countrycousin
howthewestwaswon
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Admin
10 posters

Go down

Tracking your team - North Empty Tracking your team - North

Post by Admin Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:04 am

Lots of quality outs, lots of ins from other clubs, a couple of handy AFL listed recruits.

Can Francou go that bit further?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Tracking your team - North Empty Re: Tracking your team - North

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:50 am

Come on North folks!

Every other 'Tracking Your Team' thread is alive with buzz.

Something must be happening at Prospect!
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:56 am

They don't cheat, they don't drink, they don't do drugs, they don't gamble, they're not broke, they're not in constant argument with the council or locals, they don't win anything...

Biggest news to come out of Prospect recently is John Kosmina walking out. Probably because all the hooha is coming from the Adelaide United division of the club. Wink

Last edited by howthewestwaswon on Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:32 pm

Keeping a low profile seems like a good idea at this stage. That's why there's not much on the Sturt thread either. Laughing
countrycousin
countrycousin

Back to top Go down

Post by robranisgod Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:03 pm

howthewestwaswon wrote:They don't cheat, they don't drink, they don't do drugs, they don't gamble, they're not broke, they're not in constant argument with the council or locals, they don't win anything...

Biggest news to come out of Prospect recently is John Kosmina walking out. Probably because all the hooha is coming from the Adelaide United division of the club. Wink

No one at Adelaide United has anything to do with North Adelaide Football club.

And North have won more flags than every club other than Port and Norwood, so they certainly used to win something. Has been a bleak 20 years or so.
robranisgod
robranisgod

Back to top Go down

Post by robranisgod Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:21 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:Come on North folks!

Every other 'Tracking Your Team' thread is alive with buzz.

Something must be happening at Prospect!

If anyone can predict with any certainty this year how North will go, they are a better judge than I am. I think that they could finish anywhere between second and eighth. I think that they have lost too many quality players to come top and they still have way too many quality players to come bottom, but it could be anywhere in between.

Hence until we see our team on the track and probably in actual premiership matches no one can accurately hazard a guess.
robranisgod
robranisgod

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:44 pm

robranisgod wrote:
howthewestwaswon wrote:They don't cheat, they don't drink, they don't do drugs, they don't gamble, they're not broke, they're not in constant argument with the council or locals, they don't win anything...

No one at Adelaide United has anything to do with North Adelaide Football club.

And North have won more flags than every club other than Port and Norwood, so they certainly used to win something. Has been a bleak 20 years or so.

It's called having a laugh RIG. Shocked Shocked

Must be only the blue-collar clubs or clubs that don't start with the letter N that can laugh at themselves... Wink
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:09 pm

Hang on fella - How many flags do North have?
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by robranisgod Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:30 am

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:Hang on fella - How many flags do North have?

13 in their own right and two as the second World War combine, so you can argue whether Sturt are equal or not, but only Port and Norwood have won more.
robranisgod
robranisgod

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:53 pm

robranisgod wrote:

13 in their own right and two as the second World War combine, so you can argue whether Sturt are equal or not, but only Port and Norwood have won more.
I was just thinking that both clubs are overdue for number 14, when I noticed an odd fact. Sturt's last flag in 2002, Chris Thredgold was captain (Though sadly he didn't play in the GF) and Brenton Phillips was coach. Both ex North Adelaide of course. In North's last one in 1991, Kim Klomp was captain and Mick Nunan coach. Both ex Sturt. I don't know why I thought that was worth posting ? I must be suffering football withdrawal symptoms. Laughing
countrycousin
countrycousin

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:10 pm

countrycousin wrote:
robranisgod wrote:

I was just thinking that both clubs are overdue for number 14, when I noticed an odd fact. Sturt's last flag in 2002, Chris Thredgold was captain (Though sadly he didn't play in the GF) and Brenton Phillips was coach. Both ex North Adelaide of course. In North's last one in 1991, Kim Klomp was captain and Mick Nunan coach. Both ex Sturt. I don't know why I thought that was worth posting ? I must be suffering football withdrawal symptoms. Laughing

withdrwal symptons or not that is a very quirky & interesting fact Very Happy
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by robranisgod Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:22 pm

bayman wrote:
countrycousin wrote:
robranisgod wrote:

withdrwal symptons or not that is a very quirky & interesting fact Very Happy

Fantastic piece of trivia. I can't think of any other examples where the coach and captain of a premiership side both came from the same other club (excluding of course playing coaches like Kerley and Fos Williams).
robranisgod
robranisgod

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:32 pm

North have announced their new 2013 Leadership Group...

Congratulations to all...

http://www.nafc.com.au/news/p3747.aspx

Greg Gallman - Captain
Luke Ivens - Vice Captain
Todd Miles - Vice Captain
Kriston Thompson - Deputy Vice Captain
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:38 pm

Zac Milbank from the SANFL had a chat with Greg Gallman about being appointed skipper of the Roosters...

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/1940/
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Mongrel Punter Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:47 pm

Although the Roosters don't front up until Saturday 6th at Elizabeth, I thought I would put in my review now before the season starts.
Many looking in from outside consider that North will fall a little this year due to the quality of their departures - Allan, Bennett, Currie, Alleway, Mayes and Clisby. However, talking to the people "in the know", the one that will be missed the most is Currie. He is very hard to replace, and James Craig will have to step up. Hovering around to assist is burly 23 year old Justin Schahinger, who played a half in the league last week, and contested well picking up some good around the ground work.
The others have been replaced by some quality ins - Nathan Gordon, a classy midfielder with goal kicking sense (6 goals in 2 trials), Chad O'Sullivan, who needs no introduction, has shaken off any injury worries and completed his first ever pre-season, zippy Matthew Campbell who will create headaches for opposition backmen, and Joe Anderson a tough quality midfielder/defender. They will cover those midfield losses adequately along with Shannon, Thompson and Amato who will benefit from a season's experience. Waiting in the wings are 17 year old Campbell Combe, 17 year old Alex Spina and 18 year old Cameron Craig (the younger brother), all with a touch of class. Tom Langford is projected to be the key forward, along with Matthew Westhoff, who is still finding his feet, but has done some good things in trials, including some ruck work. Daniel Archer will fill a key position and give ruck support when he recovers from his broken hand. Lewis Johnston is likely to spend plenty of time at Roosterland. And watch out for a big year from Max Thring. Michael Clinch has been in good form in the trials in defence, which is very stable. Coach Francou has been playing his strongest team in the trials, and, even in internals, played his probables against his possibles, with the aim, I guess, to get his new players to gel into a cohesive unit, and get to know each other. With new captain, Greg Gallman, leading from the front, North will be around the mark.
Mongrel Punter
Mongrel Punter

My club : north

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:13 pm

Mongrel Punter wrote:17 year old Alex Spina.

I was wondering if you know who this lad's father is? I used to know two Spina brothers through cricket, and I was wondering if he may be the son of one of them.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Mongrel Punter Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:49 pm

Adelaide Hawk wrote:
Mongrel Punter wrote:17 year old Alex Spina.

I was wondering if you know who this lad's father is? I used to know two Spina brothers through cricket, and I was wondering if he may be the son of one of them.

Not sure AH - look familiar?

Tracking your team - North 2V3A0050
Mongrel Punter
Mongrel Punter

My club : north

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:10 pm

Yep, I would say he'd have to be a son of one of them. One of the brothers is a staunch Norwood supporter Smile
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:31 pm

'Chook' was a very quick bowler?
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:27 pm

redandblack wrote:'Chook' was a very quick bowler?

Yes, Chook was a good mate of mine, I'll have to look him up ... good Norwood supporter Smile

For a guy not very tall, he could be very slippery indeed. I recall a state match , ATCA v VDSCA at Moorabbin Oval, we batted first on a green top and were dismissed just before stumps and then Chook came downhill with a howling gail behind him and bowled 2-3 of the quickest overs I've ever seen.

Needless to say, the next day the pitch and dried out, conditions were perfect for batting .... but that's cricket Smile
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down