Ben W
Lee
BloodnTars
howthewestwaswon
Admin
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round 22: West v South - Friday 24 August @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Round 22: West v South - Friday 24 August @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Admin Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:59 pm

Round 22: West v South - Friday 24 August @ City Mazda Stadium West-adelaide-logo_2 V Round 22: West v South - Friday 24 August @ City Mazda Stadium South_logo

Friday 24 August
City Mazda Stadium

Reserves: 4:55pm
League: 7:40pm

Broadcast: 5RPH

West are on fire at the moment with two big wins over fellow top 3 sides Centrals and Norwood, while South faded out in another home loss to Centrals. Will West inflict more pain on South, or will South sent West crashing back to earth?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 22: West v South - Friday 24 August @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Re: Round 22: West v South - Friday 24 August @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:49 pm

I still have some nightmares over West's loss at North a few weeks ago, after labelling that a must win game.

South may not have had a great season, but if the rumour that West is going to rest players comes to fruition, then IMO they could push West in a very tight affair.

Should West play a full strength side, they should win by 5-6 goals at least.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Round 22: West v South - Friday 24 August @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Re: Round 22: West v South - Friday 24 August @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by BloodnTars Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:55 pm

If we start resting players, we do not deserve to win.

DO NOT FLIRT WITH FORM!

(sorry for shouting) Embarassed
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:18 pm

I don't think it's about which players are on the field, it's about the attitude of those that are out there.

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:58 pm

15 minutes into the first quarter and I think Westies are going to be in all manner of trouble with the sheer run and ferocious tackling of the Panthers and will revert to a defensive style game and get done by 50+ pts. South might even end up resting a few in the last 1/4 for next week.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:08 pm

Ben W wrote:15 minutes into the first quarter and I think Westies are going to be in all manner of trouble with the sheer run and ferocious tackling of the Panthers and will revert to a defensive style game and get done by 50+ pts. South might even end up resting a few in the last 1/4 for next week.

Nice work, Ben Very Happy
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:21 pm

Ben W wrote:15 minutes into the first quarter and I think Westies are going to be in all manner of trouble with the sheer run and ferocious tackling of the Panthers and will revert to a defensive style game and get done by 50+ pts. South might even end up resting a few in the last 1/4 for next week.

.....and then I woke up from my dream ! Shocked
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by howthewestwaswon Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:19 pm

A no to what? A full strength side, or the winning margin? scratch
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:41 pm

I'm not sure Andy Collins will want to risk form by resting players. The Bloods have had a reasonably good run with injury this year so not sure they have any blokes needing a rest. I always find it interesting to see this time of year what happens if/when sides rest players and how their form is that week and the following games. Time will tell but I think Weat will feild as full a strength side that they can and should be too strong for South.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:03 pm

i've rated South all year, i believed they were a top 3 team or close to it & they've won only 5 games, i know they've lost 3 or 4 close ones which would have them in the 5 but do they have the same belief as me in their own ability ? seems they don't on the other hand West has started its charge to September glory & they'll win as they have confidence & only a let down after beating Central & Norwood in successive weeks will see them come undone
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:09 pm

waddayamean wrote:Yeah good point , full strength side.I edited it to only show the relevant bit bold ,not the whole sentence .

No worries. Very Happy
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:29 pm

waddayamean wrote:
Big Phil wrote:I'm not sure Andy Collins will want to risk form by resting players. The Bloods have had a reasonably good run with injury this year so not sure they have any blokes needing a rest. I always find it interesting to see this time of year what happens if/when sides rest players and how their form is that week and the following games. Time will tell but I think West will feild as full a strength side that they can and should be too strong for South.

We will , maybe more to it ?
What do you mean, more to it?
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:53 pm

Time will tell Wink
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:02 pm

waddayamean wrote:That doesn't really make sense that reply though.
After Friday night it will, I reckon...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:55 am

bayman wrote:i've rated South all year, i believed they were a top 3 team or close to it & they've won only 5 games, i know they've lost 3 or 4 close ones which would have them in the 5 but do they have the same belief as me in their own ability ? seems they don't on the other hand West has started its charge to September glory & they'll win as they have confidence & only a let down after beating Central & Norwood in successive weeks will see them come undone

Losing close ones has not been good for the Panthers but their main problem is that they just cannot win at home. I think its one from 9 at home this year?
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:38 am

Think it's 1 win and 8 losses .... Just embarrassing to our footy club !

Seems to be alot of silence about it too .... Embarassed
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:58 pm

Southee wrote:Think it's 1 win and 8 losses .... Just embarrassing to our footy club !

Seems to be alot of silence about it too .... Embarassed

Yes, I can hear the crickets at Noarlunga from here! Wink
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:22 pm

SOUTH:

F AINGER WUNDKE BEILBY
HF. CAREY DE VISSER MILLER
C. WATSON STRIBLING ROLFE
HB. MURPHY MCKERNAN VEIDE
B. HOULIHAN CRABB REDIGOLO

FOLL.
BROOKSBY
CROSS
LIDDLE

INT. FROM

DANIEL
TARQUIN BROWN
TAYLOR
PFEIFFER
DOWDELL

INTO 23
Nathan Daniel Tarquin Brown Tim Houlihan Todd Pfeiffer

OUT:
Gotch, Crate
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:25 pm

WEST:

F: F CARUSO N CARUSO P NELSON
HF: Ben FISHER Brad FISHER J EZARD
C: S BIRSS C SCHMIDT J BEECH
HB: A FIELKE R FERGUSON B CROUCH
B: A HARTLETT J TIPPETT S GREEN

RUCKS
R WILLITS
D CAIRE
L HILL

INTERCHANGE
R LAIRD
T SILVERLOCK
B MACREADIE
C BONNEY
S BRICKNELL

INS:

OUTS:
A HARTLETT
S BRICKNELL
Ben FISHER
C BONNEY

Kurt Thompson and Tyson Slattery not named as outs but have disappeared from last week's team.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next