Second Semi Final: Norwood v West - Sunday 23 September 2012, 3:10pm @ AAMI Stadium

+18
waddayamean
topsywaldron
ca
spell_check
Big Phil
Captain Centrals
Bundy
howthewestwaswon
robranisgod
Adelaide Hawk
Scrappy
brodlach
Lee
Flag No.10
erik70
Thiele
bayman
Admin
22 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Second Semi Final: Norwood v West - Sunday 23 September 2012, 3:10pm @ AAMI Stadium - Page 3 Empty Re: Second Semi Final: Norwood v West - Sunday 23 September 2012, 3:10pm @ AAMI Stadium

Post by Adelaide Hawk Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:13 pm

redandblack wrote:It's also interesting that the final 3 teams are all coached by AFL linked coaches.

Anyone who thought the AFL influence wasn't going to eventually screw up SANFL football is an eternal optimist. If SANFL doesn't want defensive footy, then we must play the game by our own rules, not theirs.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Second Semi Final: Norwood v West - Sunday 23 September 2012, 3:10pm @ AAMI Stadium - Page 3 Empty Re: Second Semi Final: Norwood v West - Sunday 23 September 2012, 3:10pm @ AAMI Stadium

Post by Flag No.10 Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:41 pm

Adelaide Hawk wrote:
redandblack wrote:It's also interesting that the final 3 teams are all coached by AFL linked coaches.

Anyone who thought the AFL influence wasn't going to eventually screw up SANFL football is an eternal optimist. If SANFL doesn't want defensive footy, then we must play the game by our own rules, not theirs.

That's not possible AH in the sense that I think you mean it. The AFL is the governing body, the SANFL is affiliated with it and therefore can only deviate from the AFL's rules of the game (e.g the 25 metre rule) with their consent. But you'd think they'd be interested to see us try some things out if they share the same concerns.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:44 pm

No worries, AH.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:03 pm

ca wrote:
firstblood wrote:
ca wrote:Do West have an away strip? If so they should have worn it today. A number of times I found it hard to distinguish between the teams even with the white shorts. For the record if we were the lower ranked team I'd hope we would wear our alternate strip.
They do have an away strip, it was disscussed and the club decided to use it's traditional jumper.

Poor decision in my opinion, hopefully if they make the GF they will.

I had no problems distinguishing the 2 teams on Sunday nor did any one I was sitting with, the difference between white shorts and dark blue shorts couldn't be more contrasting.

If West happen to make the grand final be ready for more of the same. Right decision IMO.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:13 pm

AH, all true where Brown plays (sorry couldn't think of his name, it's obvious now you said it) however last sunday at some stages during play he was definately the loose player in defence, while it would clogg up a teams forward line i'd just go man on man because most of the time the majority of players are in one section anyway (i could add to that to explain clearly but it'll take too long)....btw i'm not critical of any tactic that wins games it is merely my observation of what i see, i'll add that i bet that everyone that saw both games would all agree that North looked the best side & had the best style of footy on the day

ps, if/when Norwood go top in 2012 & we get to say 2022 & the history books will say ''premiers 2012 Norwood'' & apart from replays & folklore no one would know what style they did or didn't play, eg in 1991 i know it was hot & who were in the fights etc but i coudn't tell you how the game style was apart from physical

bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:32 pm

There are some good comments on this game on the Norwood forum, generally pretty fair and much that I agree with.

I had a quiet laugh, though, at some commenters bemoaning the criticism of Norwood's defensive game plan. It's successful, so I agree with the Norwood fans.

However, they then decide that it's all Westies fault, because West play an 'ultra-defensive' game plan and they deserve all the criticism they get Very Happy

Well, most picked Norwood to be a premiership contender, very few had West in the five, so Collins' plan has been successful.

Double standards, anyone Very Happy
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3