten, etc....

That's our feelings. I don't have any problem with you having the opposite view, as a supporter. I'd do the same to stick up for my club, no matter what, but the above might help you see where Bayman is coming from.

See you at the footy, mate Very Happy

That sums it up well for those that are old enough to know the deception that went on. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6