Lee
BloodnTars
howthewestwaswon
Admin
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Round 22: West v South - Friday 24 August @ City Mazda Stadium - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 22: West v South - Friday 24 August @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by bayman Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:52 pm

scores

West 2.3.15 4.9.33 6.11.47 8.13.61

South 3.0.18 4.2.26 8.5.53 9.6.60

goalkickers

West

Brad Fisher 3 with singles to Silverlock, Fielke, Macreadie (who kicked the las 1.1 of the match), Laird, Beech

South

Ainger 4, Carey 2 with singles Wundke, Pfeiffer, Mckernan

reserves

West 18.14.122

South 11.10.76
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 22: West v South - Friday 24 August @ City Mazda Stadium - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 22: West v South - Friday 24 August @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by bayman Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:07 pm

Ferguson was clearly the best man on the ground

West clearly dominated the first half albeit a scrappy affair but bad kicking kept South in it & after half time with a lift in intensity South clawed their way back into it & was somewhat stiff to lose in the end, (they keep losing the tight games)

both runners 'seemed' to fill up spots & both were told to move at times during the match when close to a ballup or throw in

just back to the reserves for a minute, young Eleni Glouftsis was umpiring well & with her voice in the second half (we got there at half time of the reserves), anyway i had ventured to the outer side after demolishing 3 steak sandwiches & during the last term there was 3 West league players (Fielke, Caruso & one other who i didn't recognize) warming up in the pocket & she told them to get over the fence as they can't warm up while a game is on, Caruso said to Fielke ''since when haven't we been allowed to do a warm up'' ? & the reply from Fielke was ''it came in this year but last week was the first time it was enforced''

bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:28 pm

ps, the game was in a similar vain to the recent West v Glenelg match
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:36 pm

Terrible game and have never been so disappointed after a win in my life I reckon. Umpiring was quite good in the first half but that changed in the second half. They paid so many tiggy-touchwood free kicks it was pathetic. Don't think the Macreadie free was there but they paid so many of those in the 2nd half that they had to pay it.

Ferguson was Best on Ground and it was hard to find another West Adelaide player who performed for 4 quarters. Maybe Birss. Ky Miller really impresses me and looks to be a player of the future. Liddle, Cross and Stribling were good as usual, but South will probably need to recruit some more midfielders to help these guys out.

Hope Schmidt's shoulder is ok. Very important to our team and our chances to progress in the finals. Was in civvies in the 3rd quarter, but there was no sling on his arm so that is encouraging.

Crowd was pathetic. Lucky to be 1000 there.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:38 pm

Agreed, bayman, Ferguson was outstanding and he's been in great form for a fair while now.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:13 am

From all reports, the crowd seems to have been very poor, which brings up a few points for me:

1. Why schedule night games in the middle of winter? I realise that this is the end of the season and people may have been anticipating better weather, but August is still classified as a winter month.

2. Why schedule a night game against a traditionally low supporter base club who have to travel the furthest? I bet you'd have been lucky to see any Panther person there last night. Surely night games are to maximise your profit potential. A Sat game vs South and a Fri night game vs Port/Glenelg/Norwood would surely bring in more money over the 2 games than a Sat game vs P/G/N and a Fri night game against South, wouldn't it?

Happy with the 2 points, but why do West seem complacent (not saying they are) against lower ranked teams??
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:47 am

If it had been a reasonable night, a few random people from other clubs may have turned up. Maybe that was their thinking

Never been so cold at the footy as I was last night.
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Lee Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:21 am

Kurt Thompson and Tyson Slattery were out injured.

No players were rested.

HTWWW, you raise an interesting point about West being complacent(?). I don't think they were, but you're right that subconciously they might have been affected by knowing they had 3rd spot tied up already. They still dominated the game, but their forward 50 entries were terrible all night.

The crowd actually grew as the game started and the official figure was about 1793, which is pretty reasonable.

Playing a West v South game at night in August, though, isn't a great idea.

And yes, it was very cold.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:50 am

Any news on Schmidt r&b?

They were complacent IMO. They thought they were just going to turn up and win. They looked tired in the last quarter, has training been stepped up?
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:57 am

Crowd 1793 - I think they must of counted everyone twice.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:10 pm

I looked at the crowd late in the game and was surprised just how many were there. It was pretty solid from the stand to the Mound Bar.

Not sure about Schmidt, bnt. He'll miss some, I'd say, but we'll have to wait for the doctor's assessment.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by lachlan Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:01 pm

Iam glad the Bloods got the 2 points considering we have played the top 2 teams in the past 2 weeks and also Slattery,Thompson were out and that Schmidt our best mid didn't play after 1/2 time. the conditions weren't good either

I really hope Chirs Schmidt can play during the finals. We need this kid he has been an absolute stand out this yr along

Players such as Tippett, Laird and Crouch have aslo been fantastic contributors for us this yr
lachlan
lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:13 pm

Tippett and Ferguson must be about the best FB and CHB in the league this year.

Ferguson has been in top form for a fair while now.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by lachlan Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:19 pm

R&B

I agree with you Ferguson and Tippett best CHB and FB combination in the league
lachlan
lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:05 pm

The 1 point loss summed up Souths season really ...

Bitterly disappointed.

5 games this year we have lost by under 1 goal .

Let's hope the club heavily recruits over the break ....

Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:16 am

I never really, even when we got behind, thought we would lose. Westies looked in control all night but just couldnt kick goals. I would like to put both Port and Eagles away the next two weeks to make a bit of a statement

Ferg = legend
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2