Glenelg v Norwood at Gliderol Stadium, Saturday night.

+6
Go Legs
Big Phil
UncleHuey
bayman
howthewestwaswon
Lee
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Glenelg v Norwood at Gliderol Stadium, Saturday night. - Page 2 Empty Re: Glenelg v Norwood at Gliderol Stadium, Saturday night.

Post by UncleHuey Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:40 pm

Norwood was too good last night. Their skill level and discipline was much better . The number of times they would get the ball at half back and carve their way forward under little or no pressure was both awesome and frustrating to watch.

The lights could be better, the corner in front of the scoreboard seems particularly gloomy. Perhaps we could ask the spectators to hold up their mobile phones to cast some more light.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Glenelg v Norwood at Gliderol Stadium, Saturday night. - Page 2 Empty Re: Glenelg v Norwood at Gliderol Stadium, Saturday night.

Post by bayman Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:34 pm

for the first time in my memory i could hear the siren clearly on the outer side & i'm half deaf these days
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by bayman Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:47 pm

waddayamean wrote:I agree about the lights and I think people aren't going to some night games because of it . Norwood is the only ground they are acceptable for spectators.

i don't think lights at any ground would stop people going, i also think that while it may not be 'daylight' they are basically good enough for football & they are fair in the sense it is the same for both teams, now toungue in cheek i'll say that Norwood Oval lights may be the best in suburban grounds but that's only when they work Wink Razz Very Happy
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:24 am

waddayamean wrote:
bayman wrote:
waddayamean wrote:I agree about the lights and I think people aren't going to some night games because of it . Norwood is the only ground they are acceptable for spectators.

i don't think lights at any ground would stop people going, i also think that while it may not be 'daylight' they are basically good enough for football & they are fair in the sense it is the same for both teams, now toungue in cheek i'll say that Norwood Oval lights may be the best in suburban grounds but that's only when they work Wink Razz Very Happy

Really ? Big call . I have 3 relatives that won't go after attending night games. They went twice and said " no point going , you can't see who has it on the other side " . I also have 2 mates that after a few more than 2 have the same thoughts.

Not sure I mentioned daylight though ? What does basically good enough for football mean though ? Of course it's the same for both teams ,I'm not sure on your point there .

Out of interest , would they play an AFL game under lights at our night venues if they are good enough for football ?

Of course not. The AFL is run by TV broadcasters.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:01 pm

does anyone know what the lights are like for VFL footy ? do they have night games in the WAFL ?

without knowing the actual stats i'd suggest they get more to night games than day games generally speaking, neutrals like me can go to a second & sometimes third match & very seldom can get the four matches in on a weekend, on Friday we have South v West we'll see what the crowd is but if it was to be played on Saturday would you get more or less ? anyone know the figures for matches at Noarlunga between these two teams on Saturdays ?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:45 pm

In the 70s, they introduced coloured shorts for television.

Maybe now, all the SANFL clubs with dark jumpers (Port, West, Glenelg, South Norwood), wear a lighter coloured guernsey for night games (clash jumper).

howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2