Adelaide Hawk
Captain Centrals
howthewestwaswon
Lee
Admin
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Qualifying Final: Centrals v West - Sunday 16 September, 3:10pm @ AAMI Stadium Empty Qualifying Final: Centrals v West - Sunday 16 September, 3:10pm @ AAMI Stadium

Post by Admin Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:52 pm

Qualifying Final: Centrals v West - Sunday 16 September, 3:10pm @ AAMI Stadium Bulldogs%20logo V Qualifying Final: Centrals v West - Sunday 16 September, 3:10pm @ AAMI Stadium West_logo

Sunday 16 September
AAMI Stadium
3:10pm

Broadcast: ABC1, Life FM, 5RPH, ABC Radio Adelaide, 5AA

2012 Encounters:
Round 3: West 10.10.70 d Centrals 7.12.54 (City Mazda Stadium)
Round 11: Centrals 14.9.93 d West 8.8.56 (Playford Alive Oval)
Round 20: West 15.11.101 d Centrals 10.10.70 (Playford Alive Oval)

Both sides are coming off poor losses - Centrals are coming off a humiliating loss to North at Elizabeth while West are coming off a flat loss to the Eagles at Woodville. Westies have had the wood on Central winning two of the three meetings this year, including an important win over Centrals in Round 20 at Elizabeth. Will Centrals continue their incredible record of not losing a minor final since 1998, or will West bounce back and punish Centrals recent bruise free football.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Qualifying Final: Centrals v West - Sunday 16 September, 3:10pm @ AAMI Stadium Empty Re: Qualifying Final: Centrals v West - Sunday 16 September, 3:10pm @ AAMI Stadium

Post by Lee Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:34 pm

It means little for this match perhaps, but are West the only team to kick 100 points in a win at Elizabeth for this season?

And for a fair while?
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Qualifying Final: Centrals v West - Sunday 16 September, 3:10pm @ AAMI Stadium Empty Re: Qualifying Final: Centrals v West - Sunday 16 September, 3:10pm @ AAMI Stadium

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:53 pm

Central by 4-5 goals.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:21 am

As a long-suffering Blood's supporter, I have something to say to those who think we're 'flirting with form'.

It's nice to have some form to flirt with at last Qualifying Final: Centrals v West - Sunday 16 September, 3:10pm @ AAMI Stadium 4056091176
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Centrals Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:21 pm

West have never beaten Centrals in a final (ok, they've only played in 2).

Centrals have won the last 4 Qualifying Finals they've appeared in: 2000, 2006, 2008, 2009.

If Centrals lose on Sunday, it will be the first time they've not played in and won the 2nd Semi since 1999. They've won the last 12 2nd Semis (2000 - 2011) and the last 13 they've played in (including 1996).

So, in other words, the continuation of some major records will be ended if West beats Centrals on Sunday.
Captain Centrals
Captain Centrals

Teams : Centrals, Rangers, Villa
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:47 pm

A real sit on the fence effort here. Obviously I'm hoping they really belt each other. I'm having a lot of difficulty deciding a winner because of the indifferent form of both teams as they rested players for the finals.

West Adelaide's best during the season has probably been better than the Dogs, but something tells me the old firm may just get up by around 9 points.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Thiele Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:46 pm

So will Tippo play I mean Kurt
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:02 pm

Might be I.Callinan in for the Dogs and K.Tippett in for the Bloods, Thiele?
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:12 pm

Big Phil wrote:Might be I.Callinan in for the Dogs and K.Tippett in for the Bloods, Thiele?
sounds good. I guess we will find out tomorrow
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:15 pm

obviously reading the named teams is crucial when deciding who the winner would be but i'd suggest if West can maintain composure in the first 10-15 minutes of the match it'll go a long way into them winning, if they have not the composure they could be blown away very early
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:37 pm

Here are the 2 squads for this game...

Central - http://www.cdfc.com.au/season-2012/fixtures-and-results/league/view/2012-09-16/85

Please note the formatting from the Central homepage only fits 4 on the bench, so add Troy Menzel on there

West - http://www.westadelaidefc.com.au/NEWS/LATESTNEWS/WEEKLYTEAMS-QUALIFYINGFINAL12.aspx

At least 8 changes for the Bloods - all qaulity players coming in but interesting to see if that unsettles them Sunday?
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:49 pm

i'd suggest bar for Webb this is Westies best team & i think this team will beat Central on sunday
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mark beswick Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:49 pm

Depends on the real fitness of some of the bloods players Bayman
Fully fit then I agree... West will want a good lead going into the 4th quarter - its been 3 weeks for some players since theyve played
mark beswick
mark beswick

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:50 pm

Central District

FF: Habel, Hardy, J.Gowans
HF: C.Gowans, Obst, Goodrem
C: O'Hara, Williams, Symes
HB: Sansbury, Templeton, Barmby
FB: Hayes, Sibenaler, Marschall

R: Hannath, Thomas, Schiller

Int: Collier, Dunne, Dutschke, Jenner, Menzel

In: Dutschke, Jenner, Marschall
Out: Henderson

West Adelaide

FF: Beech, Nelson, F.Caruso
HF: Fielke, Brad Fisher, n.Caruso
C: Birss, Macreadie, Ezard
HB: Ben Fisher, A.Hartlett, Green
FB: Bricknell, Tippett, Feguson

R: Willits, Caire, Schmidt

INT: Laird, Hill, Crouch, Silverlock, Slattery

IN: A.Hartlett, Caire, Green, Brad Fisher, Beech, Schmidt, Fielke, Hill, Slattery, Nelson
OUT: Anderson, Thompson, Blessing, Bonney, Keogh, Still, Borholm (all omitted), Homburg (wrist)
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by C.K Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:30 pm

West Adelaide by 25-36.

That is a very imposing lineup at full strength and the wide open expanses of Football Park should suit them. Ignore their last three weeks, that was close to a reserves side at times.

Hard to knock the best team we have seen in SANFL for decades, but if Hardy is contained by Tippett, it's difficult to see where Centrals' goals will come from consistently.
C.K
C.K

Back to top Go down

Post by Oracle Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:37 pm

West's defence should restrict Central to under 10 goals on form. The Bloods have the side on paper to kick more than that.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:21 pm

West team

FF :
HF : B Fisher
C : Mcreadie
HB : F Caruso, Beech, N Caruso, Fielke, Ezard, Birss, Green, Hartlett
FB : Ferguson, Tippett, Bricknell, Nelson , Ben Fisher

RUCK : Willitts, Caire, Schmidt

INT : Laird, Hill, Slattery, Crouch
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:37 pm

The first three quarters saw some incredibly tight, enthralling, albeit low scoring, football, with Centrals dominating the first half of the quarter before West would kick a couple of late goals to enter each lead in front.

The last quarter though, after a Centrals goal in the opening minute, was all Westies as they completely overran Centrals, who rolled over and capitulated, allowing Westies to run away with a comfortable win.

The end of the game was marred by what I could only describe as disgraceful scenes by the Centrals players as a melee formed inside their 50, which left the umpires no option but to pretty much gift Westies the last goal of the game. In the last 10 minutes of the game, the players that pulled on a Centrals guernsey today disgraced themselves, disgraced their supporters, and disgraced their club with their on-field behaviour. I was completely and utterly ashamed of that carry-on late in the game, to the extent I was on the verge of walking out early in disgust.

Now Centrals are in uncharted territory of a first semi final against North (who have only recently pulled Centrals pants down), while Westies are just one step away from a Grand Final in the second semi against Norwood.

Is the dynasty over? One would say quite possibly based on the results of the past couple of weeks.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:56 pm

Brucetiki, 5RPH made mention of 1/4 time where the Gowans boys were standing in the middle of the ground arguiing with the umpires. Did this actually happen? The reason I ask is because I thought only a team's captain could talk to umpires during a break.

Very harsh words by yourself about the behaviour of the Central players. Having not seen the game, I have no idea what happened. Anything reportable or just a lot of pushing and shoving?

West must have been good today and Norwood have their work cut out for them next week. I only hope we remember how to play footy, it's been awhile Smile

Last edited by Adelaide Hawk on Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:01 pm

I didn't see that incident AH so can't comment on what happened there.

As for the last quarter incident - Life FM confirmed no reports came out of it so far (although a free initially awarded to West just outside Centrals 50 got brought to Westies goal square more or less), but I'm sure the IRP will be having a very busy day tomorrow deciphering the vision.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:35 pm

for the first time this century a team challenged by Central (in finals & in the third term) didn't buckle under pressure & although West wilted for about 10-15 minutes they wouldn't buckle & stood up to the challenge & it was Central that finally buckled in the last term, it was a great but defensive game, well done to Westies who are only 2 wins away from a flag
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next