Thiele
Brucetiki
Southee
blueandwhite
blacky
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round 19: West v Norwood - Sunday 7 August @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Round 19: West v Norwood - Sunday 7 August @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Brucetiki Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:48 pm

West (10th 2-13 34.12%) v Norwood (9th 4-10 44.39%)
Sunday 7 August
City Mazda Stadium

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Both sides come into the game off bad losses.  Who will bounce back this week?

Last edited by Brucetiki on Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:53 am; edited 2 times in total

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 19: West v Norwood - Sunday 7 August @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Re: Round 19: West v Norwood - Sunday 7 August @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by blacky Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:07 pm

as far as I know this game is at Richmond sunday
blacky
blacky

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Round 19: West v Norwood - Sunday 7 August @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Re: Round 19: West v Norwood - Sunday 7 August @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by blueandwhite Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:40 pm

It wont matter where its played or when , Norwood will win.
West are seriously undermanned and dispirited after what I saw on Saturday.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:43 pm

Westies will get up by 2 goals.

Norwood in all sorts of trouble !!!
Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:47 pm

sadly it'll be the same as last week, Norwood will win by around 100 points, Lewis Johnston to kick 11 goals
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:54 am

blacky wrote:as far as I know this game is at Richmond sunday

Oopsies Embarassed - and after I nearly said the North v Port game was at Alberton too. I was on a roll last night Very Happy

All fixed up

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Thiele Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:22 pm

WEST
West Adelaide teenager Izak Rankine is set to make his IGA League debut against Norwood at City Mazda Stadium on Sunday.
Aged just 16, Rankine – who measures in at 178cm and 67kg - is a speedy half-forward with high-quality skills and goal sense.
A member of this year’s victorious McDonald’s SA Under-16 team, Rankine is the younger brother of South Adelaide’s Matt Rankine.
‘’His ability to find the ball is excellent,’’ West football manager Andrew Marks said of Rankine, who this week was awarded a Level 1 AFL Academy scholarship.
‘’He’s got a lot of speed and he can play up forward or in the midfield. We’re hoping he can provide a spark and some excitement for the future.’’
Retiring premiership defender Adam Hartlett could make his return from a calf injury after being named on the extended interchange bench.
Key defender Josh Ryan (194cm and 88kg) could also make his IGA League debut after joining the Bloods from South Mildura.
Premiership backman Errin-Wasley-Black has been named at half-forward after 28 possessions and nine clearances in the Reserves last round.
Tyson Slattery and John Noble have been sent back to the seconds to find form.

League
F: Rankine, Tuck, Fielke
HF: Silverlock, Middleton, Wasley-Black
C: Agostino, K. Stevens, Schiller
HB: Green, Favretto, Hill
B: Caire, Hardy, J. Evans

R: Webb, O’Brien, Schmidt
INT: Burgess, J. Ryan, Haysman, Hartlett, Turner
IN: Hartlett, Rankine, J. Ryan, Wasley-Black
OUT: Slattery, J. Noble

Reserves
Slattery, Pillion, Homburg, McPherson, L. Ryan, M. Noble, I. Johnson, Inglis, Heitmann, Majok, Scott, Waite, Fitzpatrick, Male, Westhoff, Cameron, J. Stevens, G. Hampton, Karpany, J. Noble, L. Evans.

Under-18
Goldner, Gutsche, Eichner, Baker, Hocking, Alaeddin, Crump, Smith, Moore, Walton, Beard, Wagner, West, Heitmann, Clarke, Secker, Lampard, Staker, M. Johnson, Binnion, Allen, Cameron
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:42 pm

Westies will turn around their recent woeful performance and run the Legs close. Can't see them winning but it won't ne a flogging either.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:39 pm

First game for Izak Rankine, who I think is something special.

Just 16 years and about 4 months old, I've seen him at Under 18 level this year. He's only played about 3 Reserves games and was comfortably BOG last week.

Matthew's younger brother and very talented.

I wouldn't expect too much too soon from him, but he's not eligible for the draft for another 2 seasons.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:47 pm

Well, it was an entertaining duel, I think its fair to say West lost it rather than Norwood won it, Norwood with the aid of a 3-4 goal breeze used it well enough to have a handy lead, after that I think West were the better team & seemed a lot hungrier than the Norwood players, Westies will rue their last quarter especially kicking 2.7 to 4.0
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:54 pm

Schmidt
2 kicks
1 handball

Must have been injured ?
If injured , WA might have been unlucky ?
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:49 pm

Scrappy wrote:Schmidt
2 kicks
1 handball

Must have been injured ?
If injured , WA might have been unlucky ?

he went off injured about 10 minutes into the first quarter, the way he was holding his lower arm i'd suggest it is a wrist injury
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:50 pm

Injured his shoulder (I think) in the first 5 minutes.

Today proved why both sides are 9 and 10. Very ordinary game.

Rankine very impressive and look forward to seeing over the next couple of years before going in the draft. Apparently the youngest indigenous player to debut in the SANFL, beating Wanganeen. May have found a forward in Wasley-Black.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Big Phil Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:36 am

Schmidt dislocated his shoulder, quite badly, and took no further part in the game...

Travis Tuck might have played his last game for the club, possibly?

Talk he might not play on next year and despite West having 2 more games after next weeks' bye, his hit on Jake Pitman will surely come under the scrutiny of the MRP?

Hung around at Richmond for a beer after the game and stayed for presentations...

Was good to see Andrew Marks interview Daniel Caire and Adam Hartlett, who had a wonderfully emotional speech...

Also interesting to see the Bloods entertaining a potential recruit, who played in the State Game for Victoria. Would be a very good pick up...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:44 am

Travis Tuck was reported on the day by the umpires.

Looking forward to future details of recruits Centrals are entertaining in coming weeks, mate  Wink
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:59 pm

Westies could have won if they had kicked straight. Worrying signs for Norwood to be so completely outplayed in the last quarter again.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:22 pm

BloodnTars wrote:Injured his shoulder (I think) in the first 5 minutes.

Today proved why both sides are 9 and 10. Very ordinary game.

Rankine very impressive and look forward to seeing over the next couple of years before going in the draft. Apparently the youngest indigenous player to debut in the SANFL, beating Wanganeen. May have found a forward in Wasley-Black.

Is Rankine younger than Greg McAdam who has held the record as the youngest indigenous player to debut in August 1977? McAdam was definitely younger than Gavin Wanganeen on debut.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by mark beswick Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:09 pm

Greg McAdam - 16 years 190 Days

Izak Rankine - 16 years 106 Days

I haven't done 1990 Rd X Rd yet to check Wanganeen but in 1990 F-Cup game he was 16 years 260 Days which means his H&A game would make him older again.
mark beswick
mark beswick

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:14 am

Thanks Mark. I thought Rankine had broken McAdam's record but I was disappointed how the media and websites were saying Wanganeen held the record when he clearly didn't. The other indigenous player who must have been very young on debut was Josh Mail. I think he may have been younger than Wanganeen as well.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by robranisgod Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:42 pm

mark beswick wrote:Greg McAdam - 16 years 190 Days

I haven't done 1990 Rd X Rd yet to check Wanganeen but in 1990 F-Cup game he was 16 years 260 Days which means his H&A game would make him older again.

I have always thought that Josh Mail holds the record as the youngest ever indigenous player to debut in league football. He was 16 years 95 days when he first played seniors for North.
robranisgod
robranisgod

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:06 am

robranisgod wrote:
mark beswick wrote:Greg McAdam - 16 years 190 Days

I have always thought that Josh Mail holds the record as the youngest ever indigenous player to debut in league football. He was 16 years 95 days when he first played seniors for North.

As always you are right, RIG. Josh Mail was born on 18th December 1974 and debuted in the first Home and Away game of 1991 which was played on 23rd March, 1991. As they say in the USA, do the math.

Incredibly Mail played reserves for North Adelaide in about May 1990.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by mark beswick Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:29 am

Josh Mail - 16yrs 95 days for SANFL Premiership Pt Games OR 16yrs 52 Days if you count the F-Cup Game

Well played Rocket Rooster - you were correct Smile
mark beswick
mark beswick

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:58 pm

mark beswick wrote:Josh Mail - 16yrs 95 days for SANFL Premiership Pt Games  OR 16yrs 52 Days if you count the F-Cup Game

Well played Rocket Rooster - you were correct Smile

It wasn't me who was correct. It was the genius, Robranisgod who came up with Josh Mail.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next