oldfella
blueandwhite
44 posters

Page 1 of 31 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Go down

Rumour File Empty Rumour File

Post by Lachlan2 Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:32 pm

'Waddayamean'
The Western Bulldogs have a small supporter base and they won the 2016 AFL Premiership. So I'm not sure what your point is.

When it's a club based competition there will always be clubs with a small supporter base. It's a fact life.
Lachlan2
Lachlan2

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Rumour File Empty Re: Rumour File

Post by Flag No.10 Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:55 pm

waddayamean wrote:Other clubs have had the cap reduced and now are thriving so to reduce it across the league is not only unfair but also will weaken the competition.

Sorry but can you clarify that?
1) Which other clubs have had the cap reduced and are now thriving?
2) If clubs have had it reduced and are now thriving, wouldn't that suggest that reducing it for all clubs (which I oppose) would strengthen all of them?
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan2 Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:07 pm

Waddayamean,

Just because a club has a small supporter base doesn't mean they cannot draw on support if they run into financial difficulties. There good be a number of those supporters who are very wealthy in their own right and who are willing to help

So I disagree with your statement.

Lachlan2
Lachlan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan2 Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:50 pm

Waddayamean
I'm sure every club with a small supporter base also do other things to raise money

As for Sturt they had a Finanacier that being their BANK, that have been and are still are very Supportive and I No that for a fact. If it wasn't for their bank they wouldn't be where they are today.
Lachlan2
Lachlan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan2 Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:42 pm

Waddayamean

Don't get so defensive.
If you don't like the response don't post on here anymore.
By the way read my post I never said Sturt wouldn't be around if it wasn't for their Bank.

Lachlan2
Lachlan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan2 Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:32 am

Waddaymean

Ditto.
Lachlan2
Lachlan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:06 am

waddayamean wrote:I never said clubs with small supporter bases don't try and raise money ? Where did I say that ? Have a think about some of my posts and and then post. This is unbelievable ,everything I post gets twisted to appease others on here.
You honestly believe that they wouldn't be around if it wasn't for their bank ? No worries matey, have a read back what has been said and then post. ( by the way Know , not no)

I'm not sure it's wise to point out grammatical errors or typos, waddayamean.

We all make mistakes when we're posting.

Oh, by the way, it's drivel, not dribble.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:44 am

Ok seeing i am not sensitive or quoting dribble or drivel .
Waddaymean keeps saying teams with small fan base .
now you have told us which three clubs have a small fan base . How do these clubs get more fans in the gate ?
I can only speak of eagles games i personally know a few fans who will not join up again due to the AFL teams . Now i am not saying i agree or disagree with their thoughts .
But to say we in this post i mean fans . We saw at Adelaides seconds games at oval ave the last few years . A kids carnival being played before the game . This saw a larger crowd attend good idea or not i did see people post online who did not attend that game it was ridiculous .
So at those games a club with a small fan base tried to attract more fans , did get more bums on seats so to speak .
ok so how do these teams with low numbers draw fans in we read posts in the rumour file it doesnt help having low crowds .
1 how do they attract more fans
2 How do they draw more fans over the AFL teams .By that i mean since they came in the fans left
3 I'm not going over sensitive or speaking drivel or dribbel .
Waddaymaen you have made a fair few posts on talking footy saying low fan numbers,
Heres your chance to say to the SANFL this is how you get more fans.
I saw your post on the 2016 GF large number of sturt people out numbered Eagles .
lets us be honest they should more members but lets be really honest .
Unley oval crowds when sturt are not winning its like a cow paddock virtually no sturt fans . When they are winning crowds flock in .
Not picking on Sturt because North at prospect can be the same winning games North fans flock in lose a game or two and they stay away .
Pretty sure Norwood who you mention are the same win and the parade is packed stop winning the fans stay home.
Eagles a low fan base seem to always draw the same crowds win lose or draw .
So once again how do they being the clubs draw fans in every week
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:47 am

waddayamean wrote: If the cap is increased then that will obviously strengthen the competition.

That would only be true if all clubs could afford to spend up to the cap limit. That currently isn't the case. It would only strengthen the already financially strong clubs, creating an even more uneven playing field.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfella Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:51 am

Fair question and well put imo.

I feel that we need to drastically lower the attendance cost -- perhaps even gold coin entrance for charity -- clubs will make money on food and drinks (more attending more spending)

Presently i believe  gate money goes to sanfl then redistributed back but if the sanfl has enough money to sponsor a 4 day pigs at trough adelaide oval cricket function or pay the expense of repeatedly sending various official interstate where surely in many cases internet conferencing would be more suitable and cost effective then the sanfl can afford the minor loss for the better good of the game

Perhaps the sanfl needs to undertake a severe trimming of thier expenditure similar to the clubs and return that money to league clubs rather than spending on elitist options

I thought sanfl board only came into being to run afl licences which they no longer hold -- perhaps its time that we go back to the past and get league presidents to run football in south australia , abolish the board and save the cost of an unecessary double structure

Just some quick thought rant over
oldfella
oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:42 pm

oldfella wrote:Fair question and well put imo.

I feel that we need to drastically lower the attendance cost -- perhaps even gold coin entrance for charity -- clubs will make money on food and drinks (more attending more spending)

Presently i believe  gate money goes to sanfl then redistributed back but if the sanfl has enough money to sponsor a 4 day pigs at trough adelaide oval cricket function or pay the expense of repeatedly sending various official interstate where surely in many cases internet conferencing would be more suitable and cost effective then the sanfl can afford the minor loss for the better good of the game

Perhaps the sanfl needs to undertake a severe trimming of thier expenditure similar to the clubs and return that money to league clubs rather than spending on elitist options

I thought sanfl board only came into being to run afl licences which they no longer hold -- perhaps its time that we go back to the past and get league presidents to run football in south australia , abolish the board and save the cost of an unecessary double structure

I don't know why this is in the rumour file topic but
I don't believe you would not get many more if any if you dropped the admission. The SANFL has a core group of people that go. Getting new people through the gate is hard.

I do agree the SANFL admin needs reducing. What do a lot of people working there actually do. Does the SAAFL actually have as many working there considering they run many more teams.
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfella Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:52 pm

Fair comment mate -- reference attendance many forget that 50/50 cricket had poor attendance first up then they had a series of dollar days -- people came and when they seen the product they stayed .

Agreed, Our first need is to get people to attend and many who i talk too find the expense especially for more than one a significant factor when local football in most cases is free
oldfella
oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfella Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:55 pm

Probably not totally suited to rumour area but original was response to rumour that 3 clubs have had thier salary cap reduced (true i believe)
oldfella
oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:36 pm

goddy11 wrote:
oldfella wrote:Fair question and well put imo.

I don't know why this is in the rumour file topic but
I don't believe you would not get many more if any if you dropped the admission. The SANFL has a core group of people that go. Getting new people through the gate is hard.

I do agree the SANFL admin needs reducing. What do a lot of people working there actually do. Does the SAAFL actually have as many working there considering they run many more teams.

Think about the hit to membership revenue too. Clubs sell home match tickets and memberships incorporating these, so the money goes directly to the club. If you're lowering admission to $2, the HM ticket and memberships will need to reflect this.

That aside, gold coin or free entry would be a massive gamble - The crowds would need to improve dramatically, like BIG time, or the clubs are copping a big loss in gate revenue.

Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:41 pm

waddayamean wrote:
mickyj wrote:Ok seeing i am not sensitive or quoting dribble or drivel .
Waddaymean keeps saying teams with small fan base .
now you have told us which three clubs have a small fan base . How do these clubs get more fans in the gate ?
I can only speak of eagles games i personally know a few fans who will not join up again due to the AFL teams . Now i am not saying i agree or disagree with their thoughts .
But to say we in this post i mean fans . We saw at Adelaides seconds games at oval ave the last few years . A kids carnival being played before the game . This saw a larger crowd attend good idea or not i did see people post online who did not attend that game it was ridiculous .
So at those games a club with a small fan base tried to attract more fans , did get more bums on seats so to speak .
ok so how do these teams with low numbers draw fans in we read posts in the rumour file it doesnt help having low crowds .
1 how do they attract more fans
2 How do they draw more fans over the AFL teams .By that i mean since they came in the fans left
3 I'm not going over sensitive or speaking drivel or dribbel .
Waddaymaen you have made a fair few posts on talking footy saying low fan numbers,
Heres your chance to say to the SANFL this is how you get more fans.
I saw your post on the 2016 GF large number of sturt people out numbered Eagles .
lets us be honest they should more members but lets be really honest .
Unley oval crowds when sturt are not winning its like a cow paddock virtually no sturt fans . When they are winning crowds flock in .
Not picking on Sturt because North at prospect can be the same winning games North fans flock in lose a game or two and they stay away .
Pretty sure Norwood who you mention are the same win and the parade is packed stop winning the fans stay home.
Eagles a low fan base seem to always draw the same crowds win lose or draw .
So once again how do they being the clubs draw fans in every week

I can't answer some of this as it does not make sense.

I can say I have never said how to get more fans , just stated the obvious which is the clubs that have a small supporter base. They will never draw more crowds that AFL teams and I have never said that.

ok you have read what i wrote wrong

i said one of the reasons members and fans have dropped off and i can only say what i hear at eagles games is due to the afl sides in the sanfl . i never said you said that. can you understand some fans boycott those games .

i did say that you keep saying clubs with small fan base in this rumour topic and this forum .
I asked you to say the answer to this problem or how the clubs attract more fans
If you keep highlighting Eagles and West and South why not tell the sanfl and talking footy members how to attract more fans.

i hope that makes sense .
because you are saying the low crowd thing over and over
but never say how they can get more people through the gates
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:13 pm

Lee wrote:

Oh, by the way, it's drivel, not dribble.

i've learnt something because i thought both words could be used for the same meaning
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 31 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next