countrycousin
Paul
BloodnTars
howthewestwaswon
Brucetiki
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round 6: Port v Sturt - Sunday 11 May @ Alberton Oval Empty Round 6: Port v Sturt - Sunday 11 May @ Alberton Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon May 05, 2014 7:55 pm

Port v Sturt

Sunday 11 May
Alberton Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Last Week
Port 20.12.132 d Adelaide 13.9.87 @ Clare Oval
Sturt 16.13.109 d North 7.6.48 @ Prospect Oval

Last Time They Met
Sturt 12.14.86 d Port 11.13.79 @ Alberton Oval

Ladder Position
Port: 1st 4-1 65.51%
Sturt: 2nd 4-1 59.70%

Two sides coming off big wins playing for top spot. Who will come out on top?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 6: Port v Sturt - Sunday 11 May @ Alberton Oval Empty Re: Round 6: Port v Sturt - Sunday 11 May @ Alberton Oval

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon May 05, 2014 9:25 pm

Port by 3-4 goals.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Round 6: Port v Sturt - Sunday 11 May @ Alberton Oval Empty Re: Round 6: Port v Sturt - Sunday 11 May @ Alberton Oval

Post by BloodnTars Mon May 05, 2014 9:59 pm

Port by 10 goals plus
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Thu May 08, 2014 4:15 pm

Port will win but if the first 5 rounds are anything to go by Sturt will be competitive. Should be Port's toughest match in a month.

Port by 40
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Thu May 08, 2014 11:46 pm

Just quietly, I know our boys are really pumped for this game. It would be a huge boost for the team and the Sturt Football Club, if we can knock them off. I believe we'll give them a damn good run for the money and with a bit of luck, who knows?
countrycousin
countrycousin

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri May 09, 2014 1:05 pm

Port by 8 - 10 goals.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri May 09, 2014 6:56 pm

Port to win this one at home.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri May 09, 2014 10:30 pm

having watched Sturt at least 3 times this year they are definitely one of the better SANFL teams going around yet they too will succumb by at least 7 goals
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Sun May 11, 2014 7:23 pm

Port Adelaide 19 - 12 - 126
Sturt......... ..11 - 10 - 76

Another SANFL side gets flogged.

Next in line... the Panthers.
firstblood
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Sun May 11, 2014 9:22 pm

I'm not particularly concerned by today's result. I am however seething over an incident on the half time siren, that saw Jack Stephens hospitalized with a broken jaw. I trust justice will be done and the player responsible is severely punished.
countrycousin
countrycousin

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sun May 11, 2014 9:24 pm

countrycousin wrote:I'm not particularly concerned by today's result. I am however seething over an incident on the half time siren, that saw Jack Stephens hospitalized with a broken jaw. I trust justice will be done and the player responsible is severely punished.

Dunno, Jack Stephens has never been with the Crows or Power before...there won't be any hype about the incident
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun May 11, 2014 9:58 pm

That's sad to hear, cc. A broken jaw is a nasty injury.

Did you get a clear view of the incident and was anyone reported?
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sun May 11, 2014 10:05 pm

Slattery was reported according to DB.org
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Sun May 11, 2014 10:33 pm

As you say r&b a nasty injury and a Port player appeared to be reported. Consequently I'd rather withhold further comment until  I see the official report. Suffice to say it didn't look good and it's certainly the subject of discussion within the Sturt FC.  Feelings are high, as you'd expect. As you know I tend to choose my words carefully.
countrycousin
countrycousin

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Mon May 12, 2014 9:26 am

countrycousin wrote:I'm not particularly concerned by today's result. I am however seething over an incident on the half time siren, that saw Jack Stephens hospitalized with a broken jaw. I trust justice will be done and the player responsible is severely punished.

From my view point it was a clash of heads that did the damage, that may not be the case but that's how I saw it. Slattery was clearly groggy after the hit suggesting heads clashed and I too feel for Stephens as nobody wants to see a player injured like that. I wish him all the best.

Was a split second before the half time siren which ensured players were in a large group around both injured players and tempers flared, as you would expect.

The report will be an interesting one with the focus on the bump in football at the moment.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Mon May 12, 2014 9:27 am

spell_check wrote:

Dunno, Jack Stephens has never been with the Crows or Power before...there won't be any hype about the incident

You see, why bring that up?
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon May 12, 2014 10:20 am

Booney wrote:
spell_check wrote:

You see, why bring that up?

I agree once again with you Booney. Another silly comment.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon May 12, 2014 11:37 am

I think the fact that Stephens had already given out the handball and Slattery probably just had enough time to pull out from the bump, suggests, in my opinion at least, that he might miss one or two games in the next few weeks...

I have seen some grainy vision of the bump and it doesn't look good. I think the SANFL will be looking to use the behind the goals vision available at Alberton Oval to determine exactly how 'late' it was and whether or not Slattery's feet left the ground.

Not sure if it was a head clash, or not, Stephens is a fair bit taller than Slatts?
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon May 12, 2014 11:43 am

There will be vision and that will tell the story.

Henry Slattery doesn't seem to me to be anything but a fair player, so let's wait and see.

It's amazing how many melees happen at the half-time siren!
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hatchet Mon May 12, 2014 12:17 pm

footage already on SANFL website on the recovery session (which is really lacking something in the hosting). doesnt look good for slattery, couple of games there.
The Hatchet
The Hatchet

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Mon May 12, 2014 3:50 pm

Just an update on Jack Stephens, from Sturt's head trainer. Then I'll move on, it's in the hands of others now.

"Concussion....fractured lower jaw.....missing a tooth.....surgery this arvo."
countrycousin
countrycousin

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Mon May 12, 2014 4:32 pm

http://www.sanfl.com.au/

The bump at 27:20 of the footage in the Recovery Session.

No Sturt players remonstrated until well after the event, seemingly those close by didn't see it for anything more than that.
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon May 12, 2014 4:34 pm

Oh dear, I think Henry might get afair holiday for that.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Mon May 12, 2014 4:38 pm

3 weeks will be my guess.
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon May 12, 2014 4:42 pm

Well, Henry has not been given the opportunity to get a reduction for early gulity pleas or clean records...

Sent straight to the tribunal...

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/2484/

Interesting also that Ben Jefferies has been offered a 3 match ban from the tribunal...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next