firstblood
Paul
the prowler
countrycousin
Big Phil
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

2014 Trial Game Discussions & Score Updates Empty 2014 Trial Game Discussions & Score Updates

Post by Big Phil Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:31 pm

Trial games kick off this weekend for the SANFL...

Port Adelaide Reserves v South Adelaide @ Alberton on Saturday morning (9:45am)

Sturt will also play the Adelaide Crows Reserves at AAMI Stadium (was original Max Basheer) on Saturday morning at 10am...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

2014 Trial Game Discussions & Score Updates Empty Re: 2014 Trial Game Discussions & Score Updates

Post by Big Phil Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:31 pm

Sturt's Squad announced...

http://www.sturtfc.com.au/sturtfc-news/league-squad-for-1st-trial-game

John Greenslade
Jack Kelly
Christian Calabrese
Fraser Evans
Jack Stephens
Zane Kirkwood
Levi Krause
Alex Stopp
Tom Hurley
Jed Durdin
James McLeay
James Wundke
Kory Beard
Angus Kurtze
Michael Coad
Tom Harms
Ben Kane
Luke Panozzo
Guy Page
Dylan Matsen
Ziggy Vitkunas
Jack Penfold
Sam Smith
Guy Ward
Mitch Curnow
Matthew Crocker
Jarrod Lienert
Tim Dunkley
Patrick Wilson
Dwayne Wilson
James Paprotny
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

2014 Trial Game Discussions & Score Updates Empty Re: 2014 Trial Game Discussions & Score Updates

Post by Big Phil Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:32 pm

Here is South's squad...

1 BRETT EDDY
3 TOM FIELDS
4 FRAZER DALE
6 BRAD CRABB
8 MATT ROSE
12 DARCY HOURIGAN
13 EMANNUEL IRRA
16 LACHLAN BOYD
18 BRENT MACLEOD
20 DALTON TUCKER
22 LUKE DURDIN
24 MATT RANKINE
25 PETER STEFFE
26 DANIEL BASS
29 SHANNON SNOOK
31 PAT KERIN
32 TODD MCKAY
34 TYSON BROWN
36 NICK MURPHY
37 CAM DE VISSER
43 ADAM GULDEN
44 TOM KERIN
46 JACKSON MCMAHON
47 LEWIS MAKEPEACE
57 MICHAEL ROSS
62 JAKE VEIDE
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:33 pm

Ports squad:
Steven Summerton, Ben Haren, Robbie Young, Ben Sawford, Angus Bruggermann, Anthony Biemans, Henry Slattery, Danny Butcher, Jake Johansen, Matt Venter, Louis Sharrad, Aseri Raikiwasa, Aisea Raikiwasa, Jake Neade*,Brendon Ah Chee*, Mason Shaw*, Sam Gray*, Mitch Harvey*, Cameron Hitchcock*, Karl Amon*, Ben Newton*, Kane Mitchell*, Tom Logan*, Sam Colquhoun*, Sam Russell*
* denotes AFL listed players
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:16 pm

Adelaide are apparently keeping their squad under wraps until tomorrow. Gee they must be really serious.  Laughing 
countrycousin
countrycousin

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:38 pm

Is that Souths second 18 up against a Magpie AFL team?

Lets hope its not our first 12 goal drubbing of 2014, if it is then goodbye any hope of getting our membership past 500 this year.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:35 am

Half time

Port 5.3
South 3.6

Adelaide 8.8
Sturt 5.5
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:28 pm

Adelaide  19.18. 132
Sturt 9.7.61

Lewis Johnston got a bag. At least 5

Last edited by sapaul on Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:06 am; edited 3 times in total
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:30 pm

I hope this is not a sign of things to come.....
firstblood
firstblood

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:36 pm

Port 9.10.64 def South 7.7.49
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:39 pm

firstblood wrote:I hope this is not a sign of things to come.....

i presume you mean Adelaide winning & not Sturt losing, it wont be they'll (Adelaide) finish midfield, as for todays trial match it is exactly that, a trial match so don't worry what the scores are win lose or draw
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:40 pm

5.3 to 0.1 in the final quarter. Sturt couldn't run out games last year either  Rolling Eyes 
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:45 pm

Johnston got 7 apparently
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:18 pm

I think the Crows had Crouch Laird B.Reily playing for them
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:00 pm

the prowler wrote:Is that Souths second 18 up against a Magpie AFL team?

Lets hope its not our first 12 goal drubbing of 2014, if it is then goodbye any hope of getting our membership past 500 this year.

That was a better result than I thought would eventuate going down by 15 points to a pretty good Magpie line up.

As we all know, trial games are just that, but if you want to be in the first 22 come season proper, then you would be all out to grab a spot.

Next weeks hit out with a few to return will give us faithful a better hope for the season.
the prowler
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:44 pm

West had an internal trial last night.

Some promising signs with the new players, with Kaine Stevens a standout.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Redlegsrock Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:17 pm

Was port reserves wearing a different type of prison bars today?

Norwood also had an internal trial did anyone go?
Redlegsrock
Redlegsrock

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixredlegs Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:52 am

Hey guys, a newbie to the forum so please be gentle. Wondering where's the best place to get info on the Redlegs. Training info, Fridays Intra club etc. Any game report? Cheers. Very Happy 2014 Trial Game Discussions & Score Updates 1707509332 
Sixredlegs
Sixredlegs

My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:29 pm

Welcome, Sixredlegs.

Norwood's website should have all the info you need.

http://www.norwoodfc.com.au/
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:58 pm

Admin wrote:Welcome, Sixredlegs.

This raises a matter upon which I may become boring as the year goes on.  Wink  The media write ups of even the 2 formal trials yesterday, barely mentioned Sturt and South. It was as if only the Crows and Power reserves were worth talking about. And "Oh yeah, there was some other insignificant mob out there, to make up the numbers." Sadly I fear we're going to have to learn to put up with this in future. So the SANFL clubs' own websites, their supporters' forums and Talking Footy, are going to become increasingly important, in keeping the real SANFL clubs' supporters informed.
countrycousin
countrycousin

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:41 pm

countrycousin wrote:
Admin wrote:Welcome, Sixredlegs.

This raises a matter upon which I may become boring as the year goes on.  Wink  The media write ups of even the 2 formal trials yesterday, barely mentioned Sturt and South. It was as if only the Crows and Power reserves were worth talking about. And "Oh yeah, there was some other insignificant mob out there, to make up the numbers." Sadly I fear we're going to have to learn to put up with this in future. So the SANFL clubs' own websites, their supporters' forums and Talking Footy, are going to become increasingly important, in keeping the real SANFL clubs' supporters informed.

Your not boring me CC, this doesn't surprise me at all, I am with you, the media reports are all for the two infiltrators of our comp and not much interest in the part towards the SANFL clubs, the ones who really count, playing league football not B Grade football in a league comp. ,but I am sure there will be many more bilious reports to come during the season..
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:59 pm

It will be a bit embarrassing for them after a while if they get thumped in games.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:36 pm

redandblack wrote:It will be a bit embarrassing for them after a while if they get thumped in games.
I went to the game yesterday with several questions in my mind, about how all this would play out, during the year. But really didn't find many answers. The Crows fielded 25 players, of whom 16 were full time regulars and 9 top ups. The top ups actually fitted in a bit better than I expected. But it was the professionals that made the play. I'd be interested to see how they go, if the ratios are reversed, or even worse. Which they probably will be at some stage. Sturt fielded 31 and a number of senior players only played half a game. That's not meant as an excuse. I thought we played some pretty good football for most of the game. But we were overrun at the end, by superior fitness and class, as expected against so many professionals. Therein lies the core of the issue, I suppose. As long these AFL teams can field a significant majority of their full timers, they'll be very hard to beat. But if they get down to mostly top up players, it will be a different matter. Unfortunately for the 8 real SANFL clubs, it will be a lucky dip, on which day we happen to come up against them.
countrycousin
countrycousin

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:25 pm

The two 'professionals' as we shall call them are certainly going to have the legs to out run the other 8 true teams in the last part of quarters and the match, this will be the telling difference.

I have put the 'professionals' at the top of the table for the year with the rest falling in behind, I know its sad but I cannot see it any other way. It may take the rest of us a couple of seasons to raise the bar to their levels of fitness and skills and when it does the shoe will be on the other foot.
the prowler
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:07 am

On the other hand, South did pretty well against Port, with a lot of players out.

I'd hold judgement for a while yet.

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next