PhilH
southern bulldog
UncleHuey
blueandwhite
Brucetiki
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round 9: Port v South - Sunday 22 May @ Alberton Oval Empty Round 9: Port v South - Sunday 22 May @ Alberton Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon May 16, 2016 7:52 pm

Port (8th 2-5 45.17%) v South (1st 6-1 55.41%)
Sunday 22 May
Alberton Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Both sides are coming off losses last week. Who will bounce back this week?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Round 9: Port v South - Sunday 22 May @ Alberton Oval Empty Re: Round 9: Port v South - Sunday 22 May @ Alberton Oval

Post by blueandwhite Tue May 17, 2016 10:12 am

South with plenty to play for in this one, but injury toll and making a big hole. We're going to see how far our depth goes this week!!
Out will be Crabb, Bass, Daniel,Irra, Brown and doubtful Fields and Gulden.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Round 9: Port v South - Sunday 22 May @ Alberton Oval Empty Re: Round 9: Port v South - Sunday 22 May @ Alberton Oval

Post by Booney Fri May 20, 2016 8:33 am

A couple of key out for South, a couple of ins for Port. Won't be enough though IMO. Quite looking forward to this one though, good test for both sides with South now having to deal with expectation every week instead of trepidation.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri May 20, 2016 1:01 pm

This will be close. South have some significant outs and Port is being strengthened by some useful returns from injury. South in a close one by 8 points
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by southern bulldog Sun May 22, 2016 6:52 pm

Went to the game today as a neutral supporter and i dont remember a smaller crowd at Alberton regardless of position on the ladder or the weather times have certainly changed.
southern bulldog
southern bulldog

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sun May 22, 2016 6:55 pm

waddayamean wrote:South. South provide pressure and as have said before , Port are soft.
Weren't soft today, that's for sure...

Was very impressed by the Magpies this afternoon...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Sun May 22, 2016 9:26 pm

Crowd at Alberton 1300-1400 (forget the exact figure).
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by southern bulldog Sun May 22, 2016 10:08 pm

Didnt seem that many
southern bulldog
southern bulldog

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Mon May 23, 2016 8:36 am

Yep, agreed, a touch over 1000 tops.

Anywho, South looked a little slow today, whilst Port have lots of pace, South looked slow when the ball was in space.
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Tue May 24, 2016 8:05 pm

Hard to believe it but Port now running last in home crowd averages so far this year.
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Tue May 24, 2016 11:00 pm

waddayamean wrote:If Port are to stay in the SANFL they need to merge. Their crowds are an embarrassment to the competition and the club. We see this every week. When you get out numbered by South supporters it's time to make a decision.

...and at Alberton too !!! Quite a strange feeling outnumbering them on Sunday.
Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue May 24, 2016 11:58 pm

PhilH wrote:Hard to believe it but Port now running last in home crowd averages so far this year.

it is no difference to Adelaide, it is as we all know their seconds & with this very reason the sooner they wear a Power jumper & stop the charade the better for everyone, i'd suggest with the low attendances a majority of Port people realize that the Magpies' sadly are dead as they've truly evolved into an AFL franchised organization & not too many go and watch their respective seconds play if there is no league game after, i wasn't there but i'll bet there weren't that many at last weeks reserves match between Glenelg & West, yes the seconds are important to a club but not too many go & support them & this is the case with Port & Adelaide for that matter
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Wed May 25, 2016 8:07 am

waddayamean wrote:If Port are to stay in the SANFL they need to merge. Their crowds are an embarrassment to the competition and the club. We see this every week. When you get out numbered by South supporters it's time to make a decision.

Not sure South outnumbered Port fans, both stands had good numbers of black and white within them, would have been around 50/50 IMO.

Let's also be fair, when a side is second and lost 1 game and a side is second bottom and won two, who has more people there to follow them?

Last edited by Booney on Wed May 25, 2016 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Wed May 25, 2016 8:08 am

PhilH wrote:Hard to believe it but Port now running last in home crowd averages so far this year.

A reflection on the Port people going or on visiting sides fans no longer making the trip to Alberton?
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Wed May 25, 2016 8:09 am

bayman wrote:

it is no difference to Adelaide, it is as we all know their seconds & with this very reason the sooner they wear a Power jumper & stop the charade the better for everyone, i'd suggest with the low attendances a majority of Port people realize that the Magpies' sadly are dead as they've truly evolved into an AFL franchised organization & not too many go and watch their respective seconds play if there is no league game after, i wasn't there but i'll bet there weren't that many at last weeks reserves match between Glenelg & West, yes the seconds are important to a club but not too many go & support them & this is the case with Port & Adelaide for that matter

LOL....a change of jumper will make you happy, will it? Laughing
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Wed May 25, 2016 8:20 am

Booney wrote:

A reflection on the Port people going or on visiting sides fans no longer making the trip to Alberton?

Personally, I would have thought a combination of both but probably a greater percentage of Port people walking away...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Wed May 25, 2016 8:26 am

Big Phil wrote:
Booney wrote:

Personally, I would have thought a combination of both but probably a greater percentage of Port people walking away...

I'd agree, just, I'd also add that Port AFL home game Saturday > Port SANFL home game Sunday would reduce the crowd. People can't afford the money or the time to attend both.

Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Wed May 25, 2016 8:27 am

Booney wrote:
Big Phil wrote:
Booney wrote:

I'd agree, just, I'd also add that Port AFL home game Saturday > Port SANFL home game Sunday would reduce the crowd. People can't afford the money or the time to attend both.

Yeah, you are right there...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Wed May 25, 2016 8:47 am

Booney wrote:
bayman wrote:

LOL....a change of jumper will make you happy, will it? Laughing

I would be very happy if Port changed their Guernsey.

That is I'd be ecstatic if the Power changed their Guernsey to the prison bars in the AFL. I could list a page of things I don't like about Port, but the prison bars Guernsey is about the best I have ever seen in any sport. I never understood the argument that Collingwood put about that you can only have one black and white team in the AFL when you have three blue and white teams and two red, blue and yellow teams.

I know I have gone off topic but just stating a viewpoint.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Wed May 25, 2016 9:10 am

Completely agree.
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Wed May 25, 2016 10:01 am

Terribly sad news, by the sounds of it, for Tarak Redigolo...

Seems like he'll require a second ACL knee reconstruction, in as many years...

http://www.safc.com.au/blog.html
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next