Ben W
Aceman
BloodnTars
Paul
Carrots12
Brucetiki
12 posters

Go down

Round 6: Port v Sturt - Saturday 9 May @ Alberton Oval Empty Round 6: Port v Sturt - Saturday 9 May @ Alberton Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon May 04, 2015 7:14 pm

Port faded out of the game against the Eagles last week while Sturt were all over North. Will Port get out of their form rut, or will Sturt continue their positive form?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 6: Port v Sturt - Saturday 9 May @ Alberton Oval Empty Re: Round 6: Port v Sturt - Saturday 9 May @ Alberton Oval

Post by Carrots12 Mon May 04, 2015 7:40 pm

Big game for us. Will tell us where we're at. Blues by 23 points.
Carrots12
Carrots12

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Round 6: Port v Sturt - Saturday 9 May @ Alberton Oval Empty Re: Round 6: Port v Sturt - Saturday 9 May @ Alberton Oval

Post by bayman Mon May 04, 2015 10:42 pm

when was the last time a Port team in any formation lost two in a row at Alberton ? i've watched Sturts' last 4 matches & my head says don't pick Sturt at Alberton but i think they'll win, only just though, by 9 points
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Tue May 05, 2015 12:46 pm

bayman wrote:when was the last time a Port team in any formation lost two in a row at Alberton ?

Round 21 and 22 in 2013. To Sturt and West.
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue May 05, 2015 11:03 pm

Paul wrote:
bayman wrote:when was the last time a Port team in any formation lost two in a row at Alberton ?

Round 21 and 22 in 2013. To Sturt and West.

thanks Paul
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Wed May 06, 2015 8:16 am

Port by 31
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Wed May 06, 2015 10:51 pm

This will be a beauty. Seen Sturt first hand the last couple of weeks and they have been very, very good while Port have been god for a quarter in each of the last 2 weeks but have fallen away badly.

I reckon Port may bounce back and will by 2 goals.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Fri May 08, 2015 10:26 am

Sturt have played well at home, yet Alberton is an interesting proposition. Port by 3pts.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceman Fri May 08, 2015 7:24 pm

Sturt have been racking up some decent scores, think they will have too much for Port. Sturt by 5-6 goals
Aceman
Aceman

My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sat May 09, 2015 8:57 pm

Port Adelaide 10.15 (75)
def
Sturt 11.1 (67)

Bayman was pretty close with his 9pt tip!
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun May 10, 2015 12:06 am

Ben W wrote:Port Adelaide 10.15 (75)
def
Sturt 11.1 (67)

Bayman was pretty close with his 9pt tip!

but i tipped Sturt Embarassed Embarassed
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Thu May 14, 2015 10:14 am

Does anyone have any info on if the SANFL have looked into this or is it simple media trolling?

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/port-adelaides-use-of-runner-and-physio-in-sanfl-match-to-be-investigated/story-fnii05e5-1227352137222

HAS the Port Adelaide Football Club been crossing the boundaries when it comes to using its runner and physiotherapist at SANFL games?

The Advertiser has obtained footage from a spectator at the Sturt v Port game and it shows

Magpies runner Eugene Warrior in yellow and physiotherapist Michael Wilson in the black on the ground for an extended period.
The SANFL has opened an investigation following a complaint from the Sturt Football Club after the game at Alberton on Saturday.

It is believed the Double Blues were unhappy with the amount of time Warrior and Wilson, the former Power star, spent on the ground.

Each year the clubs are reminded of the obligations of runners to deliver their message to the players and immediately leave the ground. Medical staff can only enter the arena to treat an injured player.
Ben W
Ben W

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Thu May 14, 2015 10:20 am

Are they just putting their own version of Adelaide's 19th man into practice? Very Happy

Any support staff on the ground shouldn't be in colours similar to the sides playing.

But why would a physio be on the ground for an "extended period".
That sounds sus.

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Thu May 14, 2015 10:36 am

Clearly the first time this has ever happened, any where, in any competition, ever.

Clubs have used runners to fill space for years, clubs have used runners to direct players into space for years, clubs have used trainers to send messages out for years...the only difference is if the other side chooses to complain about the level of it...that's all.

Nothing to see here, move on.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu May 14, 2015 8:20 pm

just because every club has done it doesn't make it right.....Michael Coad should have had a quick chat to the umpire & if the umpire thought that indeed they were filling up space, then all the umpire has to do is pay & free kick & the space would open up immediately, too late after the match is completed
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Thu May 14, 2015 10:21 pm

So you think it's OK Booney? Incidentally it happened in the reserves as well.
Michael Coad didn't play Bayman, so Zane Kirkwood was captain on the day, but I agree it should have been taken up with the umpires at the time.
countrycousin
countrycousin

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu May 14, 2015 11:16 pm

sorry cc, i didn't realize he didn't play, but yes the captain or in this case the acting captain has a casual chat to one of the umpires & the problem is solved straight away, lets face it one free kick & they don't do it for the rest of the game....could you imagine the outcry if it ''happened all year'' & one team (doesn't have to be Port) does this, gets pinged & costs a club a premiership
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Fri May 15, 2015 6:13 am

bayman wrote:just because every club has done it doesn't make it right.....Michael Coad should have had a quick chat to the umpire & if the umpire thought that indeed they were filling up space, then all the umpire has to do is pay & free kick & the space would open up immediately, too late after the match is completed
Coad was a late withdrawal from the game, mate, so it would have been Kirkwood that needed to say something...

No doubt, with it being brought to attention in the media, the umpires will be keeping a closer eye on it up in Balaklava...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Fri May 15, 2015 7:09 am

If they get in the way just barrel them
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri May 15, 2015 9:50 pm

Big Phil wrote:
bayman wrote:just because every club has done it doesn't make it right.....Michael Coad should have had a quick chat to the umpire & if the umpire thought that indeed they were filling up space, then all the umpire has to do is pay & free kick & the space would open up immediately, too late after the match is completed
Coad was a late withdrawal from the game, mate, so it would have been Kirkwood that needed to say something...

No doubt, with it being brought to attention in the media, the umpires will be keeping a closer eye on it up in Balaklava...

Yeah, thanks mate, cc had already informed me
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Wed May 20, 2015 12:52 pm

Just an added corollary to this and you take it anyway you like.

Spoke to a mate on the weekend who has been a trainer at several league clubs including Port.
He told me that at Port albeit quote some time ago, the runners (and in fact any official who took the ground) were actually coached in how to occupy / block up space and where to stand to do it.

I guess nobody knew that. Wink
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down