Mongrel Punter
robranisgod
bayman
Scrappy
Admin
24 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Preliminary Final: West v North - Sunday 30 September 2012 @ AAMI Stadium Empty Preliminary Final: West v North - Sunday 30 September 2012 @ AAMI Stadium

Post by Admin Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:00 pm

Preliminary Final: West v North - Sunday 30 September 2012 @ AAMI Stadium West_logo V Preliminary Final: West v North - Sunday 30 September 2012 @ AAMI Stadium North

Sunday 30 September
3:10pm
AAMI Stadium

Broadcast: ABC1, Life FM, 5RPH, ABC Radio Adelaide, 5AA

Previous 2012 meetings
Round 4: North 13.8.86 d West 11.13.79 (City Mazda Stadium)
Round 18: North 11.11.77 d West 8.9.57 (Prospect Oval)

With Norwood through to the Grand Final, we are left with North and West as potential Grand Finalists. North have achieved what was once unthinkable - knocking Centrals out of the finals race in straight sets, while West just couldn't score against Norwood. Both previous meetings this season have gone to the Rooster so can they keep this winning form over the Bloods, or will West defeat North when it counts the most.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Preliminary Final: West v North - Sunday 30 September 2012 @ AAMI Stadium Empty Re: Preliminary Final: West v North - Sunday 30 September 2012 @ AAMI Stadium

Post by Scrappy Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:22 pm

This might be correct
The last time West Adelaide beat North Adelaide in any SANFL finals was way way way back in 1958 ?

In 1958 West beat North in the Second Semi Final
Since then North have won the next 6 finals played
1963 First Semi Final
1968 First Semi Final
1985 Prelim Final
1991 Grand Final
1995 Elimination Final
2004 Elimination Final

If this is right West have not beaten North in Finals for 54 years

If we have a North Adelaide win it would create a quandry of sorts ?
Grant Dalwood is in the hot seat
Grant is known within the Norwood club as being a staunch Legs supporter
He is part of that fine historical club of patrons at the Parade
Grant is a real club man , a thorough gentlemen, and one of the most approachable persons at the club
But his dilemma is his son Wil is now playing for North Adelaide after starting the season at Norwood earlier 2012
Who would Grant support ?
Thats a real tough one for Grant
A West win this week would solve the problem !

Spare a thought for Norwoods most previous coach Trevor Hill
Does he support North with whom he played for ?
Or would he support Norwood , a club he coached recently, and some of the hierarchy from his tenure at the club would still be there ?

Trevor would have fixed emotions if Norwood won this years Premiership
Trevor I believe has coached SPOC to a division 1 Premiership this season
Imagine if his old club does as well in the same season

Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Preliminary Final: West v North - Sunday 30 September 2012 @ AAMI Stadium Empty Re: Preliminary Final: West v North - Sunday 30 September 2012 @ AAMI Stadium

Post by bayman Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:18 pm

defence v attack...lets see who wins
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by robranisgod Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:20 am

All Scrappy's stats are correct. Also incredibly this year North have beaten every other side in the competition but also lost to seven of the eight other clubs. The one club that hasn't beaten North this year is West. Can West make it a "full house" of wins and losses for North. I wonder has that ever happened before?
robranisgod
robranisgod

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:09 am

North Adelaide have played in 22 games this season to date
Using the Bookmakers odds for this season, only in about 3 games participated by North has the favorite won the match
Early indicators are that North will be the favorite this week
If this trend continues can we expect a West Adelaide victory in the Preliminary Final ?
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mongrel Punter Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:35 pm

This game is a really hard to pick. West could not play that badly again and they now have an opposition who plays a different style of game. North played their best game of the year last week, and would be hard pressed to repeat it. They certainly haven't won 4 in a row this year. Having said that, West is the only team that hasn't beaten North in 2012. When West played their defensive game in the first half at Prospect, the half time score was North 5-4 to West 2-4. After half time, they changed to a more attacking game and the score for the second half was North 6-7 to West 6-5. At Richmond, it was a similar story by 10 points even though West had 3 more scoring shots. I understand the North hierarchy believes they have the game plan to beat West's defensive game, which has been proven, and also Norwood's, which has also been proven. West were undermanned at Prospect. West have the forward targets if they move the ball there quickly, but Dalwood is proving to almost be the recruit of the year, receiving solid support from Miles and the other backs. West have good runners and North's run and carry slices through opposition lines. West will have their hands full with Johnston and Alleway, but will they get 12 goals between them on Sunday, with tight Ferguson checking? Centrals were pretty soft and unaccountable. West won't be after their poor display last Sunday. It could be an exciting game if West come to attack. North will play their fast, aggressive, play on game, and it has proven to be very effective of late. I'm tipping the Roosters to storm into the Grand Final.
Mongrel Punter
Mongrel Punter

My club : north

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:39 pm

How has Lewi Johnston pulled up though, MP?

He looked very sore post game after getting that corked hip?

Will he play? Will the Crows put him in cotton wool?
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:44 pm

Big Phil wrote:How has Lewi Johnston pulled up though, MP?

He looked very sore post game after getting that corked hip?

Will he play? Will the Crows put him in cotton wool?

Don't even joke about it. I wouldn't put it past the AFL clubs to do this.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Mongrel Punter Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:46 pm

I haven't heard BP - I saw him limping out of the ground after the game, but I would think he'll come up. I'm writing my review a bit earlier than usual assuming all will be well. I would think the Crows would let him play and wonders happen these days with injury recovery. Jimmy Allan looked the same the week before.
Mongrel Punter
Mongrel Punter

Back to top Go down

Post by Country Cock ! Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:39 pm

How can you conpare the two?. Der one team kicks 21 Goals in a Final, the other 2, not really hard to work out and North have won the last, heaps against them as well Rolling Eyes
Country Cock !
Country Cock !

Teams : The Cocks !

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:01 pm

MP I have to say I thought Dalwood looked sub-standard on Sunday. But he won't be vital if we go in with the same small forward line as on the weekend.

One difference this week should be (if West aren't as flat as they were against Norwood) that North won't have the same space to move in and kick to as they did against Central. But they always seem to have our measure, are probably quicker, and have more goalkicking options.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:07 pm

Funny how we see things different ways, I thought Dalwood played rather well.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mongrel Punter Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:10 pm

Adelaide Hawk wrote:Funny how we see things different ways, I thought Dalwood played rather well.

I did too - Hardy didn't get his only goal until well into the last quarter.
Mongrel Punter
Mongrel Punter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mongrel Punter Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:16 pm

Country Cock ! wrote:How can you conpare the two?. Der one team kicks 21 Goals in a Final, the other 2, not really hard to work out and North have won the last, heaps against them as well Rolling Eyes

Fair comment CC, but (a) that was last week and (b) both teams had opponents playing different types of games. Norwood were committed and disciplined and Centrals were lost, tired, confused and basically a rabble.

If both teams play to their potential, it should be close, as the 2 other games have been.
Mongrel Punter
Mongrel Punter

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:27 pm

Happy 65th Birthday today to the greatest North Adelaide footballer Ive seen in my lifetime
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:31 pm

Scrappy wrote:Happy 65th Birthday today to the greatest North Adelaide footballer Ive seen in my lifetime

Deserves a thread of its own.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:33 pm

Scrappy wrote:Happy 65th Birthday today to the greatest North Adelaide footballer Ive seen in my lifetime
Barrie Robran?
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:37 pm

Correct weight BP
Barrie Robran
Born 25/9/1947 at Whyalla
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by robranisgod Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:37 am

Greatest North Adelaide player you have ever seen, Scrappy. I thought you were a better judge than that. Greatest South Australian player ever, perhaps even the greatest player anywhere ever.
robranisgod
robranisgod

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:11 am

robranisgod wrote:
Greatest North Adelaide player you have ever seen, Scrappy. I thought you were a better judge than that. Greatest South Australian player ever, perhaps even the greatest player anywhere ever.

Be fair to Scrappy, he hasn't seen every player who ever played .... although he may have come close Smile
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:26 am

The AFL you can you cant merrygoround continues

Lewis Johnson has been given permission by the Crows to play for North Adelaide this week after a minor injury scare

And yet David Rodan and Daniel Stewart who from all accounts want to play this Finals series have been denied by Port Power

Did Port Power overlook something very very important
That being they are depriving David and Daniel a footballing ambition of playing in a a possible winning Grand Finals team ?

I never played in a Premiership team in my playing career, something I would have loved to experience
And maybe Daniel and David may never get a better chance as this season as well
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:32 am

Generally speaking, Port packed up all their players. Adelaide didn't.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:38 pm

Scrappy wrote:Did Port Power overlook something very very important
That being they are depriving David and Daniel a footballing ambition of playing in a a possible winning Grand Finals team ?

If the Port Adelaide Magpies were in the finals, I would wager that their players would have been made available.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:19 pm

Yet another reason why we can't have AFL reserves teams in the sanfl.
Player availability not a level playing field (pun - sorry!)
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by robranisgod Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:33 pm

Adelaide Hawk wrote:
Scrappy wrote:Did Port Power overlook something very very important

If the Port Adelaide Magpies were in the finals, I would wager that their players would have been made available.

I believe that Mitch Banner played in the last minor round game of the SANFL and Port also made Steven Salopek available, but Salopek pulled out of the game. Remember Port were an outside chance to make the five at that stage. It was the same round that Stewart, Blee, Young and Moore were made unavailable for North and Rodan, Pfeiffer, and Jonas for Norwood and Redden for the Eagles. I apologise if I missed any. It does seem as though Phillips will be delisted given that he is allowed to play for Norwood.
robranisgod
robranisgod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next