mickyj
Captain Centrals
Lee
howthewestwaswon
Admin
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Elimination Final: North v Eagles - Sunday 16 September, 12:10pm @ AAMI Stadium - Page 2 Empty Re: Elimination Final: North v Eagles - Sunday 16 September, 12:10pm @ AAMI Stadium

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:52 pm

I'm not sure what the argument is here, but there's a final 5. The teams who finish the minor round in the top 5 spots deserve to be playing finals.

I recall in 1971, when it was a top 4, Norwood won the first 6 games of the season and were top. We faded badly winning only 4 of our final 15 games, falling from the top 4 in the second last round.

Central came home with a wet sail and won 8 or their final 9 minor round games and squeezed Norwood out in round 20. Central deserved to play finals for one reason .... they finished above Norwood at the end of the minor round.

Simple as that really.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Elimination Final: North v Eagles - Sunday 16 September, 12:10pm @ AAMI Stadium - Page 2 Empty Re: Elimination Final: North v Eagles - Sunday 16 September, 12:10pm @ AAMI Stadium

Post by mickyj Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:34 pm

Adelaide Hawk wrote:
mickyj wrote:And if you read SA Footy at least two Eagles fans have said the eagles dont deserve to be there!!

That's what you get for reading SA Footy Smile

notice i said read and not post Laughing
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:40 am

Country Cock ! wrote:Nup, still can't get my point across can i ?

Talking over the whole year about how Glenelg deserve to be there and Not the Eagles !

Surely ya cant be that dumb, when one team replaces the other one, 2nd last round of the year and say they deserve to be there surely No

And why would a North supporter be worried etc, im going there not expecting to win against the so called superstar, so called best team in the comp !

They way they are talking it up and their supporters, its just a matter of rolling up,they have already WON it Elimination Final: North v Eagles - Sunday 16 September, 12:10pm @ AAMI Stadium - Page 2 3021091443

Surely ya can't be that dumb, Eagles won games when it mattered most, Glenelg shat itself. Eagles saw an opportunity, never gave up and took it. They deserve to be there, just as any clubs that make it to the GF will deserve to be there, regardless of their ladder position. End of argument. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Sleep Sleep Sleep
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:57 am

Country Cock ! wrote:Surely ya cant be that dumb, when one team replaces the other one, 2nd last round of the year and say they deserve to be there surely No

Tell me this. In a 100 metre sprint, who wins the race? The guy who led for the first 90 metres, or the the one who chests the line first? In the Melbourne Cup, who wins the race? The horse leading them into the straight, or the one who gets its nose over the line first?

The SANFL minor round is a race over 24 rounds. At its completion, it's the teams who cross the line in the first five spots who go to the finals. I'm really not sure of the point you are trying to make.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:11 am

spot on analogies there AH, i can't believe CC is so adamant in this, Wwt won more games than Glenelg, Port etc so deserve to be there, one would think CC thinks his team can't beat Wwt but would beat both Glenelg & Port easily
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:01 pm

I saw this game, very entertaining. Why is it the Elimination Final is usually the better game of the two?

When North get their game together they are a very good side and must be frustrating for their supporters as they never know what they are going to get.

I give them a very good chance next week, dependant on the outcome of a leg injury sustained by James Allan early in the final term.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:30 pm

waddayamean wrote:I'd be surprised if 10,000 are there today. Looks terrible on TV with so many empty seats .

Just over 7000 - and no seat covers. A terrible crowd IMO

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:55 pm

a great game of open running footy, i suspect that CC is relieved to win, i thought North looked more polished going forward & isn't Bennett going to be a great player ?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:16 pm

waddayamean wrote:Play the finals at glenelg . Gives the bays a chance to win a final . Time for 2 finals at different venues home side gets the final .plus they benefit out if bar takings etc . Opposition clubs can bring in their merchandise stuff to and I think crowds would increase a bit plus it would look so much better on TV.

wadda,
if you don't make it in the first place you can't have a chance anyway, as for the rest the first part i disagree as a football purist like me couldn't get to both games if played at the same time & Port were the only team to send their merchandise caravan to other venues (apart from Adelaide Oval) but this has stopped, don't know why though & yes the crowd would look great at the smaller suburban ovals.....then again if it was today would West have still beaten Central ? so play them at Thebarton or Wayville
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Country Cock ! Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:41 pm

bayman wrote:a great game of open running footy, i suspect that CC is relieved to win, i thought North looked more polished going forward & isn't Bennett going to be a great player ?

Sure am ! Elimination Final: North v Eagles - Sunday 16 September, 12:10pm @ AAMI Stadium - Page 2 1920501681

Better not say to much or i'll cause trouble again, especially like they said on Radio that North DESERVE, yes deserve to Win since they have been there in the 5 all year and the other Mob just scraped in after being bottom all year Rolling Eyes

Will people disagree with this one now too Elimination Final: North v Eagles - Sunday 16 September, 12:10pm @ AAMI Stadium - Page 2 1344700888 Elimination Final: North v Eagles - Sunday 16 September, 12:10pm @ AAMI Stadium - Page 2 2103167551 Elimination Final: North v Eagles - Sunday 16 September, 12:10pm @ AAMI Stadium - Page 2 2678737410
Country Cock !
Country Cock !

Teams : The Cocks !
My club : north

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:44 pm

North "deserved" to win because they played the better footy.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:50 pm

Country Cock ! wrote:
bayman wrote:a great game of open running footy, i suspect that CC is relieved to win, i thought North looked more polished going forward & isn't Bennett going to be a great player ?

Sure am ! Elimination Final: North v Eagles - Sunday 16 September, 12:10pm @ AAMI Stadium - Page 2 1920501681

Better not say to much or i'll cause trouble again, especially like they said on Radio that North DESERVE, yes deserve to Win since they have been there in the 5 all year and the other Mob just scraped in after being bottom all year Rolling Eyes

Will people disagree with this one now too Elimination Final: North v Eagles - Sunday 16 September, 12:10pm @ AAMI Stadium - Page 2 1344700888 Elimination Final: North v Eagles - Sunday 16 September, 12:10pm @ AAMI Stadium - Page 2 2103167551 Elimination Final: North v Eagles - Sunday 16 September, 12:10pm @ AAMI Stadium - Page 2 2678737410

Yes. We should just hand the cup over to Norwood as they sit top of the ladder with only 2 losses, so they DESERVE it. We can end your season and mine too if you'd just agree with your own logic... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Back to top Go down

Post by Country Cock ! Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:09 pm

What and your mob deserves it more then Shocked

Give your mob the cup then affraid

So teams don't deserve to win more than others or to be in certain positions for reasons then Elimination Final: North v Eagles - Sunday 16 September, 12:10pm @ AAMI Stadium - Page 2 294855916
Country Cock !
Country Cock !

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:07 pm

Country Cock ! wrote:What and your mob deserves it more then Shocked

So teams don't deserve to win more than others or to be in certain positions for reasons then Elimination Final: North v Eagles - Sunday 16 September, 12:10pm @ AAMI Stadium - Page 2 294855916

Afraid so. We finished higher on the ladder than you. Razz Razz Razz

Unfortunately though, by your logic, we don't deserve to win it, because Central finished higher than us. But guess what?? Central don't deserve to win it either, because Norwood finished above them. So we might as well give them the flag now and go on holiday...

...but wait, apparently the Cocklovers deserve to play off in a Grand Final because...oh wait, they don't! What a Face
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Back to top Go down

Post by Country Cock ! Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:12 pm

howthewestwaswon wrote:
Country Cock ! wrote:What and your mob deserves it more then Shocked

Afraid so. We finished higher on the ladder than you. Razz Razz Razz

Unfortunately though, by your logic, we don't deserve to win it, because Central finished higher than us. But guess what?? Central don't deserve to win it either, because Norwood finished above them. So we might as well give them the flag now and go on holiday...

...but wait, apparently the Cocklovers deserve to play off in a Grand Final because...oh wait, they don't! What a Face

Oh hang on, yes we do deserve it, lot more so than the Blood licking mob, maybee because we always beat your mob, which makes us better tongue

But your mob can't deserve it more than ours, because you defy logic that your team finished higher on the ladder and deserves it more than ours cheers

Next thing is you will be talking Premierships, when you shouldn't even be in the finals, you play crap style of footy and we don't, we deseve it and you don't !

So there Elimination Final: North v Eagles - Sunday 16 September, 12:10pm @ AAMI Stadium - Page 2 1707509332

All problems solvered Elimination Final: North v Eagles - Sunday 16 September, 12:10pm @ AAMI Stadium - Page 2 2988561446
Country Cock !
Country Cock !

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:09 pm

The more I read your argument, the less it makes sense... Laughing Laughing
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Back to top Go down

Post by Country Cock ! Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:22 pm

howthewestwaswon wrote:The more I read your argument, the less it makes sense... Laughing Laughing

It should make more sense by now, not less, can't explain anymore, i give up !!!!! study
Country Cock !
Country Cock !

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:26 pm

CC,
while i don't agree with what you posted i suggest you just worry about this week now Wink
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Country Cock ! Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:50 pm

bayman wrote:CC,
while i don't agree with what you posted i suggest you just worry about this week now Wink

Got nothing to worry about this week though Elimination Final: North v Eagles - Sunday 16 September, 12:10pm @ AAMI Stadium - Page 2 2678737410
Country Cock !
Country Cock !

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2