waddayamean
UncleHuey
Booney
William
blueandwhite
Brucetiki
10 posters

Go down

Round 7: Glenelg v Eagles - Friday 6 May @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Round 7: Glenelg v Eagles - Friday 6 May @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by Brucetiki Mon May 02, 2016 7:19 pm

Glenelg (8th 1-4 49.83%) v Eagles (5th 3-2 52.57%)
Friday 6 May
Gliderol Stadium

Reserves: 4:30pm
League: 7:10pm

Glenelg showed maybe they're not as improving as hoped in their loss to North, while the Eagles had the week off. Will Glenelg shine under the Gliderol lights, or will the Eagles inflict more misery on Glenelg?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 7: Glenelg v Eagles - Friday 6 May @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Re: Round 7: Glenelg v Eagles - Friday 6 May @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by blueandwhite Tue May 03, 2016 9:48 pm

Eagles by 21 pts.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Round 7: Glenelg v Eagles - Friday 6 May @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Re: Round 7: Glenelg v Eagles - Friday 6 May @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by William Thu May 05, 2016 10:49 am

Good to see a Friday night match at Glenelg, Eagles by about 5 goals, Having said this I don't think the Eagles have a great record in night matches, not that we play many?
William
William

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Thu May 05, 2016 1:16 pm

Bays by 11 points.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Thu May 05, 2016 1:35 pm

Eagles at the end by a goal. A five day break will be the difference on a heavy track
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu May 05, 2016 2:03 pm

William wrote:Good to see a Friday night match at Glenelg, Eagles by about 5 goals, Having said this I don't think the Eagles have a great record in night matches, not that we play many?

I think you may find most have been against Norwood at Norwood Eagles won most I think .

Eagles hopefully
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu May 05, 2016 5:33 pm

EAGLES
Woodville-West Torrens is sweating on the availability of co-captain Pat Giuffreda for Friday night’s clash against Glenelg at Gliderol Stadium.
Giuffreda is nervously waiting to learn when he will be at the birth of his child as his partner is due to be induced on Friday.
‘’It will all depend on how quickly the little one decides to come out,’’ Eagles football manager Luke Powell said.
‘’We fully support Pat wishing to be at the birth of his child as family takes priority in this situation.’’
Triple Ken Farmer Medallist and premiership wingman Scott Lewis will miss the game with hamstring issues, Wundke unlikely to play again until after the West End State match on May 29.
Defenders Aseri Raikiwasa and Nathan Batley have been called into the 23-man squad as cover for Giuffreda while star midfielder Nick O’Brien returns after missing the ANZAC Day match.
Forward Tom Whittlesea looms as the most logical replacement for Wundke, who strained his hamstring at training last week.

League
F: McGregor, Redden, Gaffney
HF: Boyd, Von Bertouch, Rowland
C: Hall, N. Hayes, Allmond
HB: Goldsworthy, Jarrad, Woods
B: P. Raymond, Thompson, Giuffreda

R: Borholm, Petrenko, Poole
INT: O’Brien, Ainger, Whittlesea, Batley, Raikiwasa
IN: O’Brien, Whittlesea, Batley, Raikiwasa
OUT: Wundke (hamstring), Lewis (hamstring)

Reserves
F: Comitogianni, Cox, L. Hayes
HF: Smith, Firns, Press
C: M. Raymond, B. Ellis, Westbrook
HB: G. Ellis, Summerton, Sinor
B: Elsworthy, Heinjus, Georgeson

R: J. Hayes, Appleton, Yarran
INT: McPherson
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by BloodnTars Fri May 06, 2016 4:15 pm

Eagles by 5 goals
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat May 07, 2016 5:16 am

Honestly I have no clue how the Eagles won and Glenelg lost . I was there .
Another game won by winning one quarter of footy .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Sat May 07, 2016 8:08 am

It was a tight contested arm wrestle for 3 quarters...eagles skills were poor at times...but the game opened up in the last quarter and Eagles got on top....it was a good win...
MichaelScott
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat May 07, 2016 8:15 am

MichaelScott wrote:It was a tight contested arm wrestle for 3 quarters...eagles skills were poor at times...but the game opened up in the last quarter and Eagles got on top....it was a good win...

I dont want to name any players of the eagles that came up i do wonder if they selected the right ones
Was nice to see a lot of the Hayes clan playing wellin in seconds and league
Obrien is a tall or large midfielder
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sat May 07, 2016 9:15 am

I haven't seen any of the Eagles this year, but to me they are displaying hallmarks of a club with huge Premiership hopes. Low key, managing players yet still finding ways to win, hoping to peak at the right time this season. Expect they'll steadily ramp up their form and hit straps in the back half of the season.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat May 07, 2016 10:30 am

Scrunch wrote:I haven't seen any of the Eagles this year, but to me they are displaying hallmarks of a club with huge Premiership hopes. Low key, managing players yet still finding ways to win, hoping to peak at the right time this season. Expect they'll steadily ramp up their form and hit straps in the back half of the season.

Well said Scrunch you may well be correct .
As my eldest said last night Eagles are doing what top sides do win but only do things when they need to .
I'm hoping they improve later in the year

I do think the bay's have improved greatly but just speed doesn't always win
Yes they held up the Eagles but the Eagles kept coming .
Speed pace are great but you need more than that to win
Snouts louts tried hard they certainly helped the Umpires in one section lol
Eagles fans can see the huge improvements needed
But can also see the juniors coming through the seconds
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down