Flag No.10
bayman
lachlan
testy
Big Phil
36 posters

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Go down

2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions - Page 17 Empty Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

Post by countrycousin Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:43 pm

Unfortunately Sturt's Jack Kelly has announced his retirement from league footy, because of a chronic back problem. At 23, he'd played 12 A-grade games for us. He has been a very popular and well regarded team member. We're sorry to lose him and wish him well in the future.
countrycousin
countrycousin

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions - Page 17 Empty Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

Post by Big Phil Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:22 pm

Lee wrote:
Big Phil wrote:Do you know correct the pronounciation of his surname, Lee?

Pronounced as you would expect, Phil.

Q uh.

Thanks, Lee...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:49 pm

brodlach wrote:I see Matthew Rankine has quit South, plenty of talent but lacks a ticker IMO

You sure he has quit ? My mail is he is still at the club.
Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:14 pm

Southee wrote:
brodlach wrote:I see Matthew Rankine has quit South, plenty of talent but lacks a ticker IMO

And was pictured on SAFC's Facebook page on the weekend, with his South polo shirt on, being involved in Clean Up Australia Day...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:29 am

Southee wrote:

That was my info. Then this appeared in the SAAFL clearances

South Australia National Football League (SANFL) Modbury Rankine, Matthew Denied 2015-02-20 2015-02-20
brodlach
brodlach

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:01 pm

Two young players from Glenelg have decided to play elsewhere this year after both playing in the B grade last year.
Not sure of there first names but Kitschke and Sperling are the two.

Sperling is the lad who took the one handed catch at the Adelaide oval early last year in the members area with a drink in the other hand. He was being touted as a possible draftee this year. Both will play for a college team.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:14 am

North Adelaide have signed former Port Magpies and Hawthorn player Derick Wanganeen...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:10 pm

Not player movement, as such, but...

The Eagles Football Manager Trent Hentschel has resigned from Woodville West Torrens and will be joining the Port Adelaide Football Club as their new Football Administration Manager.

Good luck to Trent in his new role...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:30 pm

Big Phil wrote:Not  player movement, as such, but...

The Eagles Football Manager Trent Hentschel has resigned from Woodville West Torrens and will be joining the Port Adelaide Football Club as their new Football Administration Manager.

Good luck to Trent in his new role...

from Mr Booney on the Port thread in the AFL section

FORMER Adelaide Crows forward Trent Hentschel will join Port Adelaide in a joint administrative and development role in time for the 2015 season.

Hentschel, 32, was recruited to the Crows with pick No. 5 in the 2002 pre-season draft and eventually played 71 games until his injury-forced retirement in 2010.

He played in 2011 for Woodville-West Torrens and has since acted in a development role for the SANFL’s Eagles, currently as a league assistant coach and football manager.

Hentschel will act as a forward development coach with the Power, supporting fellow Adelaide alumnus-turned-Power forwards coach Tyson Edwards.

Additionally, he will work as the game day forwards line coach for Port Adelaide’s SANFL League side, working under senior coach Garry Hocking and alongside fellow development-cum-SANFL line coaches Stuart Cochrane (backs) and Jacob Surjan (midfield).

Port Adelaide’s general manager of football Chris Davies told portadelaidefc.com.au the acquisition of Hentschel into a joint coaching-administrative role was essential to the club completing its coaching line up.

“With Trent coming into this role, we now have a full team of development coaches supporting our head line coaches,” Davies said.

“Trent was a talented footballer at AFL level and his experience working back from several injuries during his career means he’s got a real depth of experience of what players can deal with day-to-day in the industry.

“He’s done a great job with Woodville-West Torrens as an assistant coach for their league team and will be a great fit for us culturally and in a coaching sense too.

“Administratively, he’ll be assisting to manage the day-to-day needs of the footy department, which is another critical role.”

Hentschel will commence with Port Adelaide at the end of March.

bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:55 pm

Possible late signing for West Adelaide...

http://www.ntnews.com.au/sport/local-afl/hermannsburg-talent-aaron-sharpe-debuts-for-sanfl-side-west-adelaide/story-fnk2to87-1227283388993
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:36 am

He was exciting in the small game time he had.

He'll be working on his fitness and we'll keep in close touch with him.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:28 pm

Sturt Football Club is pleased to announce that Shane Grimm, former Talent Manager for Woodville-West Torrens, has been appointed General Manager of Football.
Shane has successfully managed the Eagles' list for the past eight years - which included the club's premiership year of 2011 - and brings solid finals football experience to the Double Blues, as well as strong management skills. Shane played football for the Port Adelaide Magpies and for Hahndorf Football Club until his retirement in 2002.
He has had coaching roles with both Hahndorf and the Port Magpies U19. He was also the Assistant Coach for the South Australian State U18s 2013 – 2014.
Club President, Jason Kilic, said it was a tough decision for the club due to a number of outstanding applicants applying for the role, but that the right candidate has been selected. "What stood out about Shane was his enthusiasm to come and make a difference to the new look blues and his football résumé and experience is impressive," Mr Kilic said.
Club General Manager Business Sue Dewing said "He's come from a high-performing environment at the Eagles where he was rated highly internally and I look forward to working with Shane to keep the momentum building here at Unley."
Shane, who has two sons aged 16 and 20 and married to Dawn, lives in the club's Mt Barker catchment zone and is excited about his new challenge.
"This is a quality club, a proud club, with an excellent list of players and I was particularly attracted to the role as I see so much potential," Mr Grimm said.
"I know everyone involved is so hungry to perform after an early finals exit last season and I am confident I can help drive this improvement."
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17