Round 19: West v Adelaide - Sunday 26 August @ City Mazda Stadium

+2
Thiele
Brucetiki
6 posters

Go down

Round 19: West v Adelaide - Sunday 26 August @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Round 19: West v Adelaide - Sunday 26 August @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Brucetiki Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:22 pm

West v Adelaide
Sunday 26 August
City Mazda Stadium

League: 2:10pm

Both sides are playing for pride in this match. Who will finish their season with a win?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 19: West v Adelaide - Sunday 26 August @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Re: Round 19: West v Adelaide - Sunday 26 August @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Thiele Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:21 pm

West Adelaide is primed to celebrate the careers of two premiership players against Adelaide on Sunday.

Midfielder Jason Porplyzia and ruck/forward Daniel Webb have both been named in the Bloods’ 23-man squad for what will be their final appearance at Macca’s League level.

Porplyzia hurt his knee against Sturt last round but is expected to recover in time to face the Crows while Webb has been named to start in the ruck.

Key defender Jake Wilson has recovered from a hamstring strain to be named in attack while pacy Murray Waite has been added to the extended interchange bench.

F: Karpany, Middleton, Beech

HF: Bates, Wilson, Green

C: B. Turner, Schiller, Noble

HB: Wasley-Black, Burgess, Keough

B: Agostino, J. Ryan, Hill

R: Webb, Anderson, Stevens

INT: Waite, Porplyzia, Parella, Rankine, Batley

IN: Waite, Wilson

Under-18
Caruso, Dalgleish, O’Connor-Dawkins, van den Berg, Haysman, Gutsche, Gilbert, Earl, Groom, Hannagan, Evans, Rundle, Day, Morelli, Heitmann, Plate, Nunan, Hocking, Moore, Sareen, Chamberlain, Tierney, Sinderberry, Boughen, Wulff.

ADELAIDE

League

F: Jarman, Fogarty, Hadden

HF: Davis, Ellis-Yolmen, Edwards

C: Boyle, Poholke, Launer

HB: Marini, Loneragan, Signorello

B: Peake, Cheney, Gibson

R: Hunter, Wilson, Murphy

INT: Boxer, Brown, Offe, Hill, Leigh

IN: Boxer, Brown, Cheney, Leigh, Murphy, Offe, Peake

OUT: Himmelberg (AFL), Asfaha (unavailable), Connelly (unavailable), Irlam (unavailable), Tharaldsen (unavailable)
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Round 19: West v Adelaide - Sunday 26 August @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Re: Round 19: West v Adelaide - Sunday 26 August @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Thiele Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:25 pm

Bloods should get up and send the two legends in Porps and Webby off in style
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:24 pm

Thiele wrote:Bloods should get up and send the two legends in Porps and Webby off in style

the two legends, i wouldn’t call Webb a legend so is it the two Jasons’ ?
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:03 pm

bayman wrote:
Thiele wrote:Bloods should get up and send the two legends in Porps and Webby off in style

Only the one Jason
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:53 pm

Westies to finish the season on a high. Too much height and skill for Adelaide. The top six for Adelaide will do well but the bottom six are SANFL reserves level at best and turn the ball over too much.

Bloods by 6 goals.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfella Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:39 pm

bayman wrote:

Depends on your personal definition of legend baymay --- for some it is about number of games played or career highlights.

For me as a life member who was lucky enough to have long service in the playing rooms my definition of a club legend it is what the player has contributed,  how he behaves and is judged by players coaches and staffFor a playeer and what challenges, injuries or other obstacles the individual overcame to play league football --- note, by my definition this can include a player who achieved limited league games

Based on my personal definition and given i know about background issues not available to the general supporter i can confidently say that 2 legends are retiring after sundays game
oldfella
oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:54 pm

I was actually having fun with Thiele, however it was stated that two legends were retiring from league football as league footballers Webb is not a legend, he might be a great bloke as the Falcon boys tell me he is but that does not make him a legend of league football
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:19 am

Legends of Westies tho, bayman, eh! Very Happy
RODH2
RODH2

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:38 pm

oldfella wrote:
bayman wrote:

Depends on your personal definition of legend baymay --- for some it is about number of games played or career highlights.

For me as a life member who was lucky enough to have long service in the playing rooms my definition of a club legend it is what the player has contributed,  how he behaves and is judged by players coaches and staffFor a playeer and what challenges, injuries or other obstacles the individual overcame to play league football --- note, by my definition this can include a player who achieved limited league games

Based on my personal definition and given i know about background issues not available to the general supporter i can confidently say that 2 legends are retiring after sundays game

Fair call. And a good win by Westies to finish the season off.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down