eartotheground
UncleHuey
Lee
scott
Brucetiki
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Elimination Final: South v North - Sunday 2 September @ Adelaide Oval Empty Elimination Final: South v North - Sunday 2 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:19 pm

South v North
Sunday 2 September
Adelaide Oval

League: 12:15pm

South head into the finals with a big win over Norwood, while North crawl into the final with a tight win over Port.  Who will progress to the First Semi Final?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Elimination Final: South v North - Sunday 2 September @ Adelaide Oval Empty Re: Elimination Final: South v North - Sunday 2 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by blueandwhite Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:19 am

South have defeated North comfortably in their 2 matches this season.
South have defeated the Eagles and Norwood in their last 2 games.
Souths form atm is red hot.!
South have a lot of kids in their side, will the occasion be too much for them..?
Will Carr instruct North to "distract" South from the task at hand?, he was a master at this tactic during his playing days..
Im tipping South by 5 points.

blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Elimination Final: South v North - Sunday 2 September @ Adelaide Oval Empty Re: Elimination Final: South v North - Sunday 2 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by scott Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:34 pm

We're 9-1 against North in the last 10 matches including 2-0 this year even with North on a roll.

We're 5-3 against top five teams this year whereas North is 3-5.

I think we're way better than our actual final ladder position suggests and we're definitely good enough to beat North this week, but finals is a different ball game. Very nervous!
scott
scott

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:38 pm

On form I would pick the Panthers. North seem to have run out of puff at the end of the season.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:52 pm

Friend I speak with regularly is a Panther man, and he’s regularly pointed out a couple of close losses against bottom 5 sides that pretty much cost them a double chance. So I tend to agree with Scott’s about their final ladder position being a bit deceiving in terms of how dangerous they are. They seem the safer bet this weekend, but might depend on which North we get?
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:03 pm

For North to be a genuine contender they need Max Thring back, they seem to struggle when he’s not there, I can confidently say that if he played against Norwood they would have won that match....how far away is he ?
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:25 pm

Looked like too many errors from South in the last quarter.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:41 pm

It was a lot better match to watch than the qualifying final, while there was a breeze I didn’t think it was strong enough to be influential in the scoring pattern but yet it was
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:32 pm

Conditions suited North with their running game. If it stays fine and North don't get injuries to their key players they may do some more damage.
Broosby has killed North in the two minor round games.
Bringing Sweet in changed the whole ruck dynamic.
South to me still rely heavily on their two old champs, Cross and Liddle. How much longer can they carry the burden that they do.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:48 pm

Good win to North.
I thought the Panthers had their measure at 3/4 time but the Roosters just kept on running and South couldn't keep up.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by eartotheground Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:56 pm

More from this game to be played out in the coming days relating to officials?
eartotheground
eartotheground

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:00 pm

eartotheground wrote:More from this game to be played out in the coming days relating to officials?

Not a problem 
Its official , Ive been paid out on my bet at $2-90 North Adelaide
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:10 pm

eartotheground wrote:More from this game to be played out in the coming days relating to officials?

One would certainly hope so!!!!! I thought David Armfield had made a return!

Very surprised there were no reports from this game....
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:54 pm

blueandwhite wrote:

Agreed ! Some absolute disgraceful stuff by a certain NAFC offical !

Some reports should of come out of this game.

Watch this space I guess ??
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:29 pm

Southee wrote:
blueandwhite wrote:

What was the disgraceful stuff and who are you talking about. I haven't seen the replay but I didn't see too much at the ground. A few South players lost their cool early and Max Thring certainly did in the third quarter but I only saw pushing and shoving bbut nothing more.
The South players rightly got into McInerney when he went over the mark at three quarter time but once again all I saw was pushing and shoving.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:51 pm

rocket_rooster wrote:
Southee wrote:
blueandwhite wrote:

What was the disgraceful stuff and who are you talking about. I haven't seen the replay but I didn't see too much at the ground. A few South players lost their cool early and Max Thring certainly did in the third quarter but I only saw pushing and shoving but nothing more.
The South players rightly got into McInerney when he went over the mark at three quarter time but once again all I saw was pushing and shoving.

just pushing and shoving.....yep right..

Sadly some of the South players were sucked in , and in particular the younger ones who seemed to attract the most attention.
Perhaps maybe in future it maybe an idea for Carr to empty the room of officials when he addresses the players; because clearly one got a little carried away and thought he was a player!
think you may need to take a more objective view of things RR..
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:59 pm

I am trying to be objective. I don't think I saw the inciident and would love to know what happened.
I don't know what the incident was or who was involved. Was it in the three quarter time melee or was it when Max Thring lost his cool half way through the third quarter.
I repeat all I saw was pushing and shoving in those incidents.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:47 am

I didn’t see anything untoward, however you wouldn’t have to be Sherlock Holmes to work out, these guys are talking about the runner, given the David Arnfield comment....regardless of whether it’s true  or not the old saying of the winners can laugh & the losers can please themselves seems apt to me......

I still can’t believe UBET bet $2.55 North at lemon time given 14 of the 17 goals at that stage were kicked to the southern end
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:30 am

bayman wrote:I didn’t see anything untoward, however you wouldn’t have to be Sherlock Holmes to work out, these guys are talking about the runner, given the David Arnfield comment....regardless of whether it’s true  or not the old saying of the winners can laugh & the losers can please themselves seems apt to me......

I still can’t believe UBET bet $2.55 North at lemon time given 14 of the 17 goals at that stage were kicked to the southern end

it was unbelievable how many goals were scored to the Southern end, from where I was standing there was little or no breeze at all.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:27 am

The gap between South’s best and worst this season has been relatively small, with the exception of Sunday..

Failed to convert early dominance, couldn’t stem a 15 minute onslaught in the second, dug in and got back on top in third but again didn’t fully capitalise late, and the last quarter was marred with skill errors and questionable decision making.

Was a good game to watch overall with plenty of niggle, with North deserved victors.

Cross, Fields, Davis, Haines among our best. Didn’t get full advantage from the Brooksby v Sweet match up, while young Kappler will be lamenting 3-4 moments in the second half. He’s not alone there though.

It was a season that started with fairly modest expectations, but again it was disheartening that we couldn't play our best footy when it mattered. Chalk this one up as another opportunity squandered since 2014. 4 straight finals defeats now.
saintal
saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:45 am

saintal wrote:The gap between South’s best and worst this season has been relatively small, with the exception of Sunday..

Failed to convert early dominance, couldn’t stem a 15 minute onslaught in the second, dug in and got back on top in third but again didn’t fully capitalise late, and the last quarter was marred with skill errors and questionable decision making.

Was a good game to watch overall with plenty of niggle, with North deserved victors.

Cross, Fields, Davis, Haines among our best. Didn’t get full advantage from the Brooksby v Sweet match up, while young Kappler will be lamenting 3-4 moments in the second half. He’s not alone there though.

It was a season that started with fairly modest expectations, but again it was disheartening that we couldn't play our best footy when it mattered. Chalk this one up as another opportunity squandered since 2014. 4 straight finals defeats now.

Agree. I think one of our biggest downfalls was our forward entries and forward set up in general. Our entries were always shallow and always it seemed to a congested area, resulting in turnovers to the opposition. Some of our kicking to someone on a lead was particularly poor.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:23 pm

blueandwhite wrote:
rocket_rooster wrote:
Southee wrote:
blueandwhite wrote:

What was the disgraceful stuff and who are you talking about. I haven't seen the replay but I didn't see too much at the ground. A few South players lost their cool early and Max Thring certainly did in the third quarter but I only saw pushing and shoving but nothing more.

just pushing and shoving.....yep right..

Sadly some of the South players were sucked in , and in particular the younger ones who seemed to attract the most attention.
Perhaps maybe in future it maybe an idea for Carr to empty the room of officials when he addresses the players; because clearly one got a little carried away and thought he was a player!
think you may need to take a more objective view of things RR..

Might be another North official in hot water too.. Rolling Eyes
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:24 pm

This will be my last comment on this game.
The incidents alluded to previously by several posters in this thread did occur.
The Umpires who officiated in this game were incompetent and should be sacked and not umpire again this season.
The SANFL are a disgrace.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:37 pm

blueandwhite wrote:This will be my last comment on this game.
The incidents alluded to previously by several posters in this thread did occur.
The Umpires who officiated in this game were incompetent and should be sacked and not umpire again this season.
The SANFL are a disgrace.

Spot on !

Farcical stuff !
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:09 pm

rocket_rooster wrote:I am trying to be objective. I don't think I saw the inciident and would love to know what happened.
I don't know what the incident was or who was involved. Was it in the three quarter time melee or was it when Max Thring lost his cool half way through the third quarter.
I repeat all I saw was pushing and shoving in those incidents.

North runner (Graeme Kellet) suspended for 2 weeks for physical contact on Ben Haren.  (On 7 news tonight)

There’s your objectiviness right there RR !

Thoughts ??? Or didn’t it happen ???
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next