mickyj
Lee
Westiesforever
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Admin
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Qualifying Final: Eagles v West - Sunday 15 September @ AAMI Stadium Empty Qualifying Final: Eagles v West - Sunday 15 September @ AAMI Stadium

Post by Admin Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:28 pm

Eagles v West

Sunday 15 September
AAMI Stadium

3:10pm

2013 Meetings
Round 2 @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval
Eagles 7.8.50
West 18.14.122

Round 15 @ City Mazda Stadium
West 13.9.87
Eagles 5.6.36

Round 23 @ City Mazda Stadium
West 11.6.72
Eagles 22.11.143

The 2013 Qualifying Final will be between two sides who are familiar with the Qualifying Final, with the Eagles playing in the 2011 Qualifying Final and West playing in the 2012 Qualifying Final.  Coincidentally, the sides played against each other last week, where the Eagles came out big winners over a depleted West side.

The Eagles started the season in some indifferent form, including a big loss to West in round 2.  However, they have started to gain momentum as the season went on, though Sturt became their bogey side as they lost to them twice at home.  Their late season form was very good, winning four of their last five (that loss being against Norwood) by an average winning margin of 62 points.  West started their season strongly, highlighted by their big win over the Eagles in round 2 followed by a 106 point win over South at Noarlunga, and their only blemish in the first 8 rounds being a loss to Norwood on ANZAC Day.  Once their Foxtel Cup campaign kicked in though, their form became more sporadic, with the focus perhaps more on the big prize money of the Foxtel Cup, however, they kept their spot in the top 3 relatively safe.  Their form in their last 5 matches is somewhat that of a flat track bully, with big wins over Sturt and South, a tight win over Port, and losses to fellow top 5 sides Centrals and the Eagles.  

Will the Eagles show that they can beat a full strength West side, or will the changes West bring in see them storm into the Second Semi Final.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Qualifying Final: Eagles v West - Sunday 15 September @ AAMI Stadium Empty Re: Qualifying Final: Eagles v West - Sunday 15 September @ AAMI Stadium

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:35 pm

Will West have all their players back this week R&B?
If so, I think the contest will be very different to last weekend.

A bit of "Freo" about Westies maybe. Big shellacking one week (with many outs) and good form the next perhaps?

I think I'd go West for this one.

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Qualifying Final: Eagles v West - Sunday 15 September @ AAMI Stadium Empty Re: Qualifying Final: Eagles v West - Sunday 15 September @ AAMI Stadium

Post by Westiesforever Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:39 pm

With Ferguson ,Silverlock , Schmidt , Macreadie, Webb, Fielke, Beech, hopefully Mangan , Tippett and Green back in (off the top of my head ) I hope we can return to the form we had both times we beat the eagles before yesterday's game . I think the we can after we did something similar in the last minor round game last year . Fingers crossed go bloods ! Very Happy
Westiesforever
Westiesforever

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:50 pm

Yes, they should be OK, Chambo.

When we're talking about damage to the integrity of our competition, the decisions of the AFL clubs affect that a lot.

The Eagles will have Salter, Thompson, Stewart (?) and others. West woukld have been awesome with Crouch, Laird and Porplyzia, but won't have any.

Not complaining, just making the point that in some ways, next year will be less compromised than this.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:17 pm

redandblack wrote:Yes, they should be OK, Chambo.

When we're talking about damage to the integrity of our competition, the decisions of the AFL clubs affect that a lot.

The Eagles will have Salter, Thompson, Stewart (?) and others.  West woukld have been awesome with Crouch, Laird and Porplyzia, but won't have any.

Not complaining, just making the point that in some ways, next year will be less compromised than this.
Yep eagles will have Salter Thompson Stewart (I think he will back in the AFL) Ellis Yoeman .
Personally think Salter and Thompson wont be on an AFL list next year but that's just my thoughts. And you lot were awesome with all your AFL listed players the first time the two teams played . Confused the hell out of me the second time when you RESTED players for the foxtel game .Blew the Eagles out of the water . Which is what the Eagles did on Sunday in a meaningless game where you handed the Eagles the double chance !! Does that mean you don't fear the eagles as much as say the dogs or the roosters
West thrash the Eagles like everyone is thinking Eagles get a second chance . That smells like 2011 if you ask me .

Any of those guys coming back Ruckman .Stats on sundays game was west won the hit outs by 2 . Not bad as the Eagles played one ruckman and ex west ruckman at that
Parry comes back this week a big improvement !!

Not saying the Eagles will win

Hope that the Eagles will !!
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:21 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:Will West have all their players back this week R&B?

A bit of "Freo" about Westies maybe. Big shellacking one week (with many outs) and good form the next perhaps?

I wonder if WEST don't rate the Eagles and handed them the double chance so they didnt have to face the Dogs or the Roosters !!
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:10 pm

mickyj wrote:
Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:Will West have all their players back this week R&B?

I wonder if WEST don't rate the Eagles and handed them the double chance so they didnt have to face the Dogs or the Roosters !!
Mickyj, i think West believe the Eagles are easier to beat than North or Central, i'm not sure they are correct but i do think West will bounce back and win
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:24 pm

mickyj wrote:

This time of year everyone rates everyone and a clubs approach would be to be prepared to have to beat any opponent. I don't for a second believe any club would drop a game to try and avoid an opponent. In Wests case it would have been pure list management and they were afforded the luxury by securing that opportunity for themselves.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:12 pm

That sims it up, Scrunch. It was more about resting players with 'niggles', than trying to avoid any perticular opponent.

Some of the 'outs' were decided very late in the piece, after final training. Whoever we had played, the line up would have been similar. In the finals you have to beat whoever you come up against, so no point in trying to meet a particular team.

Yes, Spelly. Daniel Webb is the ruckman who didn't play and his ruck form has been excellent. He'll have to contend with Parry, though.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:43 pm

mickyj wrote:
redandblack wrote:Yes, they should be OK, Chambo.

The Eagles will have Salter, Thompson, Stewart (?) and others.  West woukld have been awesome with Crouch, Laird and Porplyzia, but won't have any.

Yep eagles will have Salter Thompson Stewart (I think he will back in the AFL) Ellis Yoeman .
Personally think Salter and Thompson wont be on an AFL list next year but that's just my thoughts. And you lot were awesome with all your AFL listed players the first time the two teams played . Confused the hell out of me the second time when you RESTED players for the foxtel game .Blew the Eagles out of the water . Which is what the Eagles did on Sunday in a meaningless game where you handed the Eagles the double chance !! Does that mean you don't fear the eagles as much as say the dogs or the roosters
West thrash the Eagles like everyone is thinking Eagles get a second chance . That smells like 2011 if you ask me .

Any of those guys coming back Ruckman .Stats on sundays game was west won the hit outs by 2 . Not bad as the Eagles played one ruckman and ex west ruckman at that
Parry comes back this week a big improvement !!

Not saying the Eagles will win

Hope that the Eagles will !!
And of course I'll be wrong about the power players if the power lose !!
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:56 pm

F: Fielke, Still, Hartlett
HF: Silverlock, Keough, Birss
C: Hill, Schmidt, Beech
HB: Green, Mangan, Ferguson
B: Caire, Tippett, Thompson

R: Webb, Tuck, Macreadie
INT: Bricknell, Slattery, Bonney, Moran, R. Anderson

IN: Tippett, Ferguson, Schmidt, Webb, Macreadie, Green, Beech, Fielke, Silverlock, R. Anderson, Mangan
OUT: Rankine (knee), A. Anderson (ankle), Homburg, P. Nelson, Schiller, Kirk, Poynton, Dijksman, Favretto

brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:59 pm

That is possibly the best list of talent to make up an 'Ins' for one game I've seen.

Guarantees nothing, though.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Bundy Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:16 pm

Great to see Still staying at FF👏 Qualifying Final: Eagles v West - Sunday 15 September @ AAMI Stadium 1672671459 
Bundy
Bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:05 pm

West by 3-5 goals in a wet slog
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:53 pm

League – Eagles vs West Adelaide

Qualifying Final

Date: Sunday15th September 2013

Time: 3.10pm

Ground: AAMI Stadium

FF Mitchell Salter Sumner

HF Hall Ainger Staple

C Jarrad Lewis Goldsworthy

HB Batley Ellis-Yolmen Heath

FB Raymond Thompson Giuffreda

Ruck Parry Powell Kane

Interchange Von Bertouch Borholm Appleton
Allmond

Ins Parry Mitchell

Outs Stewart (AFL)
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:24 pm

If I had a hope of that side winning this week, we would have won last week by 20 goals.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:20 am

redandblack wrote:That sims it up, Scrunch.  It was more about resting players with 'niggles', than trying to avoid any perticular opponent.

Some of the 'outs' were decided very late in the piece, after final training.  Whoever we had played, the line up would have been similar.  In the finals you have to beat whoever you come up against, so no point in trying to meet a particular team.

Yes, Spelly. Daniel Webb is the ruckman who didn't play and his ruck form has been excellent.  He'll have to contend with Parry, though.
Just on this, it will be interesting to see how clubs handle the resting of players late in the season from next year on when a loss (like this) could cost a club a home final the following week
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:51 am

Yes, interesting point Scrunch. It might depend on a team's record at their opponent's ground. e.g. you'd probably be happier resting players if it means you have to play at Woodville, rather than say at Elizabeth.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:34 am

Flag No.9 wrote:Yes, interesting point Scrunch. It might depend on a team's record at their opponent's ground. e.g. you'd probably be happier resting players if it means you have to play at Woodville, rather than say at Elizabeth.
Yes good point. Either way I think it adds an additional, welcome, level of intrigue.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:01 pm

I this true ?
Because Port power were defeated by Geelong , that 2 Eagles players are now not allowed to play for Woodville West Torrens ?

Paul Stewart and Kane Mitchell will be unavailable ?
If Port Power had beaten Geelong they would have been allowed to play against West Adelaide on Sunday ?

More corrosion of a once proud SANFL as I used to know it
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:31 pm

I'm sure you are correct scrappy. Heard Godden talk about it last week
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:41 pm

Scrappy wrote:I this true ?
Because Port power were defeated by Geelong , that 2 Eagles players are now not allowed to play for Woodville West Torrens ?

If Port Power had beaten Geelong they would have been allowed to play against West Adelaide on Sunday ?

Whats the problem its happened in the past when the crows have made the finals AFL players are allowed to keep playing. Once the AFL team ends its season then the unqualified players stop playing !!!

Sorry whats the issue?
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpion Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:43 pm

Today's paper say's YES they can't play they have enough AFL players playing tomorrow

Thompson, Heath, Yolmen,Salter,
scorpion
scorpion

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:50 pm

scorpion wrote:Today's paper say's YES they can't play they have enough AFL players playing tomorrow

Thompson, Heath, Yolmen,Salter,
They've all qualified Scorps next year they'll be playing against the Eagles !! Those who aren't delisted !!
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:03 pm

mickyj wrote:
Scrappy wrote:I this true ?

Whats the problem its happened in the past when the crows have made the finals AFL players are allowed to keep playing. Once the AFL team ends its season then the unqualified players stop playing !!!

Sorry whats the issue?
The issue is the 2 players involved
The issue is more or less Rafferty's Rules
Those 2 guys had a chance to play in both games at the start of the week
Then they didn't get to play in any game at all:oops: 
Spare a thought for the 2 players
They went into a Lottery
Power win they play against West Adelaide
Power lose they don't play against West Adelaide

If I was either player it is an issue

But them's the rules MJ, another AFL interruption to the players, the coach , the selectors etc etc
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum