Bundy
eartotheground
Lee
Booney
Admin
25 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Tracking your Team - Port Adelaide - Page 5 Empty Re: Tracking your Team - Port Adelaide

Post by bayman Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:21 pm

Booney wrote:I think he is on the outer at West Lakes.

I expect him to play more for the Magpies than the Crows.

Mr Booney,
does the word 'expect' in your post actually mean ''hope'' ?
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Tracking your Team - Port Adelaide - Page 5 Empty Re: Tracking your Team - Port Adelaide

Post by bayman Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:36 pm

Booney wrote:

Calm down? I/we got called backstabbing mercenaries.....not sure about you, but I dont take that kind of comment lying down.

Mr Booney,
without naming names etc if you knew the history of what happened at the league meeting held at Victor Harbor iirc, you would understand the ''backstabbing'' comment....whether we should be bitter about it or forgive by now is up to the certain individual, personally while not as bitter as some i still am not happy with what happen back then & i presume you barrack for Ports 3 teams ? that is off course the Power, the Magpies & the Magpies bastard child the Crows, the thing that irritates me is i donated money (not much) too Port in the 1980's when they were all but broke & while we don't like your team (in a sporting sense) i think we needed all clubs in the competition, this is why South got a donation & Sturt will if it can be saved at seasons end, while i believe the Magpies are the real Port & the Power just another franchised organization, however in retrospect perhaps when the Power started the Magpies should have ceased to be in existence
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:53 pm

bayman wrote:
testy wrote:Just letting you Port people know Robbie Gray played half a game for the Bloods last night, his first run since his knee injury and as you would expect it was just about getting through unscathed, most of the power players and coaches were there just to watch how he went, I was most impressed, and thats hard to say. Tracking your Team - Port Adelaide - Page 5 169538438

that's because they care about the players welfare Wink

I understand that, but not nearly the whole team, never seen that before, coaches yes but not most of the players.
testy
testy

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:06 pm

testy wrote:
bayman wrote:
testy wrote:Just letting you Port people know Robbie Gray played half a game for the Bloods last night, his first run since his knee injury and as you would expect it was just about getting through unscathed, most of the power players and coaches were there just to watch how he went, I was most impressed, and thats hard to say. Tracking your Team - Port Adelaide - Page 5 169538438

I understand that, but not nearly the whole team, never seen that before, coaches yes but not most of the players.

that would be for two reasons (imho)
1, because they didn't have a game on & weren't travelling away as happens in the season proper, there is usually a player or three watching

2, perhaps the coach took the opportunity of trying to get team unity even higher than what it is & to have them all on the same page
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by howthewestwaswon Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:03 am

Wolf Man wrote:
waddayamean wrote:Talk of gutless backstabbing and Port keep bobbing up. What about Demetriou backstabbing and sneaking around behind the SANFL back with Adelaide Oval ? You think Port knew nothing about that ? Give us a break please .
Port take us for fools while only existing because the money we give them. They should just die as no one cares about them. Move the license to Tasmania.

Ha! Rolling Eyes The AFL will give the licence to Christmas Island before they ever think of us!

Besides, many of us would squabble if the team should based in the North or South. I don't ever think there will be a compromise in that regard.

Why do you think North Melb got lured to Hobart? A couple of rich disgruntled people were upset with the Tas Govt sponsoring Hawthorn to play in Launceston and not having a game in Hobart.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:34 pm

bayman wrote:
testy wrote:
bayman wrote:

that would be for two reasons (imho)
1, because they didn't have a game on & weren't travelling away as happens in the season proper, there is usually a player or three watching

2, perhaps the coach took the opportunity of trying to get team unity even higher than what it is & to have them all on the same page

Whatever, they did have a game on that afternoon, and to see most of the players there was an unusual site IMHO.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:03 pm

It would have been a big day for Robbie returning to competition and it looks good for the majority of the team to be out there watching and supporting a fellow teammate. I think you're right bayman, Hinkley seems the kind of bloke to be big on the word TEAM.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:34 pm

Well done to Robbie and let's hope he has a good year. We knew from his first trial game that we wouldn't have him long. I had a chat to him
last week about that game (South at Noarlunga).

The previous AFL player we thought the same was Nick Stevens.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:56 am

bayman wrote:
Booney wrote:

Calm down? I/we got called backstabbing mercenaries.....not sure about you, but I dont take that kind of comment lying down.

Mr Booney,
without naming names etc if you knew the history of what happened at the league meeting held at Victor Harbor iirc, you would understand the ''backstabbing'' comment....whether we should be bitter about it or forgive by now is up to the certain individual, personally while not as bitter as some i still am not happy with what happen back then & i presume you barrack for Ports 3 teams ? that is off course the Power, the Magpies & the Magpies bastard child the Crows, the thing that irritates me is i donated money (not much) too Port in the 1980's when they were all but broke & while we don't like your team (in a sporting sense) i think we needed all clubs in the competition, this is why South got a donation & Sturt will if it can be saved at seasons end, while i believe the Magpies are the real Port & the Power just another franchised organization, however in retrospect perhaps when the Power started the Magpies should have ceased to be in existence

Were you at that meeting at Victor Harbour? "....if you knew the history...."

Ports three teams? Rolling Eyes You see, when people revert to ridiculous immature comments like that you know they just aren't worth discussing anything with.

Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:58 am

Wolf Man wrote:
waddayamean wrote:Talk of gutless backstabbing and Port keep bobbing up. What about Demetriou backstabbing and sneaking around behind the SANFL back with Adelaide Oval ? You think Port knew nothing about that ? Give us a break please .
Port take us for fools while only existing because the money we give them. They should just die as no one cares about them. Move the license to Tasmania.

No-one cares about them hey? I care VERY MUCH about them, thankyou.

Proud of the past. Confident of the future.
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:58 am

Hi Admin, Gray and Cassisi are both fronting for the Magpies reserves / league ( 6 quarter trial ) tomorrow night at Alberton v Glenelg as Westies have no trial game planned for this week.
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:15 pm

Booney wrote:Hi Admin, Gray and Cassisi are both fronting for the Magpies reserves / league ( 6 quarter trial ) tomorrow night at Alberton v Glenelg as Westies have no trial game planned for this week.

Not that i care where they play, but why are they both lining up for the Port Magpies?
firstblood
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:16 pm

Yes, thanks, Booney, we were aware of that.

Unfortunately, there are other issues relating to HH which we've been pursuing and have now concluded.

Again, posters should be aware of our recent Site Update.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:52 pm

Booney wrote:Hi Admin, Gray and Cassisi are both fronting for the Magpies reserves / league ( 6 quarter trial ) tomorrow night at Alberton v Glenelg as Westies have no trial game planned for this week.

seeing they are playing twos i haven't a problem with that, however during the season proper when (in this case) these two weren't playing for Port Power they CAN NOT be allowed to play for Port Magpies then unless they are bottom in the twos, you can not give an inch because 10 miles will be taken
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:07 pm

Booney wrote:
bayman wrote:
Booney wrote:

Mr Booney,

Ports three teams? Rolling Eyes You see, when people revert to ridiculous immature comments like that you know they just aren't worth discussing anything with.

well actually i was at Victor Harbor at that time but i wasn't at the league meeting, however i had a meal with 2 people that were & was told at the time what was agreed to which was rePORTed in the media at the time & then the backstabbing happened hell they even backstabbed Dave Boyd

as for 3 teams well, maybe a cheap shot but why was the Crows formed ? & hence my ''bastard child'' comment, you may not like it but that comment has some merit & validity

obviously it is hard to argue against the truth with what happened & therefore you refrain from further discussions

my two off field regrets in footy was in the 1980's i donated to Port when they were going down the gurglar & the year of the big membership drive in the mid 2000's with Cahill as coach, i became a member for the one year to help the cause of survival (hell i still get emails from them, even after i tell them not to send anymore), so yes it irks me when as an individual i try & do the 'right' thing & then when the heart starts ticking again the arrogance kicks back, in any future i'll help (in my small way) any club but i will never help either Port teams again......yeah i know the old saying ''trust them once shame on them, trust them twice shame on me''

ps, with that membership they gave you scarves etc, they were given away to Port supporters i know
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:42 pm

We'll take your membership Bayman, if your inclined to be benevolent once again.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:19 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:We'll take your membership Bayman, if your inclined to be benevolent once again.

will be looking to do it at the first Home match i attend this year (which will be the home match at Norwood Oval)

this is my way of thinking , if Glenelg do not have opponents especially all historic teams in the competition (not AFL based franchises that may happen) then i don't have the opportunity to watch my team either, Sturt as are all clubs an important part of the competitions pie, if 9 pieces of the pie turns to 8 & then 7 etc where does that leave us all ?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:37 pm

Yep, that is a good way of looking at it.
We're all in this together....well I hope all.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:49 pm

That's the way I look at it, too.

Port Magpies situation is different, I think. That will be decided by others.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:46 am

bayman wrote:
Booney wrote:
bayman wrote:
Booney wrote:
Mr Booney,
Ports three teams? Rolling Eyes You see, when people revert to ridiculous immature comments like that you know they just aren't worth discussing
anything with.
well actually i was at Victor Harbor at that time but i wasn't at the league meeting, however i had a meal with 2 people that were & was told at the time what was agreed to which was rePORTed in the media at the time & then the backstabbing happened hell they even backstabbed Dave Boyd
as for 3 teams well, maybe a cheap shot but why was the Crows formed ? & hence my ''bastard child'' comment, you may not like it but that comment has some merit & validity
obviously it is hard to argue against the truth with what happened & therefore you refrain from further discussions
my two off field regrets in footy was in the 1980's i donated to Port when they were going down the gurglar & the year of the big membership drive in the mid 2000's with Cahill as coach, i became a member for the one year to help the cause of survival (hell i still get emails from them, even after i tell them not to send anymore), so yes it irks me when as an individual i try & do the 'right' thing & then when the heart starts ticking again the arrogance kicks back, in any future i'll help (in my small way) any club but i will never help either Port teams again......yeah i know the old saying ''trust them once shame on them, trust them twice shame on me''
ps, with that membership they gave you scarves etc, they were given away to Port supporters i know

I feel for you bayman. Nearly 25 years on and the wound still weeps.
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next