Paul
BloodnTars
Aceman
UncleHuey
bayman
Brucetiki
10 posters

Go down

Round 15: West v Adelaide - Sunday 26 July @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Round 15: West v Adelaide - Sunday 26 July @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:28 pm

West Adelaide weren't overly convincing in their win over Centrals, while Adelaide completely destroyed North. Who will come away with the win this week?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 15: West v Adelaide - Sunday 26 July @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Re: Round 15: West v Adelaide - Sunday 26 July @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by bayman Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:13 pm

West to win comfortably, by around 6 goals
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 15: West v Adelaide - Sunday 26 July @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Re: Round 15: West v Adelaide - Sunday 26 July @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Lee Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:50 am

Afelaide are a far different side right now. Only 3 or 4 top up players.

Tough game for West.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:26 am

Yep, this game certainly has a different complexion than it did a month or two ago. The Crows look very strong and if whispers of Sloanes return are correct then it adds yet another listed player to their SANFL ranks. I'll still tip West, but this game could go either way.

The Crows really do like as though they are going to have a big say in the final make up of the 5 this season.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:57 pm

I'm almost leaning towards the Crows. They have some players in form and their midfield may be able to negate what has been one of West's strengths in their own midfield and run. Might need to see the teams first.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceman Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:33 pm

A Crows win really will help our cause but cant see West dropping this one, West by 3-4 goals
Aceman
Aceman

My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:51 pm

West by 29 points
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:35 pm

We've been lucky usually having to play the crows on a friday night before the AFL side plays that weekend so have played some very weak sides. This will definitely be the strongest we have encountered.

Will be close all day and hopefully the bloods fall on the right side of the ledger.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:10 pm

M.Crouch dropped by the AFL side so should be playing for Adelaide
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:03 pm

Strange game, with the last quarter a great advertisement for those against AFL sides on the SANFL.

Adelaide scored 4 quick goals into the breeze to start proceedings and looked far too big, quick and skilled for West. Somehow, over the next 2 1/2 quarters, eedt played enough good footy to outscore Adelaide by 8 goals to 4 to get within a few points.

Given a 10 point deficit at 3/4 time and West's usually strong last quarters, it looked set for a tight finish. That idea was set aside in 5 minutes, with Adelaide kicking 3 goals and hitting the post twice. From there, it wasn't a contest.

With 18 listed players and a lot of quality, including 3 players over 200cms, Adelaide just looked too tall, too big, too skilled and too professional for a pretty good SANFL side.

It's a worry and it was a bit sad, even allowing for my bias, to watch such an artificial mismatch.

For West, Chris Schmidt again stood out, supported by Travis Tuck and Jason Porplyzia.

A proper game next week against Sturt.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:20 pm

So much for the theory that as the AFL sides gain injuries that they have less AFL listed players and become a more even competition for the SANFL sides. Farcical and unfortunate that this is where we now find the competition..
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:20 am

Ben W wrote:So much for the theory that as the AFL sides gain injuries that they have less AFL listed players and become a more even competition for the SANFL sides. Farcical and unfortunate that this is where we now find the competition..

That theory still holds, it's just that when they don't have a long injury list they can be harder to beat than traditional SANFL clubs. For some strange reason this doesn't get a lot of airplay from the powers that be.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:04 am

We saw the opposite ends of the spectrum on Sunday.

A few weeks ago West were no match for a powerful Port lineup and were thumped by a very strong Adelaide team yesterday, while Sturt had a good win against a much weaker (for some reason) Magpies. It's swings and roundabouts, but that has a big effect on the competition.

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:43 am

Port were actually stronger as far as names in the line-up yesterday, but Sturt smashed us in the first half and we never got back into it.

Don't underestimate Sturts performance yesterday.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:05 pm

I won't. They beat us at Unley and we play them next week.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down