+5
Brucetiki
howthewestwaswon
Flag No.10
Big Phil
C.K
9 posters

Go down

Chris and James Gowans Announce Retirement Empty Chris and James Gowans Announce Retirement

Post by C.K Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:38 pm

Thanks to AdelaideNow:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/central-district-legends-chris-and-james-gowans-confirm-retirement/story-e6freckc-1226462486457

Two wonderful servants of Central District and the SANFL for so many years. Many had an opinion on them, but will be very, very sadly missed when the Dogs play their last final.

Thanks for some fantastic memories.

C.K
C.K

Back to top Go down

Chris and James Gowans Announce Retirement Empty Re: Chris and James Gowans Announce Retirement

Post by Big Phil Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:50 pm

Wonderful footballers and great characters. Will be sadly missed...

Congratulations boys on a brilliant career...

A few very good players pulling up stumps at the end of 2012...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Chris and James Gowans Announce Retirement Empty Re: Chris and James Gowans Announce Retirement

Post by Flag No.10 Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:07 pm

I thought Laird had instituted a policy that players didn't announce retirements during the season?
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:27 pm

Flag No.9 wrote:I thought Laird had instituted a policy that players didn't announce retirements during the season?
I think the club has made a special exemption for the twins and are using it as a Marketing Tool to get a big crowd to Elizabeth next weekend against North, as a farewell home game for the twins...

Last edited by Big Phil on Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:28 pm

Two of the SANFL's greats. As much as they could sh*t me off sometimes, they were indeed something special to watch. Well done and good luck! Very Happy
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:14 pm

And hopefully (barring the Crows playing Saturday night) it will be a night game

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Big Phil Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:50 pm

waddayamean wrote:Why wouldn't the Central fans go regardless of who is playing their last game ?
Many reasons - if it is Saturday arvo there is local and country finals being played, complacent fans etc etc...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:51 pm

Well done to both of them, they have plenty of great memories to be proud of.

I'm sure any league player would like just one premiership medal unlike these two who have a bucket load between them. Chris and James Gowans Announce Retirement 169538438
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:12 pm

They have a small bucket load each, testy Very Happy
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:01 pm

They won't be gone.

Just watch who will be runners next year.
Then they will have an even bigger influence on games using only their mouths.

That sounds like a sledge, but it isn't.

I reckon in recent years their influence over the group, with their experience and leadership has been more than their on field results.

That speaks volumes about the Dogs' continuation of their 10 year tradition adn their influence on the newcomers.

Unfortunately for us other 8 teams, we will probably still see them strut around the field, owning it as always, just in a yellow fluoro shirt.

That prospect is truly frightening.

affraid
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:53 pm

Make sure you tune in to 107.9 LifeFM (on air at 6:30pm) tomorrow night for the Central v North clash...

I interviewed both Gowans' boys about their time in the SANFL and it will be played during the coverage...

If you are interstate or overseas, you can listen via the net at - www.life.on.net
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:27 pm

From Localfootysa...

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/golf-not-footy-in-twins-plans/story-fn525un5-1226551956942
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down