bayman
GeorgieBoy
Redlegsrock
57 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Rumour File Empty Rumour File

Post by Lee Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:14 pm

Could do either, but there's a limit to how many delisted AFL players you can fit in the salary cap.

They all want a dollar and only a few play for the 'love of the jumper'.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Rumour File Empty Re: Rumour File

Post by Scrunch Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:44 pm

Lee wrote:Could do either, but there's a limit to how many delisted AFL players you can fit in the salary cap.

They all want a dollar and only a few play for the 'love of the jumper'.

Keep crying foul about the salary cap you regularly breach. Should keep you mired in mediocrity a while longer.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:01 pm

Can't see anything not factual about those statements, which apply to all clubs,

Let's keep it polite.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:31 pm

Wasn't intended to be impolite. I just don't understand your constant references to Norwood's Salary when you've had so many breaches at your own and wouldn't know the deals Norwood's players negotiate. I understand the doubts over their salary given recent breaches, but when you look at their losses in McGuiness (likely highest paid player), Kirwan, Hughes and possibly Bampton, Panos and Baulderstone, that frees up a bit. Doesn't factor in expected losses next season, back ended contracts or players with good off field career/income playing mostly in the hope of winning a premiership. But I don't understand why as a club you would spend so much time worrying about what another club does when every minute should be spent aspiring to be better than every other rival club. But hey we all see things differently I guess.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:49 pm

I think you're a bit defensive. The statement you quoted merely stated what all posters know, that there's a limit to how many delisted AFL players you can fit in and that players generally want to be well paid.

It's just an opinion on a forum, nothing else.

For the record, I do spend a lot of time trying to make my club better. That has made me well aware of the difficulties of things like salary caps and transfer fees.

Norwood certainly have room to move, I haven't said anything different, either for next season or last season.

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by lachlan Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:23 pm

Scrunch
Wouldn't have thought Kirwan,Hughes,Bampton and Baulderstone would be paid that much
lachlan
lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:33 am

lachlan wrote:Scrunch
Wouldn't have  thought Kirwan,Hughes,Bampton and Baulderstone would be paid that much

Would suggest that's a reasonable enough assumption. I don't think they will be replaced with highly paid players either. As someone posted previously (think it was Lee) the bigger inducement these days is off-field career opportunity for player and/or partner, or opportunity to re-establish an AFL career. In relation to the latter, at the moment at least, Norwood would have to be close to the most attractive club in the country.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:55 am

That's true.

It's interesting that this has gone in cycles for a while now. In the early 2000's, West were probably in that position, while the Eagles were well represented also.

During Central's reign, they had few draftees, I think.

I think Norwood, more than any club, were willing to play 18 year olds in their league team and that may be copied more from now on by other clubs.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:55 pm

Scrunch, I've been giving a bit of thought to your comments that I spend too much time talking about Norwood and the salary cap.

You should avoid the other site, then, as they have 7 pages and a separate thread about that topic, complete with a rumour that Norwood are being investigated,

You should register on that site and give them a blast, just for fun Wink

It's 7 pages of nonsense, of course, as I strongly doubt Norwood are being investigated.

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:02 am

I didn't realise we were comparing sites. Sounds as though you are worrying about a stronger opponent rather than focusing on what it takes to overtake them. Again.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by eartotheground Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:18 am

Big Phil wrote:
Footy Lover wrote:is there a very big name AFL delisted player heading to Norwood.

Big Phil wrote:Leroy Jetta?

lachlan wrote:Big Phil is right Jetta is heading to Norwood.

The stronger keep getting stronger?

eartotheground wrote:Seems to be a lot of certainty on here surrounding this rumour. Interesting.

Certainly no certainty on my part, eartotheground, hence the question mark with my post?

Are you hearing otherwise?

Jetta may well end up at a club with red in their jumper, but blue not the other colour(s)
eartotheground
eartotheground

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:24 am

You'd rather a head in the sand 'pretend they don't exist' attitude?

Firstly, this is a site for an alternative discussion and overtaking or emulating them has never been an aim.

Secondly, their traffic is way, way less than half of what it used to be since we started and they became an advertising site.

Third, I have a crack, with all the difficulties and abuse that brings, both in helping start this site and with the team I support.

As for my club, I've only been involved at an off-field level for 6 months, so we'll see what results develop.

Lighten up, mate, it's just a football discussion on a forum, no need to be constantly personal about it.

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:56 am

Lee wrote:You'd rather a head in the sand 'pretend they don't exist' attitude?

Firstly, this is a site for an alternative discussion and overtaking or emulating them has never been an aim.

Secondly, their traffic is way, way less than half of what it used to be since we started and they became an advertising site.

Third, I have a crack, with all the difficulties and abuse that brings, both in helping start this site and with the team I support.

As for my club, I've only been involved at an off-field level for 6 months, so we'll see what results develop.

Lighten up, mate, it's just a football discussion on a forum, no need to be constantly personal about it.  

Why would a poster come to this site, to compare it to another? I'm sorry I just don't understand how it has any place in this discussion. If for some reason you choose to consider that as me making a personal attack, then that's unfortunate but there is not much I can do about it. If you also bothered to read my previous posts with an open mind you would see that I was attempting to send, what I consider to be, a constructive message of "stop worrying about what others do, just concentrate solely on making yours better than them".

I'm happy to leave this conversation alone now, because anything I contribute that you don't like automatically gets met with the personal attack, so it would seem you and I are incapable of holding a football discussion, unless of course it suits you.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:05 am

I think that's called 'projection'.

I don't think I've ever posted a personal attack on you.

Perhaps you could read my posts with an open mind also.

If I have offended you though, I sincerely apologise and will draw a line and start again more carefully.

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:33 pm

Ok fair enough, my intent was never to offend, I apologise too if it's been the case
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Millsie89 Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:00 pm

Not really a rumour, but the player in question is a former Norwood Premiership Player picked up by the Kangaroos last season.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-28/roo-under-investigation
Millsie89
Millsie89

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Redlegsrock Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:56 pm

Millsie89 wrote:Not really a rumour, but the player in question is a former Norwood Premiership Player picked up by the Kangaroos last season.

Confirmed on 9 news. Disappointed in Trent.
Redlegsrock
Redlegsrock

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:45 pm

Redlegsrock wrote:
Millsie89 wrote:Not really a rumour, but the player in question is a former Norwood Premiership Player picked up by the Kangaroos last season.

Confirmed on 9 news.  Disappointed in Trent.

Absolute DH!!!

Feel for the victim ......disgraceful !!
Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:04 pm

i'll bet that if found guilty, the punishment from North Melbourne will be more costly than what the court will dish out
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by eartotheground Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:40 am

Which club already the subject of salary cap conjecture - not within 5km of the CBD - is speaking with a delisted AFL player that will help their height issues?
eartotheground
eartotheground

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:37 am

eartotheground wrote:Which club already the subject of salary cap conjecture - not within 5km of the CBD - is speaking with a delisted AFL player that will help their height issues?

Im no legal eagle...but..if a club is found guilty of breaking the salary cap, and decides to take it to court...to appeal the decision. What happens when the club explains that two of the clubs in the league are operating under a vastly different set of salary cap rules to the other eight clubs...? just asking.... Neutral
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Millsie89 Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:30 pm

eartotheground wrote:Which club already the subject of salary cap conjecture - not within 5km of the CBD - is speaking with a delisted AFL player that will help their height issues?

Maybe Mckernan if he's not picked up by another club?
Millsie89
Millsie89

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:59 pm

Millsie89 wrote:

He's supposedly said on AA if hes not drafted hes going to the Eagles
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:14 pm

blueandwhite wrote:

Im no legal eagle...but..if a club is found guilty of breaking the salary cap, and decides to take it to court...to appeal the decision. What happens when the club explains that two of the clubs in the league are operating under a vastly different set of salary cap    rules to the other eight clubs...?  just asking.... Neutral

I can't really see the point of even having a salary cap anymore.
Waste of time really.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceman Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:40 pm

Millsie89 wrote:

McKernan and Patrenko to train with the Saints in November
Aceman
Aceman

My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next