Eagles north wrap up

3 posters

Go down

Eagles north wrap up Empty Eagles north wrap up

Post by mickyj Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:00 pm

Was an intriguing game to watch . both teams squandered opportunities more so the Eagles !
Conditions seemed to favour the eagles game style over north , Although north when allowed ran the ball with ease and scored !! Saying that Ainger awoke from his sleep of recent weeks and did the same in attack when let to run !!

Neither team deserved to lose this game !! Crows players in the stand should have seen how to fight out a game!!
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Eagles north wrap up Empty Re: Eagles north wrap up

Post by bayman Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:34 pm

was a great contest & i thought the Eagles were slightly better for the majority of the game & had they kicked straight early they would've had a match winning lead (at one stage it was 18 scoring shots to 9 & they lead by 6 or 7 points), North just kept hanging on & hanging on & finally they started to get on top & barring for brain fades & poor shots in front of goal in the last term they would've capitalized on the Eagles earlier poor kicking, as for the last free kick i was too far away to know if it was correct or not but the previous 4 or 5 minutes North had peppered the goals & stuffed it up with Thring (who hardly ever misses, did miss from a set shot directly in front, Thiele stuffed up moments earlier than than but they did end up with a shot that missed anyway & one or two others as well)....bottom line is both sides were going to be lucky or unlucky depending on which team was yours.....off course you must play to the siren & the Eagles got two or was it three goals with kicks on or after the siren today !!!
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:41 pm

That's a first for me today - seeing a match decided with a set shot after the siren, and thankfully Goldy snuck it through!  It was Staple who missed after the quarter time siren, bayman, then Ainger goaled just on 3QT.

I was most impressed with the pressure, the effort just to lay the tackles was outstanding, and enabled us to net both last quarter goals.  Salters chase for about 25 metres was inspiring to say the least.

One of the closest matches ever for the cumulative quarter by quarter margins, too, at just six points in total - 3, 1, 0 and 2.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:59 pm

Gotta say some of the north players looked like rabbits in a spotlight at times . I think the conditions helped the Eagles tackling game !!
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down