Scrappy
waddayamean
10 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The wrap up - Port V Eagles Empty Re: The wrap up - Port V Eagles

Post by Scrappy Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:22 pm

Very good game of football
Well worth the admission , whatever it is to get in these days.

Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:37 pm

Scrappy wrote:Very good game of football
Well worth the admission , whatever it is to get in these days.

Eagles final winning margin was 11 points
That was the equal highest differential in the game
PA 0-3
EG 2-2

PA 13.9
EG 14.14

At one stage from early in the 3rd quarter to about the middle of the last quarter there were 10 goals scored , goal for goal
From
PA 7-6
EG 6.8
Eagles scored a goal to be 2 points up and that started the 10 goal , goal for goal sequence
It ended at
PA12.8
EG 11.13

The lead changed 16 times in this match
6 times in the first half
10 times in the second half

Fantastic entertainment in perhaps the last game PA V EG match , as we know them now

Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:23 pm

speaking of admission, Scrappy i used my Glenelg season pass as we had a bye (thankfully) this week but i noticed & full credit to Port for dropping the $14.00 back to $10.00 with $3.00 for concession to entice a bigger crowd The wrap up - Port V Eagles Sam_0313
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:25 pm

as for the game it was a highly entertaining battle between two committed teams, i think the loss of Ebert just before half time & the Eagles experience in the last term were the main differences between the teams
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Harpo Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:07 pm

bayman wrote:speaking of admission, Scrappy i used my Glenelg season pass as we had a bye (thankfully) this week but i noticed & full credit to Port for dropping the $14.00 back to $10.00 with $3.00 for concession to entice a bigger crowd The wrap up - Port V Eagles Sam_0313

Nice to see PA do that Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
Harpo
Harpo

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:19 pm

what was the Port skipper thinking in the last minute or so of the match ? why would you 'snot' someone at that stage of the match ?

the obvious answer would be frustration but usually he is a better & smarter player than that

hopefully he gets a reprimand
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:22 pm

bayman wrote:what was the Port skipper thinking in the last minute or so of the match ? why would you 'snot' someone at that stage of the match ?

the obvious answer would be frustration but usually he is a better & smarter player than that

Not the first time he has done 'stupid' things like that, Bayman. I suspect he has runs on the board and may miss a week, after their bye...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:47 pm

Big Phil wrote:
bayman wrote:what was the Port skipper thinking in the last minute or so of the match ? why would you 'snot' someone at that stage of the match ?

Not the first time he has done 'stupid' things like that, Bayman. I suspect he has runs on the board and may miss a week, after their bye...

I hope he does for the low blow he gave bomber !!

And someone please tell me why so many 50 metres were handed out and this one only got a report !!
Mind you I hope the Eagles report one of the umpires for being either blatantly bias towards port or shockingly bad it wasn't funny .
I saw one umpire put his whistle to his mouth and not blow it when an Eagle player was smacked in the back of his head !!
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:49 pm

What a game the Eagles play so very well against the "FORM" side of the comp
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:39 pm

Port were the 'FORM' team of the comp, based on who they had beaten over the last month of footy, Micky. The Eagles were a bit up and down but certainly had a strong, character building win today.

Was in the victorious rooms post game and listened to Godden's address to the players. Spoke about the winning being that - character building - and that he was proud of the way the side fought it out until the end. Singled out a couple of solid performers for some praise then outlined their rehab tomorrow night, ahead of turning their attention to North next week...

Then, in quite a serious tone, with a real intense look on his face, he made a comment that had all the room cracking up in laughter. Without quoting him verbatim, it was something along the lines of...

"And boys, the most important thing we have to remember to take out of the great win today..." (silent pause for a few seconds, every eye in the room looking intently at Mick)

"Is that I wont be known as bloody Maughen Thiem for the whole week, now" !!!
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:10 pm

Footy still has a sense of humor!!!Very Happy 
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:50 pm

Big Phil wrote:Port were the 'FORM' team of the comp, based on who they had beaten over the last month of footy, Micky. The Eagles were a bit up and down but certainly had a strong, character building win today.

Was in the victorious rooms post game and listened to Godden's address to the players. Spoke about the winning being that - character building - and that he was proud of the way the side fought it out until the end. Singled out a couple of solid performers for some praise then outlined their rehab tomorrow night, ahead of turning their attention to North next week...

Then, in quite a serious tone, with a real intense look on his face, he made a comment that had all the room cracking up in laughter. Without quoting him verbatim, it was something along the lines of...

"And boys, the most important thing we have to remember to take out of the great win today..." (silent pause for a few seconds, every eye in the room looking intently at Mick)

"Is that I wont be known as bloody Maughen Thiem for the whole week, now" !!!

Love it Phil sounds like Gods !!
And some credit to Port they have greatly improved themselves since the last time the two sides met!!
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:47 pm

My thoughts on umpiring....

Funny how you think they went o.k. when your team wins.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:58 pm

bigclock wrote:What are you thoughts on the standard of umpiring BP?
I thought there some decisions that portrayed poor interpretation of the rules, for both sides, and I thought there were a few obvious decisions missed, again both ways...

Probably wasn't the umpires' best day at the office, but have seen worst, this year and in the past...

To be really honest, I don't actually pay too much attention to the umpires, these days, because I know that they are not always going to get it right and if you make sure you do as much as you can to the letter of the law, then they wont come into the fray as much...

I will admit though that there has been a real changing of the guards in the umpiring fraternity, over the last 3 or 4 years, and with the exception of perhaps Michael Avon, all the field umpires are relatively young. Perhaps that means there may be a little more inconsistency of performance, just simply due to lack of experience...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:19 am

This thread, and that of West v South, and that of Central v Norwood is about the match.

If you wish to discuss umpiring, then please start a separate thread to do so. This thread, and the others listed above, are for discussing the match itself.

This is applied to all members of this site.

TFSA Moderation Team
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:33 am

bigclock wrote:Is it possible to read a wrap up without someone criticising  the umpires?

Why? If people think the umpiring was poor (and it frequently is in my experience) it's perfectly legitimate to post about it. In fact it would be odd to go out of your way not to mention it I'd have thought.

Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:17 am

Sorry, I shouldn't have posted that after the note from Admin - but I think a separate commentary on it might be less interesting. I think it sits quite comfortably within the post-match discussion thread. It tends to sound like excuse-making to those without an emotional involvement in the specific game and to those who didn't witness it.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down