The Wrap Up: Glenelg v Eagles @ Gliderol Stadium

+4
mickyj
the prowler
Ben W
Admin
8 posters

Go down

The Wrap Up: Glenelg v Eagles @ Gliderol Stadium Empty The Wrap Up: Glenelg v Eagles @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by Admin Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:01 pm

Glenelg 1.4 3.5 3.8 3.8.26
Eagles 3.1 6.5 8.6 10.10.70

The Eagles continue Glenelg's woes with a comprehensive win at the Bay. How dominant were the Eagles? Where will Glenelg's next win come from?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Wrap Up: Glenelg v Eagles @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Re: The Wrap Up: Glenelg v Eagles @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by Ben W Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:58 pm

If Glenelg get another game at Hickenbotham that will most likely play them back into form!
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

The Wrap Up: Glenelg v Eagles @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Re: The Wrap Up: Glenelg v Eagles @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by the prowler Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:33 pm

Hang about Ben, its our job to keep them on the bottom!!!.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:33 pm

Was a shocking day to be sitting in the outer yesterday !!! Umpiring was its normal shocking at times or was it just one umpire ?
But Eagles battled through and if not for some funny frees bays would have kicked less than 3 goals . Have to be happy with the young Eagles that came in .
Good win in shocking conditions !!
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:26 pm

composure, decision making & skill level the huge differences in the match.....i learnt one thing yesterday & that was taking an umbrella to the footy doesn't guarantee staying dry !!!
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:35 pm

mickyj wrote:Was a shocking day to be sitting in the outer yesterday !!! Umpiring was its normal shocking at times or was it just one umpire ?
But Eagles battled through and if not for some funny frees bays would have kicked less than 3 goals . Have to be happy with the young Eagles that came in .

Funny frees? I cant recall any Bay goals from free kicks.

It was a tough game all round and better skills and bigger bodies won it.

Perhaps it is time to have an emergency reserve like the AFL. Once Button went down to what looked like a blatant knee to the face the Bays were one sub short for almost 3 quarters. In a slog like that it can become significant.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:36 pm

UncleHuey wrote:
mickyj wrote:Was a shocking day to be sitting in the outer yesterday !!! Umpiring was its normal shocking at times or was it just one umpire ?

Perhaps it is time to have an emergency reserve like the AFL. Once Button went down to what looked like a blatant knee to the face the Bays were one sub short for almost 3 quarters. In a slog like that it can become significant.

well if you think that huey you need glasses but then you are the easy beats of the sanfl help from the umpires to help a shocking score line !!
lets also say a few bays players can wiggle the body and throw the head back if they've been touched or not .so any bad umpire can pay a free !!

And where were the bays fans not on the far side of the oval !!
Which had been ripped up and mainly was mud !!
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:56 pm

we were on the outer side Mickyj, however we were clearly outnumbered
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:39 pm

bayman wrote:we were on the outer side Mickyj, however we were clearly outnumbered

funny never thought id see that at an Eagles game it does happen from time to time .
I think all of us were soaked from the rain
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Harpo Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:17 pm

bayman wrote:composure, decision making & skill level the huge differences in the match.....i learnt one thing yesterday & that was taking an umbrella to the footy doesn't guarantee staying dry !!!

bayman, sitting in the grandstand does garrantee staying dry Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Wink
Harpo
Harpo

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:44 pm

mickyj wrote:
UncleHuey wrote:

well if you think that huey you need glasses but then you are the easy beats of the sanfl help from the umpires to help a shocking score line !!
lets also say a few bays players can wiggle the body and throw the head back if they've been touched or not .so any bad umpire can pay a free !!

The view must be different from the mud trenches of the Somme:D 
Don't know whose bright idea it was to rip up the embankment in the middle of winter but most Bay supporters retreated to the grandstand or the hill.

We got a couple of easy ones after Parry put his knee into Buttons head and then spent several minutes complaining to the umpire about the most obvious free I've seen all season. But that happens as even the Eagles supporters in the grandstand were saying. Umpires are human, and if you are going to give them a mouthful after being pinged for giving away an obvious free while the player you hit is still on the ground in front of you, it is only to be expected that you probably wont get the benefit of the doubt next time.
Lets also say that a few eagles players weren't that concerned about which part of the body they tackled!!
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:57 pm

UncleHuey wrote:
mickyj wrote:
UncleHuey wrote:

The view must be different from the mud trenches of the Somme:D 
Don't know whose bright idea it was to rip up the embankment in the middle of winter but most Bay supporters retreated to the grandstand or the hill.

We got a couple of easy ones after Parry put his knee into Buttons head and then spent several minutes complaining to the umpire about the most obvious free I've seen all season. But that happens as even the Eagles supporters in the grandstand were saying. Umpires are human, and if you are going to give them a mouthful after being pinged for giving away an obvious free while the player you hit is still on the ground in front of you, it is only to be expected that you probably wont get the benefit of the doubt next time.
Lets also say that a few eagles players weren't that concerned about which part of the body they tackled!!

Will concede Parry that was stupid IMHO .didn't realise he was back chating !!
Totally agree with you as why did they put those signs up in winter .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:17 pm

You didn't realise Parry was back chatting? lol! 

He doesn't shut up!!
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:26 pm

Booney wrote:You didn't realise Parry was back chatting? lol! 

He doesn't shut up!!

Well the rain was hitting me in the face at the time Laughing 
He may have been stunned booney he got so high his knee got the bloke under the chin .

End of the day glenelgs score was **** magpies score was **** and Sturts score was **** . Surely there is not that much gap in the SANFL Sturt beat the Eagles last week !!
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down