Glenelg v Norwood at Gliderol Stadium, Saturday night.

+6
Go Legs
Big Phil
UncleHuey
bayman
howthewestwaswon
Lee
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Glenelg v Norwood at Gliderol Stadium, Saturday night. Empty Glenelg v Norwood at Gliderol Stadium, Saturday night.

Post by Lee Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:55 pm

Glenelg surprised a favoured South at Noarlunga, with several of their AFL players in form.

Norwood just keep on with their well-drilled style, whoever is playing for them.

Another good game.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Glenelg v Norwood at Gliderol Stadium, Saturday night. Empty Re: Glenelg v Norwood at Gliderol Stadium, Saturday night.

Post by howthewestwaswon Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:08 pm

Norwood by 3-4 goals.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Glenelg v Norwood at Gliderol Stadium, Saturday night. Empty Re: Glenelg v Norwood at Gliderol Stadium, Saturday night.

Post by bayman Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:44 pm

tough contract, but not an impossible one for the Tigers, ''Wazza'' is going to have to play even better to match up on Dawe & Renouf, around the ground i think our players are as good as theirs, (on last weeks performance) Norwood are as we know a well drilled & clean skilled team, if the skills are matched or even better we can certainly win, a wet slippery night will suit us more than them but the forecast is fine, the heart says Glenelg but the head says Norwood but i do think it'll be close
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:18 pm

Club expecting 8-10,000...........hopefully they are correct, however i'd think around 5,000 & 6,000 at most, i doubt the AFL match would affect the crowd (of either of the SANFL night matches on Saturday)
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:28 am

GLENELG PRESS RELEASE

Now it’s the Bay’s turn for a big crowd

Glenelg Football Club is gearing up for a massive crowd for its first home game blockbuster against reigning premier Norwood this Saturday night at Gliderol Stadium.

After a bumper first round of SANFL league attendances over Easter it’s now Glenelg’s turn to ‘light up’ Gliderol Stadium.

Everything is falling into place to expect a huge turnout said Glenelg Chief Executive Officer Rob Nelson.

“This is the fixture we wanted, the two highest crowd-drawing clubs in the competition under lights with both coming off impressive wins in the opening round,” he said.

“The weather forecast is for a picture perfect 30 degrees so we have every reason to expect a big response from both Norwood supporters and our own, he added.

Glenelg Football Club with the SANFL has made Saturday nights the focus of its first three home games this year to build on the success of the first year of night football at Gliderol Stadium in 2012. All Saturday night games in April will commence at 6.30pm.

Details:
This Saturday 6.30pm Glenelg V Norwood
Saturday 20 April 6.30pm Glenelg v Central
Saturday 27 April 6.30pm Glenelg v Sturt
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:18 pm

Hopefully it will be close, the Bays have been on the end of some beltings from Norwood over the last couple of years. Almost got over the line late last year, so if our midfield can play as they did against South we are a chance.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:14 pm

From the SANFL site...

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/1979/

SANFL website wrote:Glenelg v Norwood
Gliderol Stadium, Saturday 6.30pm – LifeFM

Glenelg
Glenelg has been rocked by the sudden departure of classy midfielder Tom Holmes on the eve of its big clash with Norwood at Gliderol Stadium on Saturday night.
Holmes’ long-term partner has secured an employment extension in Jamaica, leaving the Mount Gambier product to make the agonising decision to end his playing career with the Tigers.
‘’We respect Tom’s decision and we wish him all the best,’’ Glenelg football manager Ken Applegarth said.
‘’It is a strong yet clear decision he’s made and one that most young men would make. He’s been with his partner for a long time, they got together in Mount Gambier. She went overseas for her employment and is doing very well. Once she got an extension (for her employment) Tommy had to make a decision. So we wish him well.’’
The Bays will also be without their best forward in Ruory Kirkby, who will act as best man in a friend’s wedding.
‘’The club has known about it for quite a while as Ruory was up front about it,’’ Applegarth said.
‘’Common-sense prevails, it was just unfortunate the wedding fell when we had a big game against Norwood.’’
Kirkby’s absence provides a significant opportunity for developing forward James Hinge, who made his league debut against the Redlegs last year.
Midfielder Jacob Carger has had his strong pre-season rewarded with league selection while Brad Agnew and Chris Curran were also named in the Tigers’ 22-man squad. Former Port Magpie Ryan McInerney will make his debut for the Bays.
‘’Ryan was recruited due to his intensity, his work ethic and his relentlessness,’’ Applegarth said.
‘’I think this game will suit him right down to the ground so we’re looking forward to him making his debut for the club.’’
Crows-listed defender Sam Shaw (hamstring) was unable to be considered after injuring himself at training this week while utility Tom Lynch has been called up for the Adelaide’s match against Brisbane on Saturday.

League
F: Hitchcock, Trembath, McNeil
HF: Davenport, Hinge, Carger
C: Tenace, Lyons, Hender
HB: Mules, Tapp, Logan
B: Pitt, Proud, Jolly

R: McGinty, Hooper, Allen
INT: Bradley, McInerney, Agnew, Curran

IN: Hinge, McInerney, Carger, Agnew, Curran
OUT: Kirkby (personal), Holmes (personal), Shaw (hamstring), Lynch (Crows)

Reserves
F: McFarlane, Reid, Snook
HF: McIntyre, Gamble, Bailey
C: H. Gill, Lally, Nicholson
HB: Neale-Bullen, Milne, Klaosen
B: Underwood, Clurey, Wilson

R: E. Gill, Hayes, Earl
INT: Galley, Newton

Norwood
Norwood captain Kieran McGuinness will play his first league match in nearly 12 months when he confronts Glenelg at Gliderol Stadium on Saturday night. McGuinness, who missed last year’s premiership due to a knee reconstruction, regained confidence after playing a full game in the reserves against Port last Thursday night.
‘’He was OK it was more about his own confidence and feeling as if he’s ready to play,’’ Norwood coach Nathan Bassett said of McGuinness.
‘’He got a bit of a knock on his knee and he came through that unscathed so he feels as if he’s ready to play. He will be a reasonably handy inclusion.’’
Ed Smart has also been included in the Redlegs’ squad of 23 after a mishap before training last week.
‘’Ed stepped on a foam roller last week on Wednesday night,’’ Bassett said.
‘’We still thought he would be OK on Thursday but he dropped out on Thursday morning and Luke Wilson came in. Ed’s had an outstanding pre-season so we’re expecting good things from Ed this year.’’

League
F: Dawe, Panos, Smart
HF: Donohue, Warren, Webber
C: Jefferies, M. Thomas, Murphy
HB: McGuinness, Aish, Pfeiffer
B: Kirwan, Georgiou, Bode

R: Renouf, Suckling, Zorzi
INT: L. Wilson, M. Evans, Roocke, Persinos, Grigg, Roocke

IN: Smart, McGuinness

Reserves
Davis, Oakley, DeMaettis, Hughes, Wallis, Peter, Bampton, Fantasia, C. Evans, Baulderstone, Luccon, L. Thomas, A. Giannini, Rander, Ialeggio, McKay, A. Wilson, Vidic, O’Leary, Wicks.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:48 pm

boys & girls,
get there early not only to support the reserves but to get you cars parked for two reasons, reason 1, so the Port 'ferals' can't get a park around the area, i can see bedlam happening at the actual car park behind the grandstands with a ''but i always park here to go to the footy by bus'' & reason 2, a lot of the streets around Glenelg East & Glengowrie are no standing zones at present because of the bikeway being built

as for the game, sadly i think Norwood easily
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Go Legs Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:28 am

Just a quick bit of advertising for the NFC History Group.

A new book has been released called 1878 the first year of the NFC, at $25 it is a real good read for history buffs;

Follow the link http://www.safooty.net/norwoodredlegs/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4598 and order your copy now.

Cheers,
Go Legs
Go Legs

My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:02 pm

I'd be hopeful that Norwood could continue our winning form and get up by around 24 points. Glenelg appear to have improved on what I was expecting, and apparently Kris Massie has been adopting elements of Norwood game style, so it could get interesting.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:17 pm

You'd think a side which has matered a game style would be too strong for a side which is learning it.

I don't underestimate the Bays, but Norwood to win for me.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:14 pm

Far too many outs for the Bays, Norwood to get up.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Go Legs Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:20 pm

That makes the Bays the underdog, always respect the underdog or pay the penalty, aka Crows vs Essendon last week.
Go Legs
Go Legs

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:58 pm

Something about Glenelg says they look hungry to me, tipping the Tigers by 14pts.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:08 pm

Guess not,

Norwood 21:21 (147)

def

Glenelg 9:9 (63)
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:25 pm

i expected a result like that, no Kirkby meant Trembath was going to be double teamed, Dawe & Renouf were always going to wear down big Wazza who battled hard

i was impressed with the tenasity, commitment & endeavour in the first half & to a lessor degree the third term but in the last term the intensity etc just dropped off & collectively they just gave up & good teams don't drop off whether they're winning or not

as for next week with at least Button & Kirkby to come in i have NO DOUBT we will beat Port, i saw Ports first 2 games of the year, the main reason Port got so close last night was Sturt got very leg weary (as they did the week before) rather than Port playing super footy
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:32 pm

Just a word about Kieran McGuinness. The way he played tonight you'd have thought he hadn't missed a game for the past 12 months. Was an absolute star tonight, as was Brett Zorzi. I'm going to miss these two when they're gone, I enjoy watching them play so much.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:37 pm

AH, i reckon Zorzi had the 3 votes sewn up at half time

heard a rumour from a Norwood bloke tonight, that being that Zorzi has actually sold his house & is now renting & was planned that this was/is his last year before moving back to Melbourne, with all the sanctions that Norwood have been given, Norwood are trying to convince him to play on again next year

anyone know if this is true ?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:47 pm

Yes, he's definitely sold up and renting in Norwood. He has a young family and they wish to return to Melbourne whereas the grandparents are.

Unless the Zorzis have a change of heart, I am pretty sure Norwood have accepted this will be Zorzi's final season for the Redlegs.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:47 am

Just one suggestion. Although time wise it makes sense to get the game started at an earlier time, but sitting in the outer last night, the 1st quarter was very difficult to watch.

We had to contend with the sun setting and the lights didn't really kick in until quarter time. Either make it a day game or a night game.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:47 am

testy wrote:

Far too many outs for the Bays, Norwood to get up.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Go Legs Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:25 am

Adelaide Hawk wrote:Just one suggestion. Although time wise it makes sense to get the game started at an earlier time, but sitting in the outer last night, the 1st quarter was very difficult to watch.

We had to contend with the sun setting and the lights didn't really kick in until quarter time. Either make it a day game or a night game.

Or, switch on the lights a half hour before the game starts like most grounds who have lights do. Rolling Eyes
Go Legs
Go Legs

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:43 am

Adelaide Hawk wrote:Just one suggestion. Although time wise it makes sense to get the game started at an earlier time, but sitting in the outer last night, the 1st quarter was very difficult to watch.

they can not start any later because of a handful of councilors that hold everything to ransom, in this case demanding (which was relunctantly agreed to) that the lights go out at a certain time, hell my young bloke went out to have a kick after the game with me & we had 5 or 6 kicks each before being herded of the ground
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Go Legs Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:57 am

Perhaps the end of daylight saving for now will fix the problem ??

Darker earlier, etc, etc.

Cheers,
Go Legs
Go Legs

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:06 pm

bayman wrote:

they can not start any later because of a handful of councilors that hold everything to ransom, in this case demanding (which was relunctantly agreed to) that the lights go out at a certain time, hell my young bloke went out to have a kick after the game with me & we had 5 or 6 kicks each before being herded of the ground

Fair enough. Then I suggest Glenelg don't schedule any games under lights until daylight savings finishes. For some reason, most of the game was played on the grandstand side last night, and we couldn't see much action in the 1st qtr. Glenelg players in darker jumpers seemingly kept appearing from nowhere Smile
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next