Adelaide Hawk
Captain Centrals
howthewestwaswon
Lee
Admin
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Qualifying Final: Centrals v West - Sunday 16 September, 3:10pm @ AAMI Stadium - Page 2 Empty Re: Qualifying Final: Centrals v West - Sunday 16 September, 3:10pm @ AAMI Stadium

Post by Lee Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:33 pm

Bt, it says a lot for your integrity to post such an honest and heart-felt statement.

There's a long way to go still this season, so I hope the Dogs turn things around this week.

Gutsy win to North, so it could be pace v experience.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Qualifying Final: Centrals v West - Sunday 16 September, 3:10pm @ AAMI Stadium - Page 2 Empty Re: Qualifying Final: Centrals v West - Sunday 16 September, 3:10pm @ AAMI Stadium

Post by howthewestwaswon Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:38 pm

Brucetiki wrote:
The end of the game was marred by what I could only describe as disgraceful scenes by the Centrals players as a melee formed inside their 50, which left the umpires no option but to pretty much gift Westies the last goal of the game. In the last 10 minutes of the game, the players that pulled on a Centrals guernsey today disgraced themselves, disgraced their supporters, and disgraced their club with their on-field behaviour. I was completely and utterly ashamed of that carry-on late in the game, to the extent I was on the verge of walking out early in disgust.

I was sitting right in front of it Brucetiki, but didn't see who/what started it? Ezard(?) got 50m penalties awareded to him all the way down the ground to the goalsquare. Unfortunately, this ultimately cost your club the game as after this incident the players became more interesting in rubbing out West players rather than contest the ball. I have to admit, I enjoyed it a little, finally seeing a club (but in particular my own!) get a little mental edge over the Bulldogs. Very Happy

Last edited by howthewestwaswon on Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:46 pm

Please forgive me just one indulgence, it's been a long time between drinks, but to all the 'experts'......................

"That's what you get when you 'flirt with form'" Qualifying Final: Centrals v West - Sunday 16 September, 3:10pm @ AAMI Stadium - Page 2 169538438
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:52 pm

redandblack wrote:Please forgive me just one indulgence, it's been a long time between drinks, but to all the 'experts'......................

"That's what you get when you 'flirt with form'" Qualifying Final: Centrals v West - Sunday 16 September, 3:10pm @ AAMI Stadium - Page 2 169538438

Nothing wrong with a little flirting R&B... Wink
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by lachlan Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:00 pm

Was good win today by the bloods.It was a very defensive gmae with West having as many as 9 players in defence. Centrals did man up after
half time and therefore had 9 fwds.

West doesnt have a tall fwd line and against Nwd I wouyld lovee to see Fergie move fwd against Nwd as we have enough tall defenders to cover
Nwds tall fwds.

I liked the games of Hartlett,Caire,Crouch,Schmidt and Fisher for his 4 goals.

West will need to play better to beat Nwd an dstop the turnovers.

IT was an enjoyable win but next week begins tomorrow and Nwd will be very tough
lachlan
lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:06 pm

I was one who was worried about us "flirting" with form, but boy was I proven wrong. It allowed us to completely run over the top of Central in the last quarter and it was fantastic to see.

Can't wait for next week. Had a fantastic day today and hope it continues into next week.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by ca Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:55 pm

Well done West, too good today. I have a feeling the Dogs will win comfortably next week so neither Norwood or West will want to drop this one. It's a long finals series, this time last year we had flogged the eagles and looked like having one hand on the cup until the injuries struck and it all fell apart. Long way to go yet for all four teams.
ca
ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:23 am

Awesome effort by Westies!
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:44 am

waddayamean wrote:Well done West and thanks for the comic relief Gowans' boys. Do these blokes let themselves down or what. I noticed one coming off in the first quarter waving his arms and remonstrating with a spectator. Get over it . You always know when Centrals are done as these clowns just whinge and have there sly little attacks. Lets get one thing straight , I think they have been good players for Centrals but they are not tough players .

I thought at the start of the year they made a bad decision going on and they are a liability now. Just get caught too much which I thought would happen.
Anyway well done West , a pretty good last quarter and overrun Centrals . It will be an interesting game against Norwood and I give West a good chance.

The Gowans' twin coming off in the first term was not waving his arms at a spectator, waddayamean, it was directed up to Roy in the coaches box. I have seen them do it before and I think it may have been in reference to them coming off with part of the rotation when there was a slight mix up with who was supposed to come from the ground.

I think their lack of discipline, at times, is frustrating but to say they are not tough players is quite disrespectful, I feel. They are two of the toughest players to have pulled on a red, white and blue jumper. The boys play with a great passion and white line fever that sometimes sees them overstep the mark but their influence on the club speaks for itself.

I also disagree with your comment about them being a liability. At times, they have perhaps struggled a little bit, but they haven't been alone there. Their skill level, on both sides of the body, is as good going around in the competition, and while they may have lost a yard of pace, they are still very smart footballers and know where to position themselves.

Chris has probably been more valuable to the side this year than James but Roy Laird stated at the beginning of the year that if he felt their value to the League side was not warranted, they would be dropped. That hasn't happened because they are still valuable contributors to the side. With their amazing contribution to the League over the years, for you to call them clowns indicates to me that you are letting yourself down with that kind of comment.

Well done to West on a grinding win yesterday, they were good in the second half when they played more attacking and attacked the goal face more often. Brad Fisher showed his class while the Bloods defence was superb all day. Hartlett was very good but having seen the replay of the game last night, might find himself in a bit of trouble for his off the ball strike on Alan Obst.

Will be interesting to see what the Incident Review Panel finds out of the game...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Big Phil Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:03 am

Tom has had a good season for the Dogs, including being selected for State Representation. He has had his issues with a hip complaint all year that has limited his training at times but overall I think he has had a good year.

Quite clearly he had his colours lowered yesterday by Brad Fisher, specifically in the second half, but I think he has been a good recruit. I would have liked to see him tried as a forward at times throughout the year but that didn't eventuate.

Don't underestimate the quality of footballer that Brad Fisher is. I'm not sure any defender would have stopped him in that second half yesterday. Tom will bounce back this week, especially if he gets more opportunities to run off his opponent and create drive from defence, which has been one of his strong points this year.

What are you thoughts on Tom, waddyamean? Also, what are thoughts on Sturt defender come forward James McLeay? I think he and Collier are similar players.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:48 pm

BP does the replay show Hartlett doing something off the ball? I watched the replay and saw nothing.

Brad Fisher works very hard up and down the ground, had he kicked the ball to him better he would have had a field day. Think he needs to lead directly to the player delivering the ball more often though. In saying that he probably knows that it will go anywhere except where he wants it.

I would love to know the win/loss ratio of when both Gowans have been in the team this year. At least 4 of their losses have been when both are in the team.
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:08 pm

brodlach wrote:BP does the replay show Hartlett doing something off the ball? I watched the replay and saw nothing.
Have a look at the 2nd quarter, about the 6:40 minute mark...

The camera is shooting from behind the northern goals, where Central's Paul Thomas took a mark deep in the back pocket, then looked to switch the play across goals. Up in the top right hand corner of the screen, you see Hartlett about 10m behind Obst, just in from the boundary line, from where Obst would have created a lead down the line.

Let the vision roll and keep an eye on Hartlett up in the top right hand corner. He comes in and cearly makes contact with Obst, flooring him and seeing Alan in the hands of the trainers for a couple of minutes. You can clearly see Adam wind up and clearly makes contact on Obst with a swinging arm. Obst looked to have caught it out of the corner of his eye and in bracing for contact has ducked a little bit. It looks like Hartlett connected either to the shoulder or face of Obst.

Will be interesting to see whether or not the IRP spotted this? This was the incident that saw Ed Sansbury go out to Hartlett in retaliation and ended up being reported himself.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:59 pm

Which later led to Obst being reported?
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:08 pm

redandblack wrote:Which later led to Obst being reported?
Not sure, r&b...

I'm led to belive Obst was reported in the final term for what led to the big mele down the southern end. Assuming it was in relation to Joel Tippett coming from the ground with Obst listed as being reported for striking.

Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:27 pm

Yes, my point was whether he was looking to 'square-up'.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:23 pm

No, I don't think so, because it was Hartlett who looked ot hit Obst...

The 'square up' from Obst was for when Tippett got stuck into him 30 seconds earlier for missing that close set shot on goal, hence Joel came off, not Adam...

Looks like Hartlett may have got away with striking someone off the ball, but Obst has been offered 2 matches and Sunsbury 1 match suspensions.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:25 pm

Looks like both Gowans got off for their little jabs too Wink
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:35 pm

brodlach wrote:Looks like both Gowans got off for their little jabs too Wink
The twins are angels and never do anything wrong - just ask waddyamean Wink
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:01 pm

Big Phil wrote:
Looks like Hartlett may have got away with striking someone off the ball, but Obst has been offered 2 matches and Sunsbury 1 match suspensions.

I'm not sure how appropriate it is for someone in the media to be flagging incidents that they think the IRP should look at. (And I'm talking more about the earlier detailed post than the one quoted above.) And it feels less appropriate when it's your club on the alleged receiving end. But certainly this is frowned upon in the AFL.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:04 pm

Yeah, fair point Flaggy...

Mods feel free to remove my post if they have to...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:13 pm

Got your wish BP, Hartlett offered one game
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:15 pm

brodlach wrote:Got your wish BP, Hartlett offered one game

If you get a chance, broadlach, watch the vision at the time I mentioned and see the incident for yourself - it's pretty clear cut...

Confirmed on SANFL site that West's Adam Hartlett has been offered a 1 match suspension for striking...

http://www.sanfl.com.au/league/reports/2012_sanfl_league_reports_/
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:32 pm

Flag No.9 wrote:
Big Phil wrote:

I'm not sure how appropriate it is for someone in the media to be flagging incidents that they think the IRP should look at. (And I'm talking more about the earlier detailed post than the one quoted above.) And it feels less appropriate when it's your club on the alleged receiving end. But certainly this is frowned upon in the AFL.

The AFL media do it all the time.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next