bayman
Adelaide Hawk
Booney
burgerking
howthewestwaswon
Admin
13 posters

Go down

Round 24: Port v Sturt - Saturday 8 September @ Alberton Oval Empty Round 24: Port v Sturt - Saturday 8 September @ Alberton Oval

Post by Admin Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:58 pm

Round 24: Port v Sturt - Saturday 8 September @ Alberton Oval Magpies-logo-news V Round 24: Port v Sturt - Saturday 8 September @ Alberton Oval Sturt

Saturday 8 September
Alberton Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Broadcast: 5RPH

While most of the media's attention will be on another game around the corner, there is still one other game that will be going on on Saturday. Port are coming off a big win over West while Sturt are coming off a poor loss to the Eagles. Will Sturt cause an upset and finish the year on a high, and possibly avoid the spoon, or will Port notch up the win that may get them into the finals...
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 24: Port v Sturt - Saturday 8 September @ Alberton Oval Empty Re: Round 24: Port v Sturt - Saturday 8 September @ Alberton Oval

Post by howthewestwaswon Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:05 am

Your last sentence sounds you reckon Sturt for this one, guaranteed! Very Happy

I'm guessing that either the words 'not' or 'up' must really be the word 'get'...

Anyway, Port by 7-10 goals for me.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Round 24: Port v Sturt - Saturday 8 September @ Alberton Oval Empty Re: Round 24: Port v Sturt - Saturday 8 September @ Alberton Oval

Post by Admin Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:08 am

Autocorrect fail Embarassed

That'll teach me for doing the previews on a Mac Laughing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by burgerking Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:56 pm

Port should win but you never know which Port Magpies side is going to turn up....
burgerking
burgerking

My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:46 pm

I expect to finish the year off with a big win here.

We need a win to give us any hope of finals, Sturt will be looking to see the end of 2012 as soon as possible with the wooden spoon in their grasp.

Looking forward to catching up with a few Double Blue mates and having a frothy or two and watching Port win big.

Port 66+
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:27 pm

I saw Port last week and if they reach that standard this week they will be too much for Sturt to handle.

Having said that, there are three teams whose form has totally mystified me this season, Port and Sturt are two of them, so I wouldn't be surprised by anything in this match.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:07 pm

why would this game be played on Saturday & at Alberton Oval ? given the fact that 5 minutes away there will be 45,000 plus..... the traffic hassles, people who would like to go to both & many other reasons, well for me i'm not going as it'll take about an hour in that traffic to get there, no thanks

btw Port by at least 8 goals (interesting stat 'if true' from last week that i heard from a Sturt mate which was 8 of their goals came from AFL listed players)
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:56 pm

Port comfortably.

Saw both teams last week and thought Port looked pretty good (although West were poor), while Sturt were ok at times but were beaten by a better Eagles outfit.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:02 am

bayman wrote:why would this game be played on Saturday & at Alberton Oval ? given the fact that 5 minutes away there will be 45,000 plus..... the traffic hassles, people who would like to go to both & many other reasons, well for me i'm not going as it'll take about an hour in that traffic to get there, no thanks

btw Port by at least 8 goals (interesting stat 'if true' from last week that i heard from a Sturt mate which was 8 of their goals came from AFL listed players)

Traffic a factor? No way.

The right hand lanes of Tapleys Hill Road and Port Road would be clear to head to the Port. I'll admit Tapleys between Fulham and the Boulevard would be a little busy, but plenty of other roads to take.

Plus, this game starts 45 minutes earlier, so if you were to be there half time of the Ressies then that is about 2 hours before the Footy Park game. Shouldn't be too many hassles at that point.

One of the SANFL games had to be Saturday afternoon and why not the Port game where its fans, lets face it, couldn't care less about the Adelaide game. *Unless Sydney win* Very Happy
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Lee Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:52 pm

Lots of changes for West. Some big ins and some big outs.

Tom Keough to make his debut if he makes the final 21.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:14 pm

redandblack wrote:Lots of changes for West. Some big ins and some big outs.

I was very impressed with Tom in the Reserves game last weekend, r&b...

Some big outs for the Bloods, indeed. May just tip the ledger in favour of the Eagles, for mine, with them having no changes and a settled side...

From the SANFL site...

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/1859/

EAGLES v WEST
UNLEASH SOLAL OVAL , SUNDAY, 2.10PM
TV: ABC

Eagles
FF Rae Grocke Joyce
HFF Knights Staple Hall
C Jarrad Lewis Goldworthy
HBF Day Thompson McKenzie
FB Raymond Culley B Sumner
R Grieger Powell Rowntree
INT Shirley T Sumner Cicolella

In: -
Out: -

West
FF Silverlock Still F Caruso
HFF Ben Fisher Ferguson Bricknell
C Birss Macreadie Ezard
HBF Homburg Keogh Bonney
FB Thompson Tippett Anderson
R Borholm Blesing N Caruso
INT Laird Hill Willits Crouch Rankine

Ins: Ferguson Still Homburg Keogh Anderson Blessing Willits Hill
Outs: Hartlett Beech Brad Fisher Caire Green Nelson
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:37 pm

Big Phil wrote:
redandblack wrote:Lots of changes for West. Some big ins and some big outs.

I was very impressed with Tom in the Reserves game last weekend, r&b...

Some big outs for the Bloods, indeed. May just tip the ledger in favour of the Eagles, for mine, with them having no changes and a settled side...

From the SANFL site...

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/1859/

EAGLES v WEST
UNLEASH SOLAL OVAL , SUNDAY, 2.10PM
TV: ABC

Eagles
FF Rae Grocke Joyce
HFF Knights Staple Hall
C Jarrad Lewis Goldworthy
HBF Day Thompson McKenzie
FB Raymond Culley B Sumner
R Grieger Powell Rowntree
INT Shirley T Sumner Cicolella

In: -
Out: -

West
FF Silverlock Still F Caruso
HFF Ben Fisher Ferguson Bricknell
C Birss Macreadie Ezard
HBF Homburg Keogh Bonney
FB Thompson Tippett Anderson
R Borholm Blesing N Caruso
INT Laird Hill Willits Crouch Rankine

Ins: Ferguson Still Homburg Keogh Anderson Blessing Willits Hill
Outs: Hartlett Beech Brad Fisher Caire Green Nelson
Thanks for the preview. I think I might head over to Eagles vs West for the Port and Sturt teams
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:40 pm

You're correct, Thiele.

My fault entirely.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:44 pm

Silly me for following suite with your mistake, r&B - whoops !!!
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:42 pm

Booney wrote:
bayman wrote:why would this game be played on Saturday & at Alberton Oval ? given the fact that 5 minutes away there will be 45,000 plus..... the traffic hassles, people who would like to go to both & many other reasons, well for me i'm not going as it'll take about an hour in that traffic to get there, no thanks

Traffic a factor? No way.

The right hand lanes of Tapleys Hill Road and Port Road would be clear to head to the Port. I'll admit Tapleys between Fulham and the Boulevard would be a little busy, but plenty of other roads to take.

Plus, this game starts 45 minutes earlier, so if you were to be there half time of the Ressies then that is about 2 hours before the Footy Park game. Shouldn't be too many hassles at that point.

One of the SANFL games had to be Saturday afternoon and why not the Port game where its fans, lets face it, couldn't care less about the Adelaide game. *Unless Sydney win* Very Happy

it took me from 12.30pm (after work) to get to Alberton just before 1.30pm last week, Tapelys Hill Road where the Airport is was at a crawl, i turned at Sir Donald Bradman Drive & ended up going up Rowells Road/Findon Road all the way to Port Road etc, at least that way the traffic although heavy was flowing steadily....so 'Boonster' i wont be going to Alberton on Saturday.........i'll bet that there will be less than 1,500 there & some chance to be less than a thousand which will be sad for all concerned, i still can't see why it stays as a Saturday match
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:26 pm

Booney wrote:I expect to finish the year off with a big win here.

Port 66+

Close.
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:07 pm

Why can't we play like that more often?
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:38 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:Why can't we play like that more often?

A question asked by many supporters of various clubs I would suspect. Very Happy
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:47 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:Why can't we play like that more often?

i believe it's the fact that you had numerous AFL listed players playing, when you've had a fair few playing, your team has played well, without knowing the exact stat last week AFL listed players kicked 70 -80% of the goals & today the % would be greater, good to win but it doesn't help the younger players to gain valuable experience, the same is happening at my team
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:15 pm

sapaul wrote:
Booney wrote:I expect to finish the year off with a big win here.

Port 66+

Close.

Very..... Shocked
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down