Flag No.10
First 21
blueandwhite
Waiting for# 14
Thiele
Brucetiki
12 posters

Go down

Round 18: West v Glenelg - Saturday 26 August @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Round 18: West v Glenelg - Saturday 26 August @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Brucetiki Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:18 pm

West v Glenelg
Saturday 28 August
City Mazda Stadium

Reserves: 12:00pm
League: 2:40pm

West are playing to avoid the wooden spoon while Glenelg are playing for their season. Who will come away with the win this week?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 18: West v Glenelg - Saturday 26 August @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Re: Round 18: West v Glenelg - Saturday 26 August @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by bayman Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:22 pm

With respect to west if Glenelg can't win this week with what is on the line then we may as well give up, bays by 27 points
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 18: West v Glenelg - Saturday 26 August @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Re: Round 18: West v Glenelg - Saturday 26 August @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by blueandwhite Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:33 pm

Not much to say about this game except..

GO BLOODS!!! Laughing
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by bayman Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:54 pm

First 21 wrote:
bayman wrote:With respect to west if Glenelg can't win this week with what is on the line then we may as well give up, bays by 27 points

We are talking about Glenelg remember .lol

Good to see you show respect....not
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:18 pm

West Adelaide could unleash another two BankSA Rookies for its clash against Glenelg on Saturday.
Mature-age Dustin Head (25, 181cm and 80kg) from Border Downs Tintinara FC has been named on the extended interchange along with 20-year-old Thomas Lynch, from Goodwood Saints.
They have been joined in the Bloods’ 23-man squad by former Tiger Jacob Carger, key defender Jake Wilson and utility Chol Majok.
Murray Waite, Nick Favretto and Jack Evans have all been sent back to the Reserves.
Premiership players Chris Schmidt and Daniel Caire will play their last Macca’s League game for the Bloods.
League
F: Rankine, Wasley-Black, Green
HF: Karpany, Middleton, Turner
C: Batley, Schiller, Hill
HB: Schmidt, Wilson, Burgess
B: Caire, Keough, Agostino

R: McPherson, K. Stevens, Fielke
INT: Head, Carger, Noble, Majok, Lynch
IN: Carger, Head, Wilson, Majok, Lynch
OUT: Waite, Favretto, J. Evans
Reserves
Silverlock, Favretto, Waite, Haysman, Anderson, Klemke, Pillion, Peter, Bates, J. Evans, Ryan, Iannucci, I. Johnson, Holliday, Scott, Vassallo, Halkias, J. Ryan, J. Stevens, L. Evans, Bottin.
Under-18
Nunan, Eichner, Gutsche, Earl, Chamberlain, Baker, Fairlie, Crump, Walton, Inglis, Boots, Jones, Laube, Milde, Sinderberry, Heitmann, Smithson, Rana, Thilthorpe, Westley, Wright, Dunkin, Avery, Hannagan.
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:23 pm

Really hope the boys get up for Schmidt and Caire on Saturday. They have been real champions for the club its sad to see them go.

Congrats to Dustin Head if he makes the final cut on making his debut. He has had so many injures over the years and missed out on heaps of footy.
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Waiting for# 14 Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:19 pm

Ok. I'll bite. Waddayamean, Glenelg have had a massive resurgence so theres no lol from me. Only respect win or lose from here as huge improvers. That is undisputed and past most people's prediction. Admin please delete me if so but giving the bays a "lol" is average at best. Go the Redlegs and all the best W.
Waiting for# 14
Waiting for# 14

My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfella Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:47 pm

Injury-plagued West Adelaide’s Dustin Head will finally make his SANFL league debut
WARREN PARTLAND, The Advertiser
August 24, 2017 5:24pm
Subscriber only
WEST Adelaide defender Dustin Head’s dad cried when told the long-awaited news his son would finally make his league debut for the Bloods.

Head, 25, had never heard his father cry before. The emotional response to his phone call to the family farm in Tintinara signified what his selection for the final round clash against Glenelg at Richmond Oval on Saturday meant.

This is an inspiring story of incredible perseverance and patience. Nine years after moving to Adelaide to chase his football dreams, and after an amazing 14 knee operations and a 2016 season wasted by osteitis pubis, Head will achieve his ambition and taste league action.

Not once did Head ever consider giving up on his goal. Not even when he felt the many hours of loneliness rehabilitating while his mates ran around the ground.

“I could not speak, I was shaking,” Head said of his reaction to being told he would be in the side. “The phone call to my dad is when it really sunk in.

“Dad has had a couple of heart scares in recent months. He has been to all my games, drives up from Tintinara. Mum (Jo) and dad have been such big supporters, as well as my partner Lauren.”

Head’s tremendous talents attracted interest from AFL clubs in his debut season with the Bloods, only to rupture the ACL midseason at training.

There has since been another 13 operations, including two more knee reconstructions, in a searching test of his character. Head has had his moments of frustration, but there has been little complaint.

“I’ve kept going because I wanted to play that league game,” said Head, who has a building business Steady Homes with team-mate Kaine Stevens. “That is why I moved to Adelaide, to play footy.

“It was hard watching footy and thinking I could be playing. Last year was really hard when I missed the season with the groin problems. I went to Europe to get away for five, six weeks and didn’t watch footy at all. I wanted to be keen to go for pre-season.

“I always thought I could do it and the biggest thing is I get to play with Chris Schmidt and Daniel Caire in their final game for the club. This has been a long time coming.”
oldfella
oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:50 pm

what a great insight, i truly hope he plays well but i also truly hope he plays well in a losing side
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:42 pm

Nicely written by Warren Partland.

Dustin, all the best. We're all proud of you and your Dad.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:59 am

Great story.

Just shows at the far far end of those who have to do it the hard way, there can be a good news story to inspire others around you.

Hope he rips it up for the rest of his career.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:45 pm

Great story about Dustin, I hope he makes a real go of it and can string together some uninjured seasons.

I have a bad feeling about this game, I can see Westies lifting for the retirements and winning a close one which will cost the Tigers a final spot. Hope I'm wrong but I think we will lose by a couple of goals.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:33 pm

go bloods!
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:56 pm

The SANFL site isn't working at all, not even for live scores. Hopeless.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:13 am

So the Bays lost the last two games of the year to the two bottom sides to drop out of the five. That's pretty extraordinary.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:21 am

Flag No.10 wrote:So the Bays lost the last two games of the year to the two bottom sides to drop out of the five. That's pretty extraordinary.

That's why we don't deserve to be in there & Central deserve to be there, you could also add that Central are arguably the form team of the competition while Glenelg have won something like 2 of the last 9 matches, Glenelgs' best football is good enough but we are way too inconsistent & there is a huge gap between our best & our worst
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfella Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:48 am

As a westies supporter i must say that the bays were in yesterdays game all the way but in the end i feel that a couple of clinch goals at the critical time plus the sheer emotion of the day got westies over the line

Its easy to overlook the fact that the bays are still a young team learning the way and from my viewpoint have probaly performed way above expectations this season but at the end of the day similar to westies young bodies being regularly hit by hard experience bodies get very tired by the end of the season
Is
The bays are well coach and are in my opinion a definite threat in the next couple of seasons similar to the young westies side

My early tip westies v bays grand final 2018
oldfella
oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:35 pm

This comment made by John Casey C7 telecast
Aaron Fielke kicked the first goal in the second quarter

" And Aaron Fielke draws Firstblood in the second quarter "
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:07 pm

IMO, two significant things led to the win.

Shifting Chris Burgess to key forward in the second half was critical. Mason Middleton was double-teamed and Chris broke the shackles to kick 3 gioals and give off another one. Originally a 'come and try' player from Flinders Park, Chris might now be on the radar of a few AFL clubs.

The second was the performance of Izak Rankine, who invigorated the team with his run and skill, as well as kicking 2 goals. Looking forward to next season for him before he goes No 1 in the draft!

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:25 pm

bayman wrote:
Flag No.10 wrote:So the Bays lost the last two games of the year to the two bottom sides to drop out of the five. That's pretty extraordinary.

That's why we don't deserve to be in there & Central deserve to be there, you could also add that Central are arguably the form team of the competition while Glenelg have won something like 2 of the last 9 matches, Glenelgs' best football is good enough but we are way too inconsistent & there is a huge gap between our best & our worst

It still must be a bit soul destroying. When the Bays were around the mark and seemingly safe in the 5. Extraordinary circumstances to miss and drop to 7th.

What changed the form so dramatically?
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:27 pm

Lee wrote:IMO, two significant things led to the win.

Shifting Chris Burgess to key forward in the second half was critical.  Mason Middleton was double-teamed and Chris broke the shackles to kick 3 gioals and give off another one.  Originally a 'come and try' player from Flinders Park, Chris might now be on the radar of a few AFL clubs.

The second was the performance of Izak Rankine, who invigorated the team with his run and skill, as well as kicking 2 goals.  Looking forward to next season for him before he goes No 1 in the draft!

I remember Chris as a junior from the Surf Club. Good lad. Didn't know he was in contention for a senior berth at Westies.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:18 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:
bayman wrote:

It still must be a bit soul destroying. When the Bays were around the mark and seemingly safe in the 5. Extraordinary circumstances to miss and drop to 7th.

What changed the form so dramatically?

It is and I wish I knew. Undecided whether we overachieved in the first half and underachieved in the second or this is where we are at. Lack of height at both ends of the ground continues to hurt. In the last few weeks it seemed that they had run out of puff and became over-reliant on a small number of players to do the heavy lifting. The disposal was ordinary out of defence and through the midfield and we didn't have a plan B when things were not working. First quarters were poor all year and in the latter half of the season we could not storm home and overtake other sides.
Very disappointed in the last 2 weeks, to lose to the bottom side twice and by comfortable margins is inexcusable.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down