Glenelg v Sturt - Gliderol Stadium - Friday night at 7.20pm

+4
Chambo Off To Work We Go
waddayamean
bayman
Admin
8 posters

Go down

Glenelg v Sturt - Gliderol Stadium - Friday night at 7.20pm Empty Glenelg v Sturt - Gliderol Stadium - Friday night at 7.20pm

Post by Admin Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:03 pm

A few days ago, they were both undefeated. Now the loser will be worried and the winner will be sitting pretty. Plenty riding on this one in front of what should be a big crowd.

Glenelg by 25 points.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glenelg v Sturt - Gliderol Stadium - Friday night at 7.20pm Empty Re: Glenelg v Sturt - Gliderol Stadium - Friday night at 7.20pm

Post by bayman Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:05 pm

i'd be expecting a bit of 'niggle' on friday night, the make up of both teams may be a deciding factor, at home the heart & head says the tigers
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Glenelg v Sturt - Gliderol Stadium - Friday night at 7.20pm Empty Re: Glenelg v Sturt - Gliderol Stadium - Friday night at 7.20pm

Post by bayman Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:50 pm

i thought our first term was ok bar for gifting Sturt their goals in the term by AGAIN going across the ground, in the second term i thought Sturt played a smart brand of man on man footy & had us in a place where we had no place to run & create, after half time (did Massie give them a spray ?) we saw a team with urgency, commitment, run & we completely dominated the ''premiership quarter'' & at one stage (it was 4-6 & then 12-6) had kicked 8 goals in a row from during the second term, by lemon time we had got the lead out to 37 points & while Sturt tried they never looked like scoring a goal & were never ever going to get back into the game

GLENELG 2.2.14 4.5.29 12.8.80 17.10.112

STURT 2.1.13 6.5.41 6.7.43 9.9.63

my best Agnew, Hitchock Allen, Milne, Kirkby, Lally

RESERVES FINAL SCORE

STURT 12.11.83 def Glenelg 9.12.66

oh by the way are trainers allowed to coach & give directions to players ? i thought only the runner was allowed to do that, if i'm correct i & KRO for that matter can tell you that Sturt trainer number 11 was defineately coaching & giving instructions, i quizzed him about coaching & all he said was ''you run the water then''

here are the goalkickers

Glenelg

KIRKBY 4

HITCHCOCK 4

HOLMES 3

HENDER 2

MILNE 2

MULES 1

DAVENPORT 1

Sturt

Mcintyre 2

Crane 1

Thomson 1

Duldig 1

Sharples 1

Jenkins 1

Kerridge 1

Greenslade 1

Last edited by bayman on Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:14 pm

Your runner was a sight to behold, Bayman.
Not the fittest looking gentleman around, but I reckon he was on the ground and covered more turf than most of our midfielders (most of which were particularly poor tonight).

However, he was invited to remove himself from the ground a couple of times by the umps. My group found it very amusing.

At one point he ran out from the dug out over to the outer wing where nobody was standing and stood there for a minute or two, before coming back. Don't think he spoke to anyone.

That was about the highlight of my night anyway.

Very ordinary effort in the second half by the Blues who just refused to work hard offensively, in the stoppages and in defense. Completely outplayed.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:32 pm

waddayamean wrote:Exactly what did he say ?

when around where i was he was directing players where to run, who or where to kick it too, with an odd message in there as well, whether it was the coaches message or his own it was coaching, directing & being tactical....he wasn't barracking

i think/thought only the runner is allowed to give messages of tactics & advice etc, if that isn't the case well so be it
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:34 pm

as for the runner chambo, that's fair enough if you are out there too long yep get off as for his fitness well i'm the same build so i'm not going to be critical & that bloke did play league footy for Glenelg & South
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:39 pm

Looks like things haven't improved with the runner situation at the bay. Kym Koster was doing the same thing last year.

Something needs to be done about the amount of time a runner spends on the field. All teams do it. Just deliver the message then get off.

Anyway back to the game. What was the crowd like?
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:40 pm

crowd 5,820
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:41 pm

bayman wrote:crowd 5,820

Thanks Bayman. Thought they would have got more but I guess it was clashing with the game at the parade which would have kept a few away.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:46 pm

no worries, happy to help & yep i'd think 2 games would lessen the crowd a bit
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:55 am

bayman wrote:

Surely you could fit big McInty in the best players Bayman? I thought he was close to BOG and showed great athleticism tonight...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by dedja Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:08 am

Agreed Phil, was BOG for mine ... not often your leading ruck man gets the most touches.
dedja
dedja

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:59 am

bayman wrote:as for the runner chambo, that's fair enough if you are out there too long yep get off as for his fitness well i'm the same build so i'm not going to be critical & that bloke did play league footy for Glenelg & South

No big deal, like I said in a game of few highlights for us, it was amusing.
If he could run around for that long and be effective, why couldn't our blokes?
And I'm not talking about our runner.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:40 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:
bayman wrote:as for the runner chambo, that's fair enough if you are out there too long yep get off as for his fitness well i'm the same build so i'm not going to be critical & that bloke did play league footy for Glenelg & South

Isn't the Bays runner former Glenelg player and LifeFM commentator Tony Symonds?
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:44 pm

Big Phil wrote:
Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:

Isn't the Bays runner former Glenelg player and LifeFM commentator Tony Symonds?

no mate, it's his brother Jon Wink
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:46 pm

Big Phil wrote:
bayman wrote:

Surely you could fit big McInty in the best players Bayman? I thought he was close to BOG and showed great athleticism tonight...

he played very well but you can't put them all in & that's the way i saw it, sorry for being wrong
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by 85 Was A good Year Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:32 am

Big Phil - I agree, it was Wazza McGinty's best league game by a mile. He showed heart, strength, pace and determination. Plenty on the line for him, as he wants to keep his spot when Button returns
85 Was A good Year
85 Was A good Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:42 am

bayman wrote:
Big Phil wrote:
bayman wrote:

he played very well but you can't put them all in & that's the way i saw it, sorry for being wrong

Didn't say you were wrong mate, we all see games differently, I just thought McGinty stood out at as the best big man on the ground. No need to apologise bayman, all good.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down