mickyj
Captain Centrals
Lee
howthewestwaswon
Admin
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Elimination Final: North v Eagles - Sunday 16 September, 12:10pm @ AAMI Stadium Empty Elimination Final: North v Eagles - Sunday 16 September, 12:10pm @ AAMI Stadium

Post by Admin Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:43 pm

Elimination Final: North v Eagles - Sunday 16 September, 12:10pm @ AAMI Stadium North V Elimination Final: North v Eagles - Sunday 16 September, 12:10pm @ AAMI Stadium Eagles_logo

Sunday 16 September
AAMI Stadium
12:10pm

Broadcast: ABC1, Life FM, 5RPH, ABC Radio Adelaide, 5AA

2012 encounters:
Round 5: North 17.9.121 d Eagles 5.12.42 (Prospect Oval)
Round 12: Eagles 16.11.107 d North 9.8.62 (Unleash Solar Oval)
Round 20: Eagles 20.14.137 d North 6.6.42 (Unleash Solar Oval)

North are coming off a big win over Centrals at Elizabeth, while the Eagles have miraculously made the finals with their solid win over West. None of the encounters between the sides have been close, with North belting the Eagles in round 5 with the Eagles smacking North in round 12 and 20. Which side will live to fight another day?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Elimination Final: North v Eagles - Sunday 16 September, 12:10pm @ AAMI Stadium Empty Re: Elimination Final: North v Eagles - Sunday 16 September, 12:10pm @ AAMI Stadium

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:52 pm

Eagles by 2-3 goals for me.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Elimination Final: North v Eagles - Sunday 16 September, 12:10pm @ AAMI Stadium Empty Re: Elimination Final: North v Eagles - Sunday 16 September, 12:10pm @ AAMI Stadium

Post by Lee Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:16 pm

Last time they played, it was over in 10 minutes, but I think North have a better side now and will get up.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Centrals Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:37 pm

North and Eagles haven't met in finals since 2009 when the Eagles triumphed in the Elimination Final.

North have lost their last 2 finals appearances. The last time they lost 3 in a row was back in 1967.

The Eagles have won their last 3 finals appearances. The Eagles have never won 4 finals in a row.

The Eagles have never been beaten in an Elimination Final; They've played in 4 so far: 1996, 2002, 2009, 2010.

Not much between these sides with 3 wins each over their last 6 encounters. Could be an interesting one.
Captain Centrals
Captain Centrals

Teams : Centrals, Rangers, Villa
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:27 pm

go eagles all the way from fifth spot !!!
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:50 pm

I think North have the team to win this game, but I just cannot select North with any confidence. I think whoever gets an early ascendancy will win the game, and that team may be Eagles by 22 points.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by bayman Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:40 pm

North have had key players out in their previous 2 meetings, with most of them back i feel North will have too much pace for wwt on sunday
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:36 pm

FF Hall Grocke Shirley
HF Knights Staple Goldsworthy
C Jarrad Lewis Joyce
HB Raymond McKenzie Day
FB Giuffreda Grieger B Sumner
Ruck Parry Powell Rowntree
Interchange Cicolella Rae Lane Culley Fitzgerald
Ins Parry Lane Giuffreda
Outs T.Sumner
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Mongrel Punter Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:40 pm

The Eagles and Roosters meet up for the 4th time this year. In their first encounter, the Roosters walloped the Eagles, but the Eagles were underdone and undermanned. Later in the year, the story was reversed, with the Roosters having key players missing. This game should be good with hard running football by both parties. The Roosters lose Clinch in some mysterious circumstances, where he apparently licked Gowans within an inch of his life, and Gowans didn't lay a glove on him (the photos of Clinch after the game show some strange markings obviously made by sharp grass). Clisby returns to replace him. The Eagles get Parry back and will lift the side. It could go either way. Both teams have strong midfields and powerful forwards, and rebounding backlines. It may just get down to experience, and those who know me will tell you that I predicted that the Eagles would make the final 5 even after their poor start. I think it might be a close game, but the Eagles to get home due to their finals' experience, knowing how to play tough football at the right end of the year.
Mongrel Punter
Mongrel Punter

My club : north

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:53 pm

North Adelaide

FF: Amato, Alleway, Boras
HF: Ryswyk, Johnston, Mayes
C: Gallman, Allan, Thompson
HB: Clisby, Miles, Thring
FB: Keller, Dalwood, Ivens

R: Currie, Bennett, Thring

Int: Craig, Shannon, Thiele, Conners, Kangur

In: Connors, Clisby, Boras
Out: Clinch (suspended)

Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Country Cock ! Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:25 pm

Surely we deserve to win this alot more than the other mob, it would be terrible for sanfl footy if they scrape in to the finals when they dont deserve to be there and win !

Even people from their area where i live, at Moonta agree !!!! Elimination Final: North v Eagles - Sunday 16 September, 12:10pm @ AAMI Stadium 4257781809
Country Cock !
Country Cock !

Teams : The Cocks !

Back to top Go down

Post by C.K Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:28 pm

North by 13-24.

Eventually, playing virtual Elimination Finals every week for some weeks catches up with a team, and think this may be the Eagles' issue.
C.K
C.K

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:33 pm

Country Cock ! wrote:Surely we deserve to win this alot more than the other mob, it would be terrible for sanfl footy if they scrape in to the finals when they dont deserve to be there and win !

Even people from their area where i live, at Moonta agree !!!! Elimination Final: North v Eagles - Sunday 16 September, 12:10pm @ AAMI Stadium 4257781809

i think that is very harsh, Wwt ran fifth at the end of the home & away season, so they deserve to be there...perhaps you are more 'scared' of them than you were for Glenelg or Port......as for the game i think North will win
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Country Cock ! Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:37 pm

bayman wrote:
Country Cock ! wrote:Surely we deserve to win this alot more than the other mob, it would be terrible for sanfl footy if they scrape in to the finals when they dont deserve to be there and win !

i think that is very harsh, Wwt ran fifth at the end of the home & away season, so they deserve to be there...perhaps you are more 'scared' of them than you were for Glenelg or Port......as for the game i think North will win

So you think they deseve finishing in the finals, scratch after being bottom most of the year
Country Cock !
Country Cock !

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:45 pm

they won more games than the teams below them & finished one game behind the fourth placed team, so that tells me over the season they deserve to be there, have a look at the others Glenelg won 2 of its last 9 (or something like that) Port couldn't beat the bottom team at home last week to have a chance at making it plus they couldn't even beat Morningside at Footy Park earlier in the year Embarassed
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Country Cock ! Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:18 pm

Surely Glenelg deserve it more, being in the top 5 for 92% of the time and knocked out and replaced with the Eagles in the 2nd last round of the year, i mean surely, blind freddy could or would agree and that Einstein bloke too, Der ! Rolling Eyes scratch Elimination Final: North v Eagles - Sunday 16 September, 12:10pm @ AAMI Stadium 1344700888
Country Cock !
Country Cock !

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:55 pm

Country Cock ! wrote:Surely Glenelg deserve it more, being in the top 5 for 92% of the time and knocked out and replaced with the Eagles in the 2nd last round of the year, i mean surely, blind freddy could or would agree and that Einstein bloke too, Der ! Rolling Eyes scratch Elimination Final: North v Eagles - Sunday 16 September, 12:10pm @ AAMI Stadium 1344700888

Sounds like a typical north fan .
What happened before the finals counts for nothing !
The real season starts this weekend !
If the Eagles lose so be it accept the fact they made the finals.Otherwise your mob will finish fifth !
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:00 pm

Country Cock ! wrote:Surely Glenelg deserve it more, being in the top 5 for 92% of the time and knocked out and replaced with the Eagles in the 2nd last round of the year, i mean surely, blind freddy could or would agree and that Einstein bloke too, Der ! Rolling Eyes scratch Elimination Final: North v Eagles - Sunday 16 September, 12:10pm @ AAMI Stadium 1344700888

A very nervous North supporter IMO. Coming out with excuses already? Wink
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by Country Cock ! Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:45 am

Nup, still can't get my point across can i ?

Talking over the whole year about how Glenelg deserve to be there and Not the Eagles !

Surely ya cant be that dumb, when one team replaces the other one, 2nd last round of the year and say they deserve to be there surely No

And why would a North supporter be worried etc, im going there not expecting to win against the so called superstar, so called best team in the comp !

They way they are talking it up and their supporters, its just a matter of rolling up,they have already WON it Elimination Final: North v Eagles - Sunday 16 September, 12:10pm @ AAMI Stadium 3021091443
Country Cock !
Country Cock !

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:36 am

Country Cock ! wrote:Nup, still can't get my point across can i ?

Talking over the whole year about how Glenelg deserve to be there and Not the Eagles !

Surely ya cant be that dumb, when one team replaces the other one, 2nd last round of the year and say they deserve to be there surely No

And why would a North supporter be worried etc, im going there not expecting to win against the so called superstar, so called best team in the comp !

They way they are talking it up and their supporters, its just a matter of rolling up,they have already WON it Elimination Final: North v Eagles - Sunday 16 September, 12:10pm @ AAMI Stadium 3021091443

No offence but I'm reading the net SA Footy The Roost .And North seem far more upbeat about winning this game than the Eagles do on the Eagles nest.
And if you read SA Footy at least two Eagles fans have said the eagles dont deserve to be there!!
Me on the other hand I'm hoping for a win .You have Alleway playing he always troubles the Eagles !
But its the finals different game different everything .Once you make the finals anything can happen . Look at sydney last week and Fremantle last night !

If the Eagles didnt deserve to be in the finals .Why and how did they beat every team above them excluding Norwood and Centrals to make the five !
OK so they did a Bradbury or in other words the other teams fell over and let the Eagles in .
Doesn't matter Eagles are in and facing North !!!
With a ruckman this time Wink
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Country Cock ! Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:45 am

That means we will/should get done by even more now Sad
Country Cock !
Country Cock !

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:29 am

mickyj wrote:And if you read SA Footy at least two Eagles fans have said the eagles dont deserve to be there!!

That's what you get for reading SA Footy Smile
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by spell_check Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:17 pm

What if we ended up in fifth position with the same wins/losses/percentage, but instead of the season starting with 5 losses and finishing with 5 wins out of 6, it was the other way around?

Does that deserve finals footy, just because of the good start of the season enabled a spot in the five right throughout the minor round but with the record being the same with 9 wins 11 losses and 47.11%?
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum