The Wrap Up: Round 1 Glenelg v Sturt @ Gliderol Stadium

4 posters

Go down

The Wrap Up: Round 1 Glenelg v Sturt @ Gliderol Stadium Empty The Wrap Up: Round 1 Glenelg v Sturt @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by Brucetiki Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:19 pm

Glenelg 2.0 4.1 6.3 6.5.41
Sturt 4.2 5.4 8.7 12.12.84

Glenelg's form from 2013 continued into the opening match of 2014 with Sturt running away comfortable winners under the Gliderol Stadium lights.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

The Wrap Up: Round 1 Glenelg v Sturt @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Re: The Wrap Up: Round 1 Glenelg v Sturt @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by countrycousin Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:48 pm

It's a funny game football. Certainly trial game form becomes meaningless, when the points are up for grabs. Naturally I'm very happy. Just one game of course, but a good way to start.  Very Happy 
countrycousin
countrycousin

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

The Wrap Up: Round 1 Glenelg v Sturt @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Re: The Wrap Up: Round 1 Glenelg v Sturt @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by bayman Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:02 am

disappointing to say the least, the nucleus is there, they just need a bit of time to gel, the coach made the early move to put Wazza on Duldid & this quelled his influence & got us back into the game however no sooner had we clawed our way to the lead, we then meekly capitulated kicking 2 points to about 7 goals (from memory), young Scott has to be more disciplined in the future & i was impressed with Muir after Coad decked him to have a go backgo back on the half time siren & Alleway to have a go at him a bit earlier than that Coad is a gifted footballer & there is no need for him to elbow a player when the ball is getting thrown up in the centre & they were on the wing, we all saw what he can do when he plays the ball after half time, Sturt found space not all the time but enough of the time while Glenelg had no space to work with at all during the night which tells me Sturt worked harder & for longer than Glenelg did & deserved their win
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:05 am

ps, while some supporters are all ''doom & gloom'' after one match (read snoutslouts) we would have learned a lesson & would expect to get Bradley, Allen & Hender back into the team over the next few weeks

Last edited by bayman on Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by maddawg Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:49 pm

Pretty dissapointed with the game plan of the bays, seemed to get themselves into trouble with the over use of the ball. Saying that great atmosphere at Bay oval last night. Great to have Friday night footy at Glenelg.
maddawg
maddawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum