The Hatchet
FOOTYfollower
Chambo Off To Work We Go
over the line
Big Phil
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Two of a Kind - Biography of Chris & James Gowans - Page 2 Empty Re: Two of a Kind - Biography of Chris & James Gowans

Post by bayman Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:29 pm

JUICEBOXMAN wrote:wouldn't ANYONE complain about being smashed in the face, thus breaking the jaw, whilst lying on your back, completely defence-less? Or is this acceptable behaviour at your club.

no different to a Glenelg player out cold in a goal square at the Adelaide Oval & a Central (usually a ball player) player Wink..............it happens to & against all clubs at various stages throughout the years, whether it is in the spirit of the game is another question
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Two of a Kind - Biography of Chris & James Gowans - Page 2 Empty Re: Two of a Kind - Biography of Chris & James Gowans

Post by Big Phil Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:37 pm

Can we just keep this topic to promoting the book? I'm sure there was enough Gowans' knocking in their retirement thread.

I spoke to someone from the club today who said pre-sales were going good. Make sure you get in early as to not miss out Smile
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:42 pm

People are just really defensive about anything posted about their club by opposition supporters... Wink What a Face
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:48 pm

bayman wrote:from memory i think South were having a dip as well

I hope the book glosses over the approaches from rival sanfl clubs before the boys settled at Centrals. Could be very embarrassing........... Sad Rolling Eyes
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by eartotheground Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:45 am

It depends if the book is being promoted by a club member/employee, or a member of the media. If the latter, surely there needs to be evenness and equity about it, such as not criticising opposition players along the way also in such things, otherwise a line becomes very blurred.
eartotheground
eartotheground

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:10 pm

What if it is being promoted by both, ettg?

Was there criticising of opposition players was there?

Where was that?
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:24 pm

waddayamean wrote:
Big Phil wrote:Can we just keep this topic to promoting the book? I'm sure there was enough Gowans' knocking in their retirement thread.

I spoke to someone from the club today who said pre-sales were going good. Make sure you get in early as to not miss out Smile

I think it's ok , most threads side track slightly .Like the Malcolm Blight one , there is talk of Phil Carman on there. How come you haven't stepped in on that ? Relax , I don't think it's harmful to the sales .

wadda, i brought in the name Phil Carman on the other thread & it is related because of Mike Sheahans reaction/comments when both men said their answers to a couple of questions, sorry for adding to it Rolling Eyes

as for the Gowans' they are human they made mistakes, i've made mistakes we've all made mistakes, misjudgements etc time to move on with this & either buy the book or don't
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by eartotheground Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:08 pm

Big Phil wrote:
over the line wrote:No doubt, probably a few chapters about how the methods they used to snipe our (and every other team's) younger players
You obviously don't remember Gary MacIntosh king hitting a 16 year old kid named Stuey Dew back in the 90's?

Anyway, enough of the cliche Gowans' snipes, can we keep this thread for plugging the book, not bagging the twins?

Phil, keep in mind things like the first part of this along the way with "bagging opposition players"

You do a good job in promoting the SANFL without such opinions blurring the good.

This is an excellent book that rightly pays tribute to two very influential players in SANFL and deserves support.
eartotheground
eartotheground

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:05 am

Happy Birthday to the twins today...

P.S - Don't forget to buy the book Smile
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:24 pm

For those interested, from the Central Facebook page, here is the cover of the book.

Two of a Kind - Biography of Chris & James Gowans - Page 2 283240_496503193749572_2028817486_n

And don't forget to pre-order and pay for yours to ensure you get it before the official launch...

http://www.cdfc.com.au/club-news/gowans-book-two-of-a-kind-available-to-pre-order/
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by JUICEBOXMAN Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:53 am

I'm ordering mine today, Phil! Waddayamean, I think they're pointing at you Smile
JUICEBOXMAN
JUICEBOXMAN

My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by FOOTYfollower Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:02 am

Is this website getting a commission for sales of the book, or is it a straight out advertising fee?

I suspect that those people who are buying the book, would have done so by now, so extra spamming of the book may not be necessary.

I also suspect the brothers aren't short of a crust either, so will not go hungry if they don't reach JK Rowland status.

FOOTYfollower
FOOTYfollower

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:32 am

Talking Footy SA is not receiving any form of commission or advertising fee in relation to Two of a Kind.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:53 am

It is quite a bit of promotion though, for a book that will - lets be honest here - be of interest to the supporters of one SANFL club and one SANFL club alone.

Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:30 am

With no disrespect, there is only one person promoting the book at every chance
brodlach
brodlach

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by FOOTYfollower Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:33 pm

bigclock wrote:I view this as pure SPAM

People are probably LESS likely to buy the book as a protest, due to the promotion saturation.

FOOTYfollower
FOOTYfollower

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:37 pm

The book has been promoted enough, the point about its promotion has been made.

Let's keep discussion now to the book, please.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ca Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:00 pm

Just getting in early with an apology. It will be a big penalty but you do the crime, you do the time.
ca
ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next